Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what has to happen now for us to be eliminated tomorrow before we even play?

I believe That if KC wins we are pretty much done. Because if they do 2 AFC North teams would have to go 0-2 for us to get in because either they or the Chargers would beat us on tie breakers. Correct me if I am wrong.

I believe That if KC wins we are pretty much done. Because if they do 2 AFC North teams would have to go 0-2 for us to get in because either they or the Chargers would beat us on tie breakers. Correct me if I am wrong.

False. If that happens Baltimore needs to lose to Houston. Not likely since they might as well play with Timmy Tebow. Bills still very much alive. Our best shot is KC losing to Pitt, then beating SD. Which both are possible. Bills win out, and we aren't asking for anything super crazy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Cincy losing out

Edited by Mango

I believe this to be the Bills best way into the playoffs:

Bills win next 2 games

PIT beats KC and Cincy

Cincy loses to DEN and PIT

KC beats SD next week

Baltimore and KC victories. Wouldn't mathematically eliminate us, but we would need a KC/San Diego tie in Week 17 (among other things).

Thanks. One of those two has to lose. Can't see KC going into Heinz and winning.............I like that scenario better than the week 17 tie!

Baltimore and KC victories. Wouldn't mathematically eliminate us, but we would need a KC/San Diego tie in Week 17 (among other things).

It's possible that instead of a tie there, Pittsburgh and Baltimore lose out. Less, likely, but another path.

I went to bed last night early in such a good mood...

EDIT: I guess that's what you do when you're a playoff caliber team...you find ways to win in the pinch. You don't lose 10 point leads at home and essentially and literally give games away, especially ones against playoff contenders.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

At 530, the dog has already peed in the hotel room, the wife is pissed at me for snoring, and I just saw that SD beat SF in OT. Oh...did I mention that we're heading to the in laws--and he's a huge Pats* fan? Other than six more hours of driving, I figure this day can't get any worse. Bills, Steelers, and whoever the F else needs to win, win.

Postscript: The Jim Beam is buried under 50 metric tons of gifts in the car. Contemplating...

At 530, the dog has already peed in the hotel room, the wife is pissed at me for snoring, and I just saw that SD beat SF in OT. Oh...did I mention that we're heading to the in laws--and he's a huge Pats* fan? Other than six more hours of driving, I figure this day can't get any worse. Bills, Steelers, and whoever the F else needs to win, win.

Postscript: The Jim Beam is buried under 50 metric tons of gifts in the car. Contemplating...

Face it, River, the football gods came in to your room last night while you were sleeping and had they're way with you bedtime thoughts of joy.

They are A******s.