My goat of the game

chef4131

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly we can blame Bryce/Leodis/Marrone for the loss, but my vote goes to Manny Lawson. He lost containment on 2 plays both leading to TDs. If he plays his position correctly on the Charles TD run, he may have stopped him for a loss and the Bills get the ball back-worst case here they get the first but not a long TD run. Also same mistake on the Alex Smith TD Run. Hopefully coaches show him and he learns

No doubt, my boy Manny had a bad game or two bad plays to be more accurate.

Preston wants you on the headset calling the defense on Thursday. B-)

I can neither call the defense nor execute it.

I can only critique it .

If Schwartz was taking a risk on the playing coming up between the tackles than its on him.

Even i make mistakes.

Okay, maybe you can't but obviously several on TSW can. :lol:

Well Marrone and Whaley should scour the board for un realized talent here abouts !

I dont really have any animosity towards the team . They dont quit . Bills of Old might lose the commitment to the team.

I dont feel that this year.

Even though we lost that was probably the best effort by the O line i have seen so far. Kyle struggled with his receivers and i think Bills should have run more. I would like to see Boobie take some more snaps at specific down and distances. The team is still learning to win and they aren't there yet.

Go Bills

Two thoughts on these..

1. Pepper may have had to use Lawson in some packages that the injured Wynn would normally be in.. can't know for certain if that was the case, but it might account for Manny's inside track to protect against a bounce outside. Shoot, the whole team bought it.. a great call.

2. McKelvin had just helped his intense D unit shut down the Chiefs again, and was still in 'kick ass' mode - someone should have wound him down before the play - reminding him that his #1 job was ball security - not making a play

yup. Those 6 ft throws into the ground were truly head scratchers. He seemed like he was scared to get hit at times. And if your going to throw it away like that, throw it as far as you can downfield and hope that one of your playmakers can make a play on the ball.

There were inaccurate throws that had a chance to be good plays, and that's a problem. You mention several of them.

You do realize that throwing the ball away by hurling it as far as you can downfield, is a high-percentage recipe for an interception?

Good QB do throw the ball into the ground on a busted play. See Manning, Peyton and Brady, Thomas*. It is actually the preferred thing to do vice taking a strip sack or even a sack, and one of my beefs with Orton in his 1st couple starts was that he didn't do this.

Edited by Hopeful

Sorry, can't agree. Making the right calls would've been shooting for a first down when you get the ball at the 15 and then working for your end zone plays. The Chiefs were going to do their best to not give up the TD there, so why not a draw play, a screen? Something to get them moving. Instead, it appeared the Chiefs knew the Bills were going straight for the end zone and weren't playing for anything else. Hackett failed with his playcalling in the red zone. Orton didn't help with his throws, but Hackett deserves the blame for the red zone.

Disagree. With our offense, 1st & goal from the 5 is probably more difficult than from the 15. Notice that our only TD of the day came from just outside the RZ when the Chiefs D still had a lot of space to cover. Of course it didn't work so everyone will blame the call, but it was really Orton's fault. And that one KC DB made some nice individual plays.

You'll have to excuse me if I take his word over your collective interpretations.

Thats fine - (it was my interpretation as well)

It would be a flawed play design however if Brown was really expected to contain the edge from his snap position which was too deep and inside to hope to get out on Charles.

Two thoughts on these..

1. Pepper may have had to use Lawson in some packages that the injured Wynn would normally be in.. can't know for certain if that was the case, but it might account for Manny's inside track to protect against a bounce outside. Shoot, the whole team bought it.. a great call.

2. McKelvin had just helped his intense D unit shut down the Chiefs again, and was still in 'kick ass' mode - someone should have wound him down before the play - reminding him that his #1 job was ball security - not making a play

I really like point # 2 there... Makes a lot of sense

Two thoughts on these..

McKelvin knew better. McKelivin did the same thing in 2009 against the Patriots. We were winning with about 2 minutes left. New England kicks it off after their score. It was about 3 yards deep. What does McKelvin do, he brings it out. The Patriots strip him of the ball. The Patriots score and win the game. At least no one vandalized his yard this time,