It's finally all coming together for our Buffalo Bills

Wildcard

I know it is early but right teams are losing every week. Example Chargers, Texans, Bengals, Browns. These are all potential wild card teams that should continue their downward spiral if you look at their schedules.

Division

The Patriots have a void of a roster due to injuries. Maybe we dont match up well against them because let's face it they still own us, but other teams do. I fully expect them to lose 3-4 out of their next 6 with the toughest stretch in the NFL during that time. The Dolphins are their own worst enemy and will never be winners with Tannehill. The Jets are out of it.

Buffalo

I started saying it right after we lost to the Patriots when i looked at our schedule that the Division will be ours this year. We now have a competent QB which is what we were lacking. His chemistry with Sammy and the others will continue to grow. Our only real problem area our O-line should only get better w Ubrik starting again.

I couldn't stand when the media started hopping on the Browns bandwagon 2 weeks ago. I knew they were a farce again due to a simple lack of talent. So expect the media to jump on board a bit after we beat the Jets and alot when we slap K.C around and we are 6-3. The only difference is we actually have the talent that most teams lack. When was the last time we could say that? Let's go Buffalo!

Edited by Estelle Getty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The major concern is the tie-breakers. We already lost the tiebreakers to SD and Houston. Need some more head-to-head wins.

usually I root against any divisional opponents but next week I think we want Miami to beat SD. We already are ahead of Miami and beat them head to head, plus have a chance to beat them again. SD and Houston are threats right now for WC and we lost to them so we need them to lose every game. Also KC is a huge game!

The Bills won ugly last week, and if they can't put away a 1-6 team....then there is not really much hope. I do think its a tough game in NY, but, you have to win where you can and should. A win ahead of the bye week would set the team up for a playoff run..... The injury situation is, of course, a concern. I am happy to see real talent on the roster to step in with the loss of our major talents at rb. And, signing a guy off the street with experience at Dallas for three years, that also OK, as long as he doesn't need to know the offense for a couple of weeks. My bigger concern is at safety, where we are weak if Aaron Williams isn't 100%. They need him this weekend, but, if it means healing through the bye week and being 100% again, do without him.

Edited by bigK14094

Nate Silver now has our playoff odds at ... wait for it ... 20%.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/nfl-week-8-elo-ratings-and-playoff-odds/

And that's with his projected win total of 8.1 games. In other words, an 8-8 team. Now, with Orton in and an O line that really can't get worse, I think 9-7 may be more realistic. But even so, as he noted in his column the week before, the problem is 9-7 is unlikely to get an AFC wildcard this year, and even 10-6 stands as unlikely right now. That's the effect of having Jacksonville and Oakland in your conference giving everyone else free wins to pile up (unless you are Cleveland). So while things may be coming together (and I am an optimist here -- I think they are), playoffs are still a longshot, particularly since my best playoff scenario (Pats tank, we win the division) now looks like kind of a fantasy ...

I don't expect the Bills to make the playoffs this year. I just personally don't feel like they are a playoff team. That said, I hope they keep winning and atleast make it interesting. Would be fun to head into the final couple of games with playoffs still a possibility.

I really love the optimism expressed here. It is hard for me to have confidence in the team, simply because they have smacked me down too many times.

What I will hope for is that the Bills take care of their own business every week, and not rely on someone else to lose.

They need to get the train rolling and get in on their on merit.

Just my $0.02.

GO BILLS!

Rock

Wildcard

I know it is early but right teams are losing every week. Example Chargers, Texans, Bengals, Browns. These are all potential wild card teams that should continue their downward spiral if you look at their schedules.

Division

The Patriots have a void of a roster due to injuries. Maybe we dont match up well against them because let's face it they still own us, but other teams do. I fully expect them to lose 3-4 out of their next 6 with the toughest stretch in the NFL during that time. The Dolphins are their own worst enemy and will never be winners with Tannehill. The Jets are out of it.

