CJ Spiller; surgery for a broken collar bone WGR

boyst

yeah. He had a long run. Probably ran out of bounds. Got caught from behind. Didn't get the TD. And ended up with a season ending injury. The only thing that could have capped it all off was a fumble at the end of the run.

#lastplayeverinabillsuniform

Even though we disagree on Spiller, I still respect you as a poster. But gloating on a guy getting injured is a bad look. Lack of class and I thought you were better than that.

Get well CJ. Sorry Nate Hackett wasted you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though we disagree on Spiller, I still respect you as a poster. But gloating on a guy getting injured is a bad look. Lack of class and I thought you were better than that.

Get well CJ. Sorry Nate Hackett wasted you.

I respect you as a poster as well. And I didn't gloat about a guy getting injured. I simply stated what happened and how it alway is with him.

I simply stated that it was probably his last play ever in a Bills uniform. And although it sucks he was injured it's better for this team in the long run.

Honestly, I really don't give a S%#T if I lose anyone's respect here. Not here to please anyone.

i really felt bad for spiller. he strikes me as a good kid, and i really thought that freddy had given him the inspirational speech and he was going to bust out. i just felt really bad for him.

I feel bad for him also but he never really found his place in Buffalo. I suspect this is the last time we see him in a B'lo uni.

Well, all the Spiller haters on TBD got their wish. If it was Spillers last play as a Bill, at least he went out on a great play, and set up the game winning points. Good luck Spiller!

Huh? He was gone in the second Q. He helped tie the game...

This looked like a pretty severe break to me. He was in tremendous pain, especially as they were carting him off.

Not all bone breaks are the same, of course, so what Aaron Rogers suffered is different than what CJ suffered. CJ probably needs a rod or screws inserted to stablize the bone. He's looking at at least 6-8 weeks until this is healed well enough that he can do regular activities. Running into 300 lb defensive linemen who are trying to shatter his body does not constitute regular activity. Pretty sure he's done for the year. Even if he could come back for the last couple of games, I doubt the Bills will keep the roster spot open, unless they move him to the IR-designated to return spot, but I really don't see it.

This looked like a pretty severe break to me. He was in tremendous pain, especially as they were carting him off.

Not all bone breaks are the same, of course, so what Aaron Rogers suffered is different than what CJ suffered. CJ probably needs a rod or screws inserted to stablize the bone. He's looking at at least 6-8 weeks until this is healed well enough that he can do regular activities. Running into 300 lb defensive linemen who are trying to shatter his body does not constitute regular activity. Pretty sure he's done for the year. Even if he could come back for the last couple of games, I doubt the Bills will keep the roster spot open, unless they move him to the IR-designated to return spot, but I really don't see it.

yeah. Why would they keep him on the roster when they could sign another kicker.

Why not keep him on the roster? They have carried four RB's all year and just sat one. If there is any chance he could be back it doesn't hurt to keep him on roster.

Now if I were CJ I wouldn't take another snap this year. I would go sign a one year deal to play in San Diego or Seattle. Then try to get one last big signing bonus.

National radio folks already saying we are going to be hurting because we lost Jackson and Spiller.

They forgot Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon. Plus, I am excited to see Frank Summer run.

They also forget how unimportant RB's are, particularly with our OL.

At least against a team like the Jets, it might not be such a bad thing if it convinces Hackett to run into a brick wall less.

e6cf4d9f987191a7370c902f68ad95dc_normal.jpegDavid J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc · 2h2 hours ago

Despite
of clavicle surgery. Season should NOT be over. At worst IR/dfr. Operation done for faster return.

Retweet2 retweets2

Favorite0 favorites

More

e6cf4d9f987191a7370c902f68ad95dc_normal.jpegDavid J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc · 2h2 hours ago

Reply to
Not necessarily the case. The reason to do surgery on clavicle is for quicker return. Could be IR/dfr.

He's saying it's usually a 6 week recovery. The question becomes do the Bills feel Spiller is worth the IR with designation to return. Based on the way they use him and his overall production I'm not sure they will. Either way, hope he gets well soon

e6cf4d9f987191a7370c902f68ad95dc_normal.jpegDavid J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc · 4h4 hours ago

CJ SPILLER has clavicle fracture per
. Too bad. Likely surgery and could be 6 weeks.

National radio folks already saying we are going to be hurting because we lost Jackson and Spiller.

They forgot Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon. Plus, I am excited to see Frank Summer run.

I'm more worried about blitz pickup than the running game.

And more worried about Jackson than Spiller. Jackson's a machine, but a groin pull at his age doesn't heal quickly, or necessarily well.

He's saying it's usually a 6 week recovery. The question becomes do the Bills feel Spiller is worth the IR with designation to return. Based on the way they use him and his overall production I'm not sure they will. Either way, hope he gets well soon

At this point it's better that we talk to Spiller with what we already know - likely his desire to return and a number he'd like.

We wait until tomorrow or later in the week talk to him and his agent. Open dialogue and ask them what they are thinking. Tell them we want him back for a reasonable price and ask what they want. Ask if they want to be put on IR or try to come back this season. Work with them, if they want to go on IR put them on IR, no biggie. But if they want to return next year put them on IR. If they want to go somewhere else next year IR. The only reason I would not IR him is if he is willing to sign a long term contract with the Bills and wants to come back the last few weeks.

Despite
of clavicle surgery. Season should NOT be over. At worst IR/dfr. Operation done for faster return.

Retweet2 retweets2

Favorite0 favorites

More

Reply to
Not necessarily the case. The reason to do surgery on clavicle is for quicker return. Could be IR/dfr.

e6cf4d9f987191a7370c902f68ad95dc_normal.jpegDavid J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc · 4h4 hours ago

CJ SPILLER has clavicle fracture per
. Too bad. Likely surgery and could be 6 weeks.

"David Chao is a Drunk Quack"

http://deadspin.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

They were talking about it on WGR. The size of today's player mixed with the speed of today's player, force+mass+acceleration... it's a doozy.

Kelly was entirely different then Spiller.

!@#$ing Jim Kelly? Jim Kelly throws and INT then goes and breaks the guys legs.

weaker.

not less strong.

Watch out! The grammar police are lurking!