Sanchez Haters

WAh,I`m from Buffalo. I want a new QB every week. I want a new Coach. Waaah. This city is just as bad to play for as NYC. That is the problem. Too much pressure and a bunch of whiners. Waaahh.

You are so right. We should stick with Marrone for 100 more years. That'll do it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Sanchez critics - he was 7-10 for 81 yards and no turnovers at one point, but they were losing 30-3. The Packers were just unstoppable, and it was a truly hopeless situation. When people make assessements based on final stats without looking at the situation, they're offering bad analyses. In the first overall, he was 10-16 for 148 yards with no turnovers. That's 9.25 yards per attempt.

Edited by dave mcbride

For the Sanchez critics - he was 7-10 for 81 yards and no turnovers at one point, but they were losing 30-3. The Packers were just unstoppable, and it was a truly hopeless situation. When people make assessements based on final stats without looking at the situation, they're offering bad analyses. In the first overall, he was 10-16 for 148 yards with no turnovers. That's 9.25 yards per attempt.

Love the Sanchez apologists. Let me give it a try for Orton...

For the Orton critics-- he was 4 - 5 for 48 yards , 1 TD and no turnovers during their first series agains Chiefs, but he had another 21 team members. Bryce Brown and Leodis were just unstoppable in fumbling the ball.

I watched the whole game, Dave. He was terrible the entire game. Maybe one good drive. Those stats don't count sacks that ruined drives, or missing guys on third down or that would have been TDs. He was godawful the whole time. If anything those stats are way misleading if you watched it. His final stats shouldnt even count because they are grossly unrepresentative of the game he played. The announcers were hinting it was time to look for another quarterback for the team it was so bad.

I watched the whole game, Dave. He was terrible the entire game. Maybe one good drive. Those stats don't count sacks that ruined drives, or missing guys on third down or that would have been TDs. He was godawful the whole time. If anything those stats are way misleading if you watched it. His final stats shouldnt even count because they are grossly unrepresentative of the game he played. The announcers were hinting it was time to look for another quarterback for the team it was so bad.

How can this be true? Chip Kelly is a genius who makes all QBs look good.

You wouldn't write this if you watched that game. He brought everything he had to that game: a few decent drives, a few good choices, then the bonehead playes and the skittish spastic pocket presence and awful throws.

Love the Sanchez apologists. Let me give it a try for Orton...

For the Orton critics-- he was 4 - 5 for 48 yards , 1 TD and no turnovers during their first series agains Chiefs, but he had another 21 team members. Bryce Brown and Leodis were just unstoppable in fumbling the ball.

I recommend addressing the point I made - that analyzing stats without taking into account the situation makes for a bad analysis. I'm hardly apologizing for Sanchez, who I could truly care less about. I'm frankly just fed up with crappy analysis of QB play. There's not much a QB can do when the opponent he's facing is scoring a TD on just about every possession.

You wouldn't write this if you watched that game. He brought everything he had to that game: a few decent drives, a few good choices, then the bonehead playes and the skittish spastic pocket presence and awful throws.

I did watch the first half of the game, in fact. What I saw was an offense in full desperation mode from the get go because they were facing an offense that could probably have scored 70 if it really wanted to.

As for the sacks he took, recognize that Pack was in full jailbreak mode because they knew that Philly had to abandon the run and that Philly's run game was going to have zero chance of beating them. (And I won't even mention the uncalled helmet-to-helmet shots on Sanchez - just terrible refereeing there).

My larger point is this: that game, like the Pack's game the week before against the Bears, was by definition hopeless for the opposing offense. Running games become afterthoughts for both the losing offense and winning defense, and everything is about the passing game.

Again, I am not a Sanchez lover at all. It's just that when you're facing an offense that scores easily on every possession, you're basically up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Edited by dave mcbride

I think we all get that he and the Eagles were in a passing situation for rest of the game. But credit the rest of us who are pretty comfortable saying they understand what they saw in the first and second half from Sanchez.

He was, predictably, right back where the Jets left him over a year ago. He is what he is.

I think we all get that he and the Eagles were in a passing situation for rest of the game. But credit the rest of us who are pretty comfortable saying they understand what they saw in the first and second half from Sanchez.

He was, predictably, right back where the Jets left him over a year ago. He is what he is.

Let's see how it plays out. There are six games left in the season. He looked pretty solid in his first two games, and I think that some fans here underestimate how dire the situation was yesterday. The story hasn't concluded yet. The Thanksgiving game against Dallas will be telling.

As for watching the second half, there was a much better game on - the Raiders/Chargers! Khalil Mack had a fantastic sack.

Edited by dave mcbride

Let's see how it plays out. There are six games left in the season. He looked pretty solid in his first two games, and I think that some fans here underestimate how dire the situation was yesterday. The story hasn't concluded yet. The Thanksgiving game against Dallas will be telling.

As for watching the second half, there was a much better game on - the Raiders/Chargers! Khalil Mack had a fantastic sack.

Wait what? 6 TO's in 3 games is solid? What?

Edited by FireChan

Wait what? 6 TO's in 3 games is solid? What?

He played well in his first two games, for chrissake - he had a 97.7 rating and averaged 9.1 yards per attempt. Even through the first half of yesterday's game, his rating was 96.6. He turned the ball over four times in the second half yesterday, but the situation was without question hopeless.

Anyway, the jury is out. Let's wait until the end of the season before passing judgment.

