Sanchez Haters

Not at qb except for rg 3, wilson, kaepernick, and luck (all in the same year). That year is an outlier.

Sanchez himself went the AFCC his first years.

Of those 10 Bs over 30, only Manning and Brees don't play for their original team and none were ever cut and only Brees was benched (briefly) for another QB. These guy have basically been cranking out the wins and/or numbers since early in their careers.

Who do you think "staked" him to a double-digit lead, Santa Claus? Sanchez put fogether two textbook TD drives to give the Eagles a 14-0 lead on the road against an 8-3 team and you somehow hold that against him. It's hard to have a discussion with haters.

2 good drives for sure. Then red zone futility followed-and that's with a mess of a Cowboys D. Look, Sanchez has been a Confernce Championship game QB already, twice, in his career. This isn't some Cindarella story.

"Haters"? Come on--is this a high school blog?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then red zone futility followed

hey, it's hard to score TDs in the red zone.

I don't really like the term, either, but it perfectly captures what goes on here a lot--just irrationally ripping a guy who has played very well, just because he used to play for the Jets. Edited by mannc

Doc's right. Foles looked far better than Sanchez last year. Then things changed...

Are you all right? That is the first time I can recall that you acknowledged that Doc had said something that is right? I expect an onslaught of challenges to him that compensate for your comment that he said something that is right!

Don't tell me that a broken clock is right two times out of the day. :w00t:

Edited by JohnC

hey, it's hard to score TDs in the red zone.

I don't really like the term, either, but it perfectly captures what goes on here a lot--just irrationally ripping a guy who has played very well, just because he used to play for the Jets.

Given his history, it's hardly irrational to point this out...

Are you all right? That is the first time I can recall that you acknowledged that Doc had said something that is right? I expect an onslaught of challenges to him that compensate for your comment that he said something that is right!

Don't tell me that a broken clock is right two times out of the day. :w00t:

oops!

I've been saying it for a while now: he is a good QB, who needs weapons to succeed. Granted injury gave him his second chance but I figured he would start, and excel this year. I always liked him as a QB.

Ps, he didn't run into his line on the butt fumble, Wilfork shoved his anchored lineman backwards. The jets are the real embarrassment.

Big deal. Jeff Tuel looked great at QB when the Bills rushed for 200 yards too.

You love posting lies. Tuel had 52 qb rating and was the sole reason we lost to a team that didn't score an offensive td.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jefftuel/2541196/profile

I've been saying it for a while now: he is a good QB, who needs weapons to succeed. Granted injury gave him his second chance but I figured he would start, and excel this year. I always liked him as a QB.

Ps, he didn't run into his line on the butt fumble, Wilfork shoved his anchored lineman backwards. The jets are the real embarrassment.

Those early Jets teams he was on were loaded. He was worse than EJ.

I do think the bigger point is that giving up on young Qbs too early is stupid. Chip Kelly is a legit offensive genius.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

You love posting lies. Tuel had 52 qb rating and was the sole reason we lost to a team that didn't score an offensive td.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jefftuel/2541196/profile

Those early Jets teams he was on were loaded. He was worse than EJ.

I do think the bigger point is that giving up on young Qbs too early is stupid. Chip Kelly is a legit offensive genius.

None of what you said disproved what I said. "Lies," lol.

217 yards and one TD. This is what people are freaking out over?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. He ran for a td and looked good all game.

Sanchez himself went the AFCC his first years.

Of those 10 Bs over 30, only Manning and Brees don't play for their original team and none were ever cut and only Brees was benched (briefly) for another QB. These guy have basically been cranking out the wins and/or numbers since early in their careers.

2 good drives for sure. Then red zone futility followed-and that's with a mess of a Cowboys D. Look, Sanchez has been a Confernce Championship game QB already, twice, in his career. This isn't some Cindarella story.

Just to clarify, the Cowboys' defense isn't a mess -- it's average (ranked 16th).

Edited by dave mcbride

To me Tony Romo and Mark Sanchez are identical twins

I bet they could switch uniforms, wear a tinted face mask and NOBODY would know the difference

The sad part is, Romo is waaaay better. I dislike Romo and his game with the passion of a thousand suns, but the guy is a good QB. Great? Hell no. All pro? Hell no. But he's still better than Sanchez.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. He ran for a td and looked good all game.

Just to clarify, the Cowboys' defense isn't a mess -- it's average (ranked 16th).

Your point being? It was 30-10 halfway through the third and 23-7 at halftime.

You said he looked good all game. I'm pointing out he looked good in the first half.

Dallas's defense gave up 26 points per game in November--and it's only that low because awful Jax was the only team they were able to keep under 28 points. They are in a free fall...

You said he looked good all game. I'm pointing out he looked good in the first half.

Dallas's defense gave up 26 points per game in November--and it's only that low because awful Jax was the only team they were able to keep under 28 points. They are in a free fall...

Dude, this is just sophistry. Anyone with a brain who watched that game would tell you that he played well. Seriously. Is he the second coming? No. But he appears to be a decent qb now who can run a complex offense running at high speed. And your argument about the second half is the height of sophistry. Sorry I sound irritated, btw - you're a valuable poster here,

Edited by dave mcbride