SB Nation: It took Kyle Orton 10 years,but he finally found his way

YoloinOhio

@hsimon62

Bill Polian on Kyle Orton: Bills should make sure he is the QB for the foreseeable future. said he tried to trade for Orton when in Indy

10-30: BILL POLIAN ON WGR (11:48)

Polian was on to talk about his book on how to build a championship football team. Beyond that, he touched on a number of subjects including Orton beginning at about 8:30 into the segment.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hsimon62

Bill Polian on Kyle Orton: Bills should make sure he is the QB for the foreseeable future. said he tried to trade for Orton when in Indy

10-30: BILL POLIAN ON WGR (11:48)

Polian was on to talk about his book on how to build a championship football team. Beyond that, he touched on a number of subjects including Orton beginning at about 8:30 into the segment.

great interview. I am a huge fan of Polian. If Orton is good enough for him, that's good enough for me.

If we make the playoffs, do you guys think Orton might ask for more money in the offseason?

CBF

Of course but I think he will be expecting to be the man for the foreseeable future as opposed to simply breaking the bank.Depending on our cap situation IF that were to happen I would pay him crapload of dough upfront and take the hit immediately and to try to keep the cap hit around what his salary is right now going forward

If we make the playoffs, do you guys think Orton might ask for more money in the offseason?

CBF

He may ask for it but whethere the Bills should give it or not depends on how he plays in the playoffs. Also, I would still not give him a lot of money ($5.5 million/yr is plenty good) until he continues the success next season.

He may ask for it but whethere the Bills should give it or not depends on how he plays in the playoffs. Also, I would still not give him a lot of money ($5.5 million/yr is plenty good) until he continues the success next season.

There's a good chance that if you don't give him a better contract then he walks BEFORE next season.

EJ should've been sitting behind a vet for at least his first 2-3 seasons in the league. Coming out of college he was considered somewhat of a project at the NFL level. Talented no doubt, but would need time to learn the nuances of the game. Huge failure on the Bills behalf not to slot him in behind a veteran QB last season, even after the injury to Kolb.

Lets let him play the season out before discussing this.......

If he keeps playing like this? He absolutely should be signed to a new contract.

RE: Fitz

I'd like to see 2 full years seasons of good play before committing and a playoff win or more

fixed it for you WEO. thanks for pointing out my oversight

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

My fear is the Bills try to bring on EJ to fast again. I see no reason Orton can't play 3-5 seasons more for the Bills......EJ may be a free agent before we let Orton retire again. Of course, all this is predicated on Orton and the bills becoming winners, finally.