Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

I agree it's going to take 10-6 to get in, and also think not all 10-6 teams will get in. If all goes as well as we could reasonably expect, we would probably need to beat NE in NE the last week to secure a spot. My fantasy - we beat NE and take the AFC East crown. Sweet revenge for the loss here in Buffalo :devil: Lot's of ball between now and then, I'm planning to enjoy the ride. Loving this D and the switch to Orton!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then...in true Buffalo fashion, we lose to Denver and Green Bay...We lay an egg in Oakland...and then all we need to do is beat the Patriots 3rd string...and we finish 9-7. The script is written...

Except Belicheck does not rest his starters in Week 17, no matter what the playoff picture is.

Just saying, Pats have a brutal stretch coming up: home against Denver; bye; at Indy; home Detroit; at Green Bay; at SD. Fingers crossed they find a way to lose three, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.

We jut need to handle our business and let the chips fall.

Just saying, Pats have a brutal stretch coming up: home against Denver; bye; at Indy; home Detroit; at Green Bay; at SD. Fingers crossed they find a way to lose three, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Hmm. I imagine they'll be favored in all but the Denver game.

Miami has a brutal stretch too. Six of their next seven will be a big challenge for them: vs San Diego, @ Detroit, vs Buffalo, @ Denver, @ Jets, vs Baltimore, @ New England

I don't really get why 4-2-1 beats 5-3. Doesn't it make a tie better than a loss or a win?

A tie counts as half of a victory. 4.5/7 = .643 win % where as 5/8 = .625 win %

Note that Cincy already had their bye and Baltimore has not.

Best bet to win 5 more is beating the Dolphins, Jets, Browns, Raiders, and Packers. That would be 10-6.

I would think 2 weeks to prepare for KC at home they better win that. I would say the Dolphins game looks to be a tougher win to me especially if they lose to SD.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I looked over the schedule in detail. NE and Miami have very hard schedules coming up. I think NE will pull out a 11-5 record though, and Miami will end up 8-8 and just out of it. I have it ending like this:

Den 14-2

NE, Pit, Bal, Ind all 11-5

Buffalo, SD 9-7

In this scenario we just miss, due to the tie breaker with SD. I think the road games to Miami and Denver will be hard to win. KC and GB will also be tough, we likely split those. My guess is we enter the last game of the season against NE with a record of 9-6 needing a win to make the playoffs. NE will be probably be playing for a bye, or home field advantage.

My concern is that although our defense is much improved this year, we struggle against top tier QBs. We have some good ones on the horizon: Manning, Brady, Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers.

That said, we are definitely in the hunt.

I looked over the schedule in detail. NE and Miami have very hard schedules coming up. I think NE will pull out a 11-5 record though, and Miami will end up 8-8 and just out of it. I have it ending like this:

Den 14-2

NE, Pit, Bal, Ind all 11-5

Buffalo, SD 9-7

In this scenario we just miss, due to the tie breaker with SD. I think the road games to Miami and Denver will be hard to win. KC and GB will also be tough, we likely split those. My guess is we enter the last game of the season against NE with a record of 9-6 needing a win to make the playoffs. NE will be probably be playing for a bye, or home field advantage.

My concern is that although our defense is much improved this year, we struggle against top tier QBs. We have some good ones on the horizon: Manning, Brady, Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers.

That said, we are definitely in the hunt.

According to your scenario that last game in NE could be for the division title depending on the tiebreakers.

before we worry about the P word, we need to (worry about) see the O have consistent 5+ play drives. Scoring with each would be great.

just trying to avoid the being let down by being over confident

who wasn't worried when Vick brought the game to 7 point difference?