My goat of the game

chef4131

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not running at all? I have to respectfully disagree. Those were bad calls. And the empty backfield is inexcusable against a great D. Throwing when the field is short into the endzone 4 times is puzzling. Why not throw a crossing pattern and pick up yardage.

And the first redzone trip, you could have run the ball 3 times and picked up a 1st and goal on the 1. Instead, pass, pass, pass. It's a short field and your playing a great D, you need to mix up the playcalling and disguise your plays, not "hey, we are passing the ball."

Orton had players open on at least 4 plays in 2 drives Insode the red zone. He missed his receivers for TDs. Chandler twice. Woods. Sammy twice. Hogan twice.

Still hasn't thrown any pick-sixes in the red zone. That's an improvement.

how many TD's does Kyle have in the Red Zone in the last 2 games? Is it 2 in 7 or 8 trips?

How many of those trips had ZERO points?

JJ Watt is an animal. Orton would have been carted off on a stretcher had he faced him

I'll go with a coaching error by marrone. 4th and 1 and he punted and not kicking a fg on 4th and 10.

3 points would not have won the game. Had they converted and scored you'd be happier than a pig in **** Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

After reading the posts I can't argue with any. There are many 'goat's we've identified but while the names may change the actors in the show continue to play the same parts. For the most part, the Bills continue to lose games like this, against 'good' teams, because they alway commit some major blunders while not taking advantage of the opportunities they have during the course of the game. 3 points in 4 red zone trips I believe? Convert those 4 trips into 28 points and McKelvin's fumble is a minor inconvenience. And Lawsons missed plays are no big deal too. And if Chandler recovers Brown's fumble? These things happen to other teams but for some reason not the Bills. But the offense sputters to the finish and then the defense which plays so well and reliable all game finally caves in the crucial 4th quarter and gives up the big score to seal the loss. We've seen it so many times its become expected. And that's the frustrating part. You root and root and hope again and again only to end up with disappointment you know is coming at the end.

After reading the posts I can't argue with any. There are many 'goat's we've identified but while the names may change the actors in the show continue to play the same parts. For the most part, the Bills continue to lose games like this, against 'good' teams, because they alway commit some major blunders while not taking advantage of the opportunities they have during the course of the game. 3 points in 4 red zone trips I believe? Convert those 4 trips into 28 points and McKelvin's fumble is a minor inconvenience. And Lawsons missed plays are no big deal too. And if Chandler recovers Brown's fumble? These things happen to other teams but for some reason not the Bills. But the offense sputters to the finish and then the defense which plays so well and reliable all game finally caves in the crucial 4th quarter and gives up the big score to seal the loss. We've seen it so many times its become expected. And that's the frustrating part. You root and root and hope again and again only to end up with disappointment you know is coming at the end.

perhaps the Pegulas might add this above the gates at the Ralph - "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

how many TD's does Kyle have in the Red Zone in the last 2 games? Is it 2 in 7 or 8 trips?

How many of those trips had ZERO points?

JJ Watt is an animal. Orton would have been carted off on a stretcher had he faced him

3 points would not have won the game. Had they converted and scored you'd be happier than a pig in ****

3 points with 5 minutes left on the clock and they could have attempted getting into fg range to win instead of a 5 yard pass and then try to lateral for a win.

Yes I would have been happy if they scored but they were going for the end zone when they could have picked up a first with runs and short passes.

3 points with 5 minutes left on the clock and they could have attempted getting into fg range to win instead of a 5 yard pass and then try to lateral for a win.

Yes I would have been happy if they scored but they were going for the end zone when they could have picked up a first with runs and short passes.

say they kicked the FG.

What then? Hope for a onside kick and get lucky or not and risk KC scoring more?

They turned it over, didn't keep KC to 3 and out, yet stopped KC from scoring but left what 30 seconds on the clock with 60 to 70 yards to march?

It wasn't going to happen. Why else did Marone go for it?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Troll

The game was in his hands and he FAILED to deliver on the mark!

http://auburnpub.com...cc6cc54ee5.html

The Bills were 0-4 in the red zone, including the missed opportunity at the game when Buffalo started at the Chiefs' 25-yard-line. The Bills advanced to the 15-yard-line, but Orton threw four passes into the end zone that were off the mark.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Certainly we can blame Bryce/Leodis/Marrone for the loss, but my vote goes to Manny Lawson. He lost containment on 2 plays both leading to TDs. If he plays his position correctly on the Charles TD run, he may have stopped him for a loss and the Bills get the ball back-worst case here they get the first but not a long TD run. Also same mistake on the Alex Smith TD Run. Hopefully coaches show him and he learns

Impossible to know if that was his responsibility...he might have been crashing down with one of the other LBs spilling out to the flat...unless they specifically said it was on him we can't be certain he didn't do what he was supposed to on that play

Orton had players open on at least 4 plays in 2 drives Insode the red zone. He missed his receivers for TDs. Chandler twice. Woods. Sammy twice. Hogan twice.

