Mike Pettine

johnwalter

Cleveland is the best team in the best division in football (no teams under .500). Pettine and Shanahan and Jim O'Neil have done a great job. Hoyer is much better than I thought he was. Cinci was terrible but Cleveland's defense contributed to making them look bad. They are a sneaky good team the Browns.

I'd take the Steelers over them every time.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see. I'm kind of like Hill after the game, Cleveland has yet to impress me with any of their wins this year. I don't see them making the playoffs or maintaining this momentum. I think there's a good chance they lose 5 of their last 7.

They just dominated the first place Bengals in Cincinnati, how is that not impressive. Do you have reasoning behind your hunch they won't make the playoffs or is it just wishful thinking?

Mike Pettine on Browns making playoffs: 'Why not us?'

They just dominated the first place Bengals in Cincinnati, how is that not impressive. Do you have reasoning behind your hunch they won't make the playoffs or is it just wishful thinking?

Andy Dalton flat out sucked and made it much easier for the Browns. The Bengals didn't show up as per usual in prime time.

The Steelers are coming on strong as of late. Earlier in the season means less now IMO.

While I don't disagree that Steelers are improving the Browns HOUSED the Steelers last time. I think the Steelers are really riding the Big Ben wave now but they will be susceptible to a good all-around team that can play some pass defense. The difference between a 6 TD Big Ben game and a 1-2 TD Big Ben game was the Ravens not having Smith at CB. Early on they were shutting BR down. Steelers D does not similarly impress, although James Harrison's winter retirement in the Dominican Republic seems to have re-energized his game. :thumbsup:

I like Pettine a lot but check out the Browns schedule +1 for beating the Steelers

Bengals defense was missing half their guys, does not explain Dalton's pathetic performance

Pittsburgh is winning the division and Browns will fade, but they have a lot of good pieces

The Browns lost to the Jags and could have easily lost to the Bucs. Not buying them as the AFC North's best team.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

We'll see. I'm kind of like Hill after the game, Cleveland has yet to impress me with any of their wins this year. I don't see them making the playoffs or maintaining this momentum. I think there's a good chance they lose 5 of their last 7.

This is the same thing people said when the Brady led team kept winning games to make it to the SUperbowl in that first year. The disparity between winning and losing is pretty small and razor sharp. The team that has a better will makes it all the way. Pettine's team has demonstrated the ability to win those close games. May be Kyle Orton provides that same inspiration to our Beloved team that we were able to win the tough ones against Minnesota when the chips were down.

This is the same thing people said when the Brady led team kept winning games to make it to the SUperbowl in that first year. The disparity between winning and losing is pretty small and razor sharp. The team that has a better will makes it all the way. Pettine's team has demonstrated the ability to win those close games. May be Kyle Orton provides that same inspiration to our Beloved team that we were able to win the tough ones against Minnesota when the chips were down.

You're right of course, I could easily be under estimating them. It's happened before, and will happen again. I just haven't been wowed by them or the quality of their wins yet. It's completely subjective, and I'm not trying to trash MP as I like the guy. I also like Hoyer and liked him last year too. I'm just not convinced they're going to be able to hang on to the top spot for long.

Hoyer in a contract year…they are going to sign him before the year is over. He's solid. 2 picks in the first round next year….already set in a lot of key positions…

If I were them and committed to Hoyer, I am pounding the phone in Dallas to get Jerruh to surrender their 1st rd pick for JFF.

Not if Johnny Football is there. He has stated he will not resign if Manziel is there. Good for him, he has seen that show before and he knows the outcome.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Jim Schwartz has eased the pain of losing Pettine by coming in and doing a gangbusters job, so it's easy to forget what's happening down in Cleveland, but Mike Pettine deserves some serious Kudos.

Without Josh Gordon, without Alex Mack, without Jordan Cameron, and while juggling a Johnny Football media fire that he has miraculously extinguished, Mike Pettine has the Browns at 6-3 and at the top of a competitive division.

Give the man some props!

:worthy: :worthy:

hope he is not the one we should have kept.

Just as your post cites the contribution of an assistsnt coach here, lets not forget the job the OC shahanan is doing there.

You do have to wonder why some head coaches choose the coordinators they do... Especially on the side if the ball they are not considered an expert in. Pettine was wise with this choice. The jury is out with Marrone and Hackett.

I think Cincy miss Zimmer more. Glad to see he has started to get the Vikings moving. Have no idea how it took so long for that guy to get his shot... just proves defense has gone out of fashion now in the NFL.

I've read a few articles through the years that owners thought he was the type that could handle running everything and being the face of a franchise - a guy that was a good gear in the machine instead. I don't think it had that much with him being on defense (though it's admittedly a little tougher on that side)