Chris Hogan

SWATeam

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont get mad. We just keep on grinding

But i want me some Mke Williams love on the field.

Chris is doing fine and we should rally around him since it seems he will be getting the reps

Mike Willams has dropped enough balls. He has not done anything at , all the time!

But if isn't given more chances he cant get his groove on. Seriously

pffft

Thats weird language dude. You got issues ?

Menstrual rags is just having a bad day. Of course he has a bad day for years.

the real issue and question is why the hell Marrone drafts kids, and trades for kids and puts them in the dog house within the same season? Hell, he traded Stevie away because we had Woods and Mike Williams.

Marrone does not draft kids - he is a coach. Front office drafts players although they may seek advice from coaches as they do with scouts.

IMO what we are seeing is his lacrosse skill being translated into football now that he has been in a system long enough to process it. We have seen basketball players translated into TE skills and not we are seeing a lacrosse player translated into WR skills. Freddie had (and still has on board) opponents because he did not come into league from a Div I powerhouse so had to fight harder to get half the recognition. I am not saying Chris Hogan has same upper skill level as Freddie but he will need the same drive to get half as far as highly touted Div I players.

Menstrual rags is just having a bad day. Of course he has a bad day for years.

Marrone does not draft kids - he is a coach. Front office drafts players although they may seek advice from coaches as they do with scouts.

IMO what we are seeing is his lacrosse skill being translated into football now that he has been in a system long enough to process it. We have seen basketball players translated into TE skills and not we are seeing a lacrosse player translated into WR skills. Freddie had (and still has on board) opponents because he did not come into league from a Div I powerhouse so had to fight harder to get half the recognition. I am not saying Chris Hogan has same upper skill level as Freddie but he will need the same drive to get half as far as highly touted Div I players.

you have been here for about a month. Have you been hiding outside my window forums longer than that?

The front office would absolutely speak with the coaching staff about players being drafted and traded for. Especially in the case of Mike Williams having issues over the years and a past relationship that went south with his college HC.

nope. I just don't like you. And your sarcasm and comedy is suspect. Any chance I get to tell you to shut up... I'll take it.

Aren't you the same guy who started a poll about himself asking if you should stay or go? Maybe you should have ignored the results of that poll.

Maybe we aren't missing Mike Williams after all.

Kidding, I think he is a talent we should utilize too, but Hogan made a huge play for us today.

The question/answer I have is; Does Mike Williams make that same catch? Yes!

What Hogan did is what Mike Williams does all the time.

True. If Williams caught it, no one would notice. It would be just a catch. A catch any 3rd NFL receiver SHOULD make. Because hogan is not an NFL receiver it gets headlines. Still irritating that no one talks about his blatant drop against the pats or all his drops in preseason with his career on the line.

Bugs Bunny is gonna start saying, "What a marrone!"

I can almost hear Bugs already Lol !

I know the conversation "wasn't about one player" but man every time I see him I hope for good things. I want him to score tds in the worst way. Just the idea of you standing in line at taco bell muttering under your breath " :censored: Chris Hogan stupid 7-11" is enough to make me smile. Nothing personal :nana:

I think it has more to do with the fact that Hogan was a much maligned player who has started to produce. After 2 years on the team and much discussion he is starting to contribute. I have seen nobody say anything about him going to the Pro Bowl or being great even. It is partly to bust Kirby's chops and partly because fans of a team enjoy seeing players on their team do well. That catch was huge yesterday as well.

Great post 122

Mike Williams has proven throughout his career that he doesn't need a great deal of separation to make catches. He is a physical receiver who can make tough catches with body position or by jumping over defenders.

But he's hanging out with EJ on the sideline wtf ? still mystifies me . But at least they both seem fully immersed in the game. I like that .

can we start using the spread and 4wr/5wr sets please ?

True. If Williams caught it, no one would notice. It would be just a catch. A catch any 3rd NFL receiver SHOULD make. Because hogan is not an NFL receiver it gets headlines. Still irritating that no one talks about his blatant drop against the pats or all his drops in preseason with his career on the line.

A great catch is a great catch, especially with the game on the line. It's getting headlines because it was a great catch. As Bills fans we are overreacting - some to the play and others to how others are reacting to the play - as usual.

It's definitely not for his run blocking, the guy beasts on run blocking. Watching Woods get physical with his man when blocking are some of his best highlights this year. The guy loves to block, and has done so consistently this year. Despite what some fools on here say about him not being physical enough, Woods is an absolute killer out there in the running game.

Agree 100% man has a serious fire under his ass and he is pissed off.

he might be my favorite player right about now.

When i intilally joined the thread i think i was questioning that Hogan has been taking some juicy routes away from Robert .

This guy needs a bread and butter TD pass to reward his everydown workmanship.

Hogan is doing the same. Competition IS good

Why is it that the EJ and Mike Williams fanboys are the ones who also hate Hogan, CJ and Orton? Why does it seem that the EJ and MW fanboys were probably the ones who favored Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie?

What if i like all the guys who wear the laundry this year even stupid ole pears? how do i rate ?

I am seeing total team efforts. I have not seen anyone taking plays off since Rivers on that first down he allowed.

I dont hate. I do get pissed off though !

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm starting to think Hogan is really David Nelson 2.0. A little more speed, a little more toughness.

Funny, because with David Nelson rumors and releasing it made me wonder if he had a place on this team. I thought, well, we have Mike Williams starting and Chris Hogan as the backup for the position. I like Nelson and all but at this point we lucked out not needing him. I still wish we had him the last few years, but we have upgraded the position.

The question/answer I have is; Does Mike Williams make that same catch? Yes!

The question is: Did Mike Williams make that catch? No, Hogan did. And, Hogan has shown potential.

So, Hogan is not an NFL WR because he has put up respectable numbers in two weeks? Hogan is not an NFL WR because Mike Williams is a better WR?

Why can't both be NFL WR's? I would take Mike Williams over Chris Hogan but I wouldn't care if Hogan took the field instead.