Ya, Orton was off after the first quarter...was frustrating to see how many easy throws he has been routinely making that he missed on..

Orton for not getting anything done in the red zone on so many attempts. Our red zone offense was terrible. Orton under threw Sammy twice, missed Hogan over the middle. Woods over the middle. Hogan over top in the back left corner. Chandler. The list could go on and on. And That's not saying anything about his passes that went nowhere in the dirt, not even close to his receivers.

I agree with mrags, better QB play wins us that game!

yup. Those 6 ft throws into the ground were truly head scratchers. He seemed like he was scared to get hit at times. And if your going to throw it away like that, throw it as far as you can downfield and hope that one of your playmakers can make a play on the ball.

Obviously they have been talking to him about throwing the ball away instead of taking sacks. He did just that. Orton had an off day for sure, but we still win the game without those two fumbles. Period, McKelvin's was even more egregious than Brown's because it wasn't the defense making a play, it was just him being stupid. No way he should have fumbled that ball. He could have even fair caught it and we still win the game. Pathetic and he has been making boneheaded plays like this for years.

I agree with mrags, better QB play wins us that game!

Certainly better QB play wins the game, no question. However, the game was still VERY winnable with just average QB play on the 2nd to last series with a drive start at the KC 25. Average was about all KO was giving yesterday, yet NH called plays that required more than that and put entire game on KOs shoulders. That is the issue. Four shots to the EZ was baffling and totally unnecessary to get the win.

Obviously they have been talking to him about throwing the ball away instead of taking sacks. He did just that. Orton had an off day for sure, but we still win the game without those two fumbles. Period, McKelvin's was even more egregious than Brown's because it wasn't the defense making a play, it was just him being stupid. No way he should have fumbled that ball. He could have even fair caught it and we still win the game. Pathetic and he has been making boneheaded plays like this for years.

McKelvins was actually less egregious because it didn't directly impact points. The "play" made by the KC DB is just what every guy is coached to do if you don't have a good angle to wrap up. It was just as sloppy an effort by Brown as by Leodis, probably more. RBs continuously go through drills where guys swat at the ball and know to carry high and tight with both arms when around the oal line or in traffic.

hackett made the right calls. We had plenty of chances and Orton didn't execute. The last few drives alone he had at least 5 serious opportunities to score and missed his receivers.

Horsesh*t! 2nd and two from the three and we line up in a spread with an empty back field?! BOOOOBie all day gets us a win. 1st and ten from the 15 and we throw four passes? Don't throw the easy throws to get a 1st down and maybe break it into the EZ? Or run the frigign ball? With a journeyman QB?! WTF?! Who do you think KO's supposed to be? Rogers, Luck, Manning, ??? Get a friggin grip. This team did not loose because Orton was Orton. We lost because of bonehead mistakes and very poor play selection at critical times. Hackett is overthinking and not calling plays that match his team's talent. Hackett failed big time with his playcalling in the red zone.

say they kicked the FG.

What then? Hope for a onside kick and get lucky or not and risk KC scoring more?

They turned it over, didn't keep KC to 3 and out, yet stopped KC from scoring but left what 30 seconds on the clock with 60 to 70 yards to march?

It wasn't going to happen. Why else did Marone go for it?

It was more of a compounded thing. They should have gone for it on 4th and a football to keep the ball and possibly get points. If they didn't get points then I agree with the 4th and 10 but at the same time, they were only throwing for the endzone on 4th and 10 from the 15. They had plenty of time to run shorter plays but were targeting the endzone (which is more on hackett than Marrone).

Had they converted the 4th and short and gotten a FG/TD with 6-7 minutes left in the game. They would have been running the ball on every down when they had the ball on the Chiefs 26 with 4 minutes left.

I am not about to give up on this team ever. I was wondering if anyone had called out Manny Lawson. He lost contain on two big TD plays. The 4th and 1 where Jamaal Charles got a TD and then later when Alex Smith ran for the TD. Both times he overpursued inside and gave up the edge. I think if anyone needs a negative mark in this game he has to be near the top of the list.