Mike Pettine

johnwalter

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have to wonder why some head coaches choose the coordinators they do... Especially on the side if the ball they are not considered an expert in. Pettine was wise with this choice. The jury is out with Marrone and Hackett.

I could be wrong but wasnt the story something like shanahan was 3rd or 4th choice and the other guys turned them down? Much like how pettine became HC. Shanahan was out od the streets alone without daddy's shield and coming off a miserable season in Washington. Its not like he was a hot commodity

I could be wrong but wasnt the story something like shanahan was 3rd or 4th choice and the other guys turned them down? Much like how pettine became HC. Shanahan was out od the streets alone without daddy's shield and coming off a miserable season in Washington. Its not like he was a hot commodity

I don't recall if others were higher, but filling a coordinator role in February is pretty tough as you can only interview unemployed coaches. You can't look at anyone on a staff for the most part.

Not really. I agree that Pettine deserves some kudos for the job he had done this year, but the Bills defense is better this year than last, and going into this weeks games, the Bills and Browns had the same record, so I am not sure why you could say say Pettine would be better than Marrone at this point.

Cleveland played a good game last night, but Andy Dalton truly sucks, and they clearly miss Jay Gruden.

Pettine has put together a better staff, and has a better record (at least until we beat the Chiefs ;)) than us with a less talented football team, imo. I do like Schwartz's defense though.

Edit: Oi, hell of a mistype.

Edited by Dorkington

They are a decent team. Pettine has done a great job disguising their weaknesses and somehow acquiring tremendous luck. They kicked the Bengals ass without their top three weapons in the receiving game.

Pettine is a fantastic coach. He put players such as Robey and Searcy in position to make big plays. Not only that, McKelvin was barely average until Pettine came to town. I also love his attack style.

The man has a bright future in this league.

I'm happy for the Browns fans, Pettine, and the team as i get so sick of seeing the usual suspects every year in the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, etc. I love seeing up and coming teams get into the dance so I'd be very happy to see the browns make the playoffs.

With that said, I want to see us destroy all three teams in the next upcoming home games. One of these days the analysts will have to actually admit we have a good team. Until then, I love the whole no respect deal if it fuels our defense.

This will be an excellent win if we stick it to KC. Hopefully Fred can go, and we ram it down their throats tomorrow.

Top to bottom I'm not sure who is better. What's your choice?

It's tough for me to make this case because St. Louis isn't better than anyone in the AFC North -- but I still think the NFC West from top to bottom is the most loaded division. In terms of talent, even with the 9ers struggling a bit, the Cards and Hawks will both be playoff teams and potential Super Bowl representatives for the NFC. The Niners could squeeze in with a late season push -- and St. Louis is not an easy win for anyone these days.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are playoff caliber teams, maybe Pitt can contend for the AFC crown but I think that's a stretch. Cleveland is up and coming but are a one and done type team in the playoffs if they get there. Cincy is terrible.

So I guess I take the NFC West in that discussion. But after looking at it, it's closer than I originally thought.