CJ Spiller; surgery for a broken collar bone WGR

boyst

I would love it. So is short-term IR only applicable to a guy who has been injured in TC /pre-season? Or could it apply here? I think they can't afford to waste a roster spot on him but it would certainly be great to have the option to bring him back.

As Rubes says, this looks like the worst kind of collarbone injury, so I wouldn't expect him back on the short side of the recovery time.

Not to my knowledge. It can be in the season, as well.

Kiko will be able to return this year, but is not on IR. He is on the Reserve-Non Football Injury list.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for CJ, don't like seeing anyone in pain like that. But is anyone worried about not having him the rest of the year? I'm not.

When Kiko went down I was like oh great there goes our season, and I feel that way every time Fred or Kyle get hurt (usually once a week but they play the next game anyways).

When CJ got hurt, I wasn't worried like you should be when you lose your "starting" RB. CJ has been one of the most overrated players in the entire league. He has the big play ability but you can't make a big play every time you touch the ball as a RB. He's never happy with a nice 4 yard gain and tries to bounce it outside or dance in the hole and as a result ends up hurting us.

I'm ready to see what Bryce Brown can do. He looked really good in preseason. I think we will find we are better off with BB than we were with CJ

Not "hating" (what is this...high school??)---the guy said Spiller helped set up the "game winning score". &nbsp

I didn't redefine anything. My coach used to constantly remind us that the game was 60 minutes long, and every second of the game counted. The winner was the TEAM who had scored the most points when the game was over. (okay our HS game was less time than the Pros, but same concept). Every play we made counted. You could have a great 1st half and dominate a team, but you had to play the whole 60 minutes. Scoring could happen in any quarter. If a single player scored 5 touch downs and the whole other team combined scored five touchdowns, but the last points scored were from a field goal and the team won the game, you would deny that the player that made those 5 touchdowns provided game winning points for his team? Take away all those 5 touchdowns, does the team still win with those 3 points? NO! Maybe to you emotionally and how you define a win as a fan means the only important points scored are the last, but logically every point counts, regardless of what point in the game they occurred. I look at it rationally and logically. To me it is about the results and the game. And without Spiller's play in this game and the points he set up, this game would have been a loss, not a win. Take away those 3 points do the Bills win? Spin it anyway you want to, those are indisputable facts. You can have your own semantic definition. it does not change those facts. It is a simply a difference of point of view, not about me be right or wrong.

I feel bad for CJ, don't like seeing anyone in pain like that. But is anyone worried about not having him the rest of the year? I'm not.

When Kiko went down I was like oh great there goes our season, and I feel that way every time Fred or Kyle get hurt (usually once a week but they play the next game anyways).

When CJ got hurt, I wasn't worried like you should be when you lose your "starting" RB. CJ has been one of the most overrated players in the entire league. He has the big play ability but you can't make a big play every time you touch the ball as a RB. He's never happy with a nice 4 yard gain and tries to bounce it outside or dance in the hole and as a result ends up hurting us.

I'm ready to see what Bryce Brown can do. He looked really good in preseason. I think we will find we are better off with BB than we were with CJ

thats exactly where I'm at.