Buffalo

I started saying it right after we lost to the Patriots when i looked at our schedule that the Division will be ours this year. We now have a competent QB which is what we were lacking. His chemistry with Sammy and the others will continue to grow. Our only real problem area our O-line should only get better w Ubrik starting again.

I couldn't stand when the media started hopping on the Browns bandwagon 2 weeks ago. I knew they were a farce again due to a simple lack of talent. So expect the media to jump on board a bit after we beat the Jets and alot when we slap K.C around and we are 6-3. The only difference is we actually have the talent that most teams lack. When was the last time we could say that? Let's go Buffalo!

Yeah, but after KC decided to put SD in their place, I am feeling less comfortable about that game, as well.

Additionally, after this upcoming game and after the bye that four game stretch to make some noise and get some wins now looks like this to me:

Week 10, KC (5-3) with games against the Jets and Rams;

Week 11, Miami (5-4) Miami will beat the jags and get at least one win against either the chargers or the lions;

Week 13, Cleveland (6-4 or 7-3) Regardless of their loss last week the Browns have Raiders, Bucs, Bengals and Falcons...and you don't know which Bengals team is going to show up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Nate Silver now has our playoff odds at ... wait for it ... 20%.

http://fivethirtyeig...d-playoff-odds/

And that's with his projected win total of 8.1 games. In other words, an 8-8 team. Now, with Orton in and an O line that really can't get worse, I think 9-7 may be more realistic. But even so, as he noted in his column the week before, the problem is 9-7 is unlikely to get an AFC wildcard this year, and even 10-6 stands as unlikely right now. That's the effect of having Jacksonville and Oakland in your conference giving everyone else free wins to pile up (unless you are Cleveland). So while things may be coming together (and I am an optimist here -- I think they are), playoffs are still a longshot, particularly since my best playoff scenario (Pats tank, we win the division) now looks like kind of a fantasy ...

Technically, the 8.1 is not a "projected win total", but an "average simulated result". Out of the thousands (millions? Dunno what kind of computing power 538 has) of simulations run, our average win total works out to 8.1, but I'd guess around 20% of the simulations have us winning 10 games or more -- because that's our playoff %. Possibly higher, even, because I imagine we miss the playoffs at 10-6 in a decent number of simulations. So there's definitely a chance, and not that horrible a chance either. If we lose this Sunday, I think it's pretty much over -- I can't see us getting to 10 wins without sweeping the Jets, and there's almost no way we'd win a potential 9-7 playoff tiebreaker.

If we can get back to the non-QB level of play from the first 2 games, and Orton can keep up about this level of play (or preferably cut down on his turnovers), I think we have a real shot at it. But if we keep playing like garbage until the last drive or two, we'll get smoked.

I hope your kidding. The Bears O is talented, but erratic at best.

Wasn't Trestman going to fix Cutler?

If Geno and the Jets can put up 25 on the Pats and the Bills can put up 22, the Bears can put up 30 with the injuries on their D. Miami has a better defense than the Pats right now, IMO. Pats DL is going to give Cutler time to throw. I think it will be a shootout but if the Bears can control TOP (Forte should be able to run all over them) they have a decent chance.

I don't like them in this game against the Jets.

In fact I'd be shocked if they won. Would anyone be surprised if this team is 4-5 going to play Miami on Thursday night a few weeks from now?

While it certainly isn't the end of all hope, should they lose to the Jets on Sunday, I think this game is a huge gauge as to how much better the Bills really are. Given the recent history, this is a game the Bills just don't win. Divisional foe, on the road in a building they have had a hard time in..Bills with "something to play for"... opponent playing only for pride..

The Jets record, IMO, is irrelevant. If the Bills win this game, I think there is real reason to feel very optimistic about them. Lose, and many will still be wondering if they can make it to 7 wins. On paper, believe it or not, the Bills have often been the better team...but have consistantly come up small in these situatins.

The Bills are not in the NFC North...they need to start winning games that are winnable, in the AFC as well.

They don't have to win this game..but they need to!

Edited by Buftex