CJ Spiller; surgery for a broken collar bone WGR

boyst

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Aaron Rodgers recover from that in 6-8 weeks last year? Or was his less severe?

He definitely did. I would imagine taking hits as a QB is less forceful than what a RB has to endure for the most part. The recovery takes a few months to completely heal. Rodgers came back basically when he had enough stability, not when he had a fully recovered bone. I think the RB needs the fully recovered bone to prevent re-break. I'm just guessing here though. On top of that, I don't think Rodgers required surgery for his either, so it is probably more severe in the first place.

Edited by Mark80

That's what it looked like on the field from his reaction. Collar bone breaks are tricky and also can easily become recurrent issues -- hopefully this will not be the case for CJ. Bummer of a way to end the season for a guy who just couldn't get going this year. There's lots of blame for that to go around, but I'll miss seeing him out there on Sundays.

Get well, CJ.

Sorry to hear that. Probably means he stays a Bill though.

Cold hearted.

Which is why I love you. :beer:

When he was carted off (presumably crying under the towel) I thought this is the final memory. It made me sad.

Sort of like Kelly's last game @ Rich Stadium

That's what it looked like on the field from his reaction. Collar bone breaks are tricky and also can easily become recurrent issues -- hopefully this will not be the case for CJ. Bummer of a way to end the season for a guy who just couldn't get going this year. There's lots of blame for that to go around, but I'll miss seeing him out there on Sundays.

Get well, CJ.

Cold hearted.

Which is why I love you. :beer:

It is also cruel how the play he went down was his best play of the season!!!!

Don't forget aaron williams broke his collarbone when he was playing cornerback (his rookie year i think). The next year he came back as a safety and has been much more successful.

RBs take far too many hits to come back from this within the same season I'm thinking.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It is also cruel how the play he went down was his best play of the season!!!!

yeah. He had a long run. Probably ran out of bounds. Got caught from behind. Didn't get the TD. And ended up with a season ending injury. The only thing that could have capped it all off was a fumble at the end of the run.

#lastplayeverinabillsuniform

RBs take far too many hits to come back from this within the same season I'm thinking.

They were talking about it on WGR. The size of today's player mixed with the speed of today's player, force+mass+acceleration... it's a doozy.

Kelly was entirely different then Spiller.

!@#$ing Jim Kelly? Jim Kelly throws and INT then goes and breaks the guys legs.

If it needs surgery, my understanding is it would have to be pretty bad. It is hard to set.

I did not get surgery when I fractured mine. It's set a bit weird now and it definitely has made my shoulder less strong.

weaker.

not less strong.