What show to start?

The Underdog

• 2 weeks later...

If you like WWI and WWII documentaries (the real kind of documentaries, not the kind about alien control over the Austro Hungarian Hapsburg Empire, sorry Gregggggy), I ran across a few recently from the BBC and a British historian named David Reynolds

Armistice: About the lead up to the armistice of 11 November 1918

Long Shadow: 3 part series about the shadow cast by WWI across the 20th and 21st centuries

1941 and the Man of Steel: 2 parter about Stalin in WWII

And another 2 part series I'm about to start: World War Two: Hitlers Soft Underbelly about North Africa and Italy

If you like WWI and WWII documentaries (the real kind of documentaries, not the kind about alien control over the Austro Hungarian Hapsburg Empire, sorry Gregggggy), I ran across a few recently from the BBC and a British historian named David Reynolds

Armistice: About the lead up to the armistice of 11 November 1918

Long Shadow: 3 part series about the shadow cast by WWI across the 20th and 21st centuries

1941 and the Man of Steel: 2 parter about Stalin in WWII

And another 2 part series I'm about to start: World War Two: Hitlers Soft Underbelly about North Africa and Italy

Hey, I got nothing against real history :beer: I just leave room for dessert.

I'm 3 episodes deep (finally) into Mr. Robot. I thought I remembered a thread about the show awhile back but couldn't find it. Anyone else watched?

I am, as binged the whole first season earlier this year yet I need to catch up on S2 as only seen the first 2 episodes and think they are 7 episodes in.

Haven't checked this thread in a while -- anyone watching "The Night Of...?" Wife and I watched the first two episodes...a little slow developing but pretty interesting. I think we'll keep going.

1941 and the Man of Steel:

No aliens huh? Dude, I hate to break it to you but Superman isn't an Earthling.

Haven't checked this thread in a while -- anyone watching "The Night Of...?" Wife and I watched the first two episodes...a little slow developing but pretty interesting. I think we'll keep going.

Mrs. Hammer and I have watched all the episodes. It's pretty good, but kind of all over the place and with one episode left I have no idea how they are going to wrap everything up (maybe they will not). I read online that it is a "limited series." I wonder what that means...

The Killing on Netflix has been really good. Another murder "who done it" type of show. We're 6 or 7 episodes into season 1, and I believe there are 4 seasons. Really interesting stuff.

Is it better than Angie Tribecca? as admit I liked the first few episodes but than it got stale and worn out.

I've never seen Angie Tribeca. I really enjoyed the whole season though. They have a pretty funny cast.

Mrs. Hammer and I have watched all the episodes. It's pretty good, but kind of all over the place and with one episode left I have no idea how they are going to wrap everything up (maybe they will not). I read online that it is a "limited series." I wonder what that means...

I think that means one mini-season and that's it. Like True Detective.

I think that means one mini-season and that's it. Like True Detective.

Sunday is the series finale for it. It has been really good. Hammersticks is right that there is a lot that needs to be tied up, but I think that many things won't be, much like True Detective. Turturro is perfect for his role. I couldn't imagine it being played by Gandolfini.

Stranger Things is a really, really cool show. If Spielberg and Steven King did a project together, this is what it would look like. Love the 80's vibe, and it's pretty intense at times.

I'm through episode 6. Probably watch the final 2 tomorrow.

I enjoy this show.

Yup was gonna recommend this. 8 episodes and though we rarely do this, my wife and I binged through them in 3 days. I thought they did an excellent job with the 80s feel all around.

I have the finale of 3rd season of Peaky Blinders left. First two seasons were definitely better IMO, but I'm interested to see how the 3rd season ends.

Also, I'm really getting into Daredevil. It took a few episodes but I love the direction it's going.

I have the finale of 3rd season of Peaky Blinders left. First two seasons were definitely better IMO, but I'm interested to see how the 3rd season ends.

I read something awhile back that they were planning on another 2 seasons with the final scene involving an air raid during the Blitz.

I read something awhile back that they were planning on another 2 seasons with the final scene involving an air raid during the Blitz.

Awesome. With the way they ended the 3rd season, the series can go many different directions.

Just started season 1 of American Horror Story. doesn't appear to be much love in this thread for it. It is simply amazing.

weird, scary, thought provoking, sexy at times, intense, etc. highly recommended.

Just started season 1 of American Horror Story. doesn't appear to be much love in this thread for it. It is simply amazing.

weird, scary, thought provoking, sexy at times, intense, etc. highly recommended.

I have loved that series from day one. Some seasons more than others, but each season has moments that make your jaw drop with how excellent they are. I was sold on that series right away when the kid was in the basement with the tennis ball and then it stopped bouncing. Great moment.

Sunday is the series finale for it. It has been really good. Hammersticks is right that there is a lot that needs to be tied up, but I think that many things won't be, much like True Detective. Turturro is perfect for his role. I couldn't imagine it being played by Gandolfini.

Watched the finale last night. I thought this was a really good miniseries overall. As you suggested, while there was a satisfying "ending" all was most certainly not wrapped up.

New show from HBO called Westworld, based on the Michael Crichton film, looks good. Looks like a really nice cast too.

Definitely looking forward to this one. The movie with Yul Brynner was creepy as hell.

I believe I posted about this earlier in the thread and go no response. Is anyone watching the crime drama "The Killing" on Netflix? I am half way through season 2 (of 4) and I am hooked. Very entertaining murder mystery series with loads of interesting twists and turns.

I watched season 1 and 2. I think I gave up on season 3.

Season 1 was great though.

I believe I posted about this earlier in the thread and go no response. Is anyone watching the crime drama "The Killing" on Netflix? I am half way through season 2 (of 4) and I am hooked. Very entertaining murder mystery series with loads of interesting twists and turns.

I gave up half way thru the first season. Not sure why. Once I realized they still we're investigating into Season 2, I kinda quit on it.

Daredevil on Netflix is very good. I'm 3 episodes into Season 2.

I'm not sure if it's how his character is supposed to be or if I just hate him as an actor but I think Vincent D'onofrio is terrible.

I watched season 1 and 2. I think I gave up on season 3.

Season 1 was great though.

Yeah, we're almost done with season 2 and I'm getting a little frustrated. So many "investigative dead ends," that it is becoming kind of ridiculous. I'm going to tough this season out, but depending on how it ends I probably won't watch season 3.