He played well in his first two games, for chrissake - he had a 97.7 rating and averaged 9.1 yards per attempt. Even through the first half of yesterday's game, his rating was 96.6. He turned the ball over four times in the second half yesterday, but the situation was without question hopeless.

Anyway, the jury is out. Let's wait until the end of the season before passing judgment.

I have said this 100 times and it really showed yesterday. Sanchez is a good passer for the most part, and looks the part. But the reason that he sucks ass is that he is ridiculously careless with the ball. The absolute worst in the league. Stats mean very little when talking about him, and are in fact, blatantly wrong about his abilities.

He had a high snap that everyone catches go through his hands, botches the recovery and it goes for a TD the other way. He botches a handoff with McCoy and McCoy won't even talk to him on the sidelines. He throws a terrible pick six to Peppers. Throws another incredibly bad INT on the right sideline. EJ has never thrown a pass that bad. He had three fumbles and two INTs and missed at least three TDs to open receivers in this game alone. He will put up numbers and he will kill the Eagles when they need him.

I have said this 100 times and it really showed yesterday. Sanchez is a good passer for the most part, and looks the part. But the reason that he sucks ass is that he is ridiculously careless with the ball. The absolute worst in the league. Stats mean very little when talking about him, and are in fact, blatantly wrong about his abilities.

He had a high snap that everyone catches go through his hands, botches the recovery and it goes for a TD the other way. He botches a handoff with McCoy and McCoy won't even talk to him on the sidelines. He throws a terrible pick six to Peppers. Throws another incredibly bad INT on the right sideline. EJ has never thrown a pass that bad. He had three fumbles and two INTs and missed at least three TDs to open receivers in this game alone. He will put up numbers and he will kill the Eagles when they need him.

You're focusing on one half when the game was out of hand. Let's see how it plays out. You may prove to be right, but if you're honest with yourself you'll admit that it's too soon to tell. He's had two good games and one bad game in which the situation was pretty hopeless early on. If he reverts to Jets form, I'll man up and admit that I was wrong. I'm not willing to say that now because the results aren't in.

You're focusing on one half when the game was out of hand. Let's see how it plays out. You may prove to be right, but if you're honest with yourself you'll admit that it's too soon to tell. He's had two good games and one bad game in which the situation was pretty hopeless early on. If he reverts to Jets form, I'll man up and admit that I was wrong. I'm not willing to say that now because the results aren't in.

I understand, and Kelly will make him look great sometimes. But he looked great in games on the Jets, too, including some against us.

He was terrible in the first half, too, but we'll agree to disagree. The first series he got sacked for a big loss on second down which made them punt. The second series he got sacked for a big loss on second down which made them punt the Packers returned for a score. The third series he drove them down the field then got sacked for 10 yards on third and 2 and they kicked a FG. The fourth he missed a third down pass and they punted. The fifth he had a good drive but fumbled, then missed three straight passes and an open TD from the 15 and they kicked a FG. Six points. Then he disintegrated.

The real issue is recklessness with the ball. I don't think that can be fixed. He loses it when hit far too easily. he doesn't hold it well or have strong hands. He botches simple handoffs. The butt fumble, while hilarious, was really another case of him just dropping the ball easily. He's unbelievably bad with the ball, but will probably throw for 500 yards one game and people will want the Bills to get him. I would rather have Fitz and EJ than Dirty Sanchez.

Sanchez had a great game when the Panthers gifted him with back-to-back turnovers in their first two plays. He can barely manage a game.

Sanchise comes into the Houston game, gets a 7 point lead, tosses a pick that allows them to score. Then, they get a field goal, and the two Philly RB's rush for 80 yards in one drive, TD. Up ten, game in hand? A Sanchise pick again! Houston capitalizes and makes it 21-24. He can't even put away the worst secondary in the league with Fitzy at the helm.

Sanchez didn't complete a pass on third down until 58 seconds left in the second quarter. How is "playing well in the first half?" You can say the defense didn't stop Rodgers, but no defenses stop Rodgers. The only chance the Iggles had to play with Rodgers was by sustaining drives. Nacho couldn't do that once.

Edited by FireChan

Sanchez had a great game when the Panthers gifted him with back-to-back turnovers in their first two plays. He can barely manage a game.

Sanchise comes into the Houston game, gets a 7 point lead, tosses a pick that allows them to score. Then, they get a field goal, and the two Philly RB's rush for 80 yards in one drive, TD. Up ten, game in hand? A Sanchise pick again! Houston capitalizes and makes it 21-24. He can't even put away the worst secondary in the league with Fitzy at the helm.

Sanchez didn't complete a pass on third down until 58 seconds left in the second quarter. How is "playing well in the first half?" You can say the defense didn't stop Rodgers, but no defenses stop Rodgers. The only chance the Iggles had to play with Rodgers was by sustaining drives. Nacho couldn't do that once.

The stats -- and the point totals in his first two games -- say otherwise. Like I said, though, let's see how it plays out. If he plays badly, I'll be the first to admit it. Neither you nor I know how he's going to fare in the stretch run. There are six games left to find out.

Also, if you're really going to blame Sanchez for the first INT in that Texans game, I'm presuming you didn't actually watch it: http://www.nfl.com/v...cepted-by-Rolle . That was a perfectly fine throw that should have been caught, obviously.

Edited by dave mcbride