Sanchez Haters

Who has played just 14 games so far? Let me guess....

EJ

wasn't it Sanchez's first year when he went 8-7 and then lead the team to the AFCC championship game the next season?

thanks for pointing out that, I thought so but unless I looked at the wrong Sanchez PFR had it wrong. ergo the 8-7 record

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think we all get that he and the Eagles were in a passing situation for rest of the game. But credit the rest of us who are pretty comfortable saying they understand what they saw in the first and second half from Sanchez.

He was, predictably, right back where the Jets left him over a year ago. He is what he is.

Let's see how it plays out. There are six games left in the season. He looked pretty solid in his first two games, and I think that some fans here underestimate how dire the situation was yesterday. The story hasn't concluded yet. The Thanksgiving game against Dallas will be telling.

As for watching the second half, there was a much better game on - the Raiders/Chargers! Khalil Mack had a fantastic sack.

I suggested revisiting Sanchez after the Dallas game, so that's what I'm doing. He has an 89.3 rating (58.75 espn tqbr) and 8.0 ypa. The team has gone 4-1 with him as the starter and has averaged 34.5 ppg along with 440 offensive yards per game.

Edited by dave mcbride

I suggested revisiting Sanchez after the Dallas game, so that's what I'm doing. He has an 89.3 rating (58.75 espn tqbr) and 8.0 ypa. The team has gone 4-1 with him as the starter and has averaged 34.5 ppg along with 440 offensive yards per game.

He has performed well mostly against crappy defenses (Panthers, Cowboys, Titans) ? If he can keep up the level of play against Seattle, then we can say things have changed. I suspect though that we will see the same Sanchez that New York Jets fans came to love.

Foles looked great last year. So it's caveat emptor.

I can't say for sure what the high end is for Foles or Sanchez. What I am comfortable in saying about these two qbs is that good coaching makes a difference. And playing on a good team makes the qb even a better qb.

He has performed well mostly against crappy defenses (Panthers, Cowboys, Titans) ? If he can keep up the level of play against Seattle, then we can say things have changed. I suspect though that we will see the same Sanchez that New York Jets fans came to love.

When staked to a double digit lead against suspect D's, the Kelly/Sanchez dink and dunk passing "attack" keeps them ahead (so does a strong running game). In the red zone yesterday, they struggled to score TDs (1/5 ).

When playing from behind, Sanchez is exposed as a pants soiler. Luckily for Sanchez and Kelly, the rest of their schedule reads like this: Seattle at home, Dallas again (at home) and Redskins. That's one tough game left and it's at home.

Doc's right. Foles looked far better than Sanchez last year. Then things changed...

It's interesting to me that many won't even countenance the idea that a player can improve. As I've mentioned elsewhere, just about all of the top dozen qbs this year are over 30 (Luck is an exception). It's a position that rewards years of experience.

Always blows my mind too. Or that offenses and defenses may need time to come together as a unit.

It's interesting to me that many won't even countenance the idea that a player can improve. As I've mentioned elsewhere, just about all of the top dozen qbs this year are over 30 (Luck is an exception). It's a position that rewards years of experience.

The problem is you have a lot of guys coming in and having success in their first and second years. Putting up good numbers (maybe not great) but also winning games and going to playoffs.

EJ did neither his first or second season. This is the area for concern from some. Maybe EJ will improve. I do not see it POSSIBLY happening till he gets different coaching.

The problem is you have a lot of guys coming in and having success in their first and second years. Putting up good numbers (maybe not great) but also winning games and going to playoffs.

EJ did neither his first or second season. This is the area for concern from some. Maybe EJ will improve. I do not see it POSSIBLY happening till he gets different coaching.

Not at qb except for rg 3, wilson, kaepernick, and luck (all in the same year). That year is an outlier.

Not at qb except for rg 3, wilson, kaepernick, and luck (all in the same year). That year is an outlier.

And Kaepernick had sat for a year and he is now going backwards. RGIII put up numbers that year too and there is a whole thread dedicated to what is happening to him but, in summary, he has been benched for Colt McCoy. When you look at the young Quarterbacks who have come in and had success "straight away" in NFL terms in recent years they have pretty much all been dual threat guys (even Luck can scramble). The outlier who came in as a pure pocket passer with limited mobility and was good pretty much from the gun in recent years is Matt Ryan (over 3,000 yards passing, 61% completion, 16TD 11INT rookie year)

I'm telling you -- it's about age and experience provided you can make the throws. Of the 11 top rated QBs in the NFL, 10 of them are over 30 years old. Sanchez can make the throws and is a pretty good athlete. It takes time to learn how to play QB in the NFL, and it may be case that he is finally doing so. He's certainly in a good situation, and in my humble opinion looks better than Foles has looked this season.

Just a statistical anomaly or a meaningful observation? And if it's true, what does it mean? Do rules now protect QBs better so they enjoy longer careers? Or are defenses so complex now that an QB experience is more important than mere physical skill?

Just a statistical anomaly or a meaningful observation? And if it's true, what does it mean? Do rules now protect QBs better so they enjoy longer careers? Or are defenses so complex now that an QB experience is more important than mere physical skill?

I think there are a myriad of reasons. Both of those youidentify are among them.

When staked to a double digit lead against suspect D's, the Kelly/Sanchez dink and dunk passing "attack" keeps them ahead (so does a strong running game).

Who do you think "staked" him to a double-digit lead, Santa Claus? Sanchez put fogether two textbook TD drives to give the Eagles a 14-0 lead on the road against an 8-3 team and you somehow hold that against him. It's hard to have a discussion with haters.