Orton Not the Answer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly happy with Orton. Brown and McKelvin's fumbles were rough. The redzone playcalling left a lot to be desired.

Orton didn't have a good day. Game was still winnable. Marrone needs to find a play caller--he certainly is a fraud, as is his OC.

All chandler had to do is fall on that fumble. Just fall down---you're in the end zone! No need to pick it up...

D had a great game....until it mattered most. Our CBs, again, blow.

He did miss some throws but there must have been at least 6 passes dropped.Please cut the second string TE, dropped pass and false start this guy gives us nothing

The drops, especially in the first half, were prevalent. Robert Woods comes to mind, Lee Smith also. Granted I expect Lee Smith to have a 50/50 shot at catching the ball. Good blocker, but he is a waste of space in every other facet of the offense. Undisciplined as well.

Fred and Sammy were both far from 100% as well. It can't be overlooked. Fred was really only playing for pass pro on 3rd down.

On the plus side, I was surprised at how well the offensive line played today. Especially the tackles on containing Huston and Hali.

Edited by SmokinES3

It's a team game but Orton missed 3 TDs with bad throws. He over threw Chandler & Woods and way under threw Sammy. He hits any of those, the fumbles don't matter and we win the game.

I do question the redzone plays. We kept driving down the field and once we got into the redzone, we got away from the plays that got us there. Makes no sense to me.

That being said, it's not time to go back to EJ.

This was a typical Bills game. We snatched a loss from the jaws of victory. We're just not good enough to overcome so many poor plays.

Not sure its ever time to put EJ back in.....

It is, when the season is over. A couple more losses, depending on how the other wildcard teams fare, could do it. No reason to play Orton after that point because the season is over.

Orton is awful, plain and simple. He's inconsistent and always has been throughout his NFL career. EJ would have done no worse than Orton did. If Bills do make the playoffs, they will not go very deep. I don't see them making the playoffs with Orton at the helm. That, and the fact that we have the underachieving Hackett as OC, along with a substandard group of coaches, Bills are bound for year 15 on the couch watching the post season.