The all Sam Bradford thread

I would be shocked if Bradford could be had without a first involved. It would probably take this year's second and next year's first. Would St. Louis take EJ plus this year's second? Even if this were the case, it would be a huge risk for the Bills. No question that Bradford has the ability, but I would be very uncomfortable with betting so much on a guy who is one hit away from a wheelchair. He has had three season ending injuries in the last 5 years. If I were a betting man, I would not bet on him ending that propensity, especially since he was never that mobile to begin with.

EDIT - Based on the latest news - never mind.

I cant see how anyone can think the Rams will get a first for Bradford. The 49ers got two seconds for Alex Smith who had more success as a starter and obviously didnt have the injury history Bradford has so I would be absolutely shocked if the Rams somehow got a first or even more ridiculous a first and a second for Bradford. You even state in your post how much of a risk it will be for any team to trade for Bradford yet somehow think you cant see how Bradford could be had without a first involved. It simply will not happen.

Edited by Max997

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where there is smoke there is fire. I can tell you this that kid QB Austin Davis who played QB for the Rams last year after the Starter

Shawn Hill went down looked pretty good. He looks pretty promissing. I could see the Rams going with Davis as the Starter

and Shawn Hill as the back up. Then after the trade with the Bills they could draft a guy like Bryce Petty out of Baylor and devolope

him. Or maybe they would roll the dice with EJ Manual in the trade. Either way the Rams have a cap problems and they do have a good defense.

If they trade Bradford to the Bills that will allow the team plenty of cap space and not have to fork over a new even larger contract to Bradford.

So maybe this makes a lot of sense to make a trade. You know if this is a real possibility there would be denial on everyones part.

I think this trade might actually happen maybe not with the Bills, but I could see Bradford getting moved for the best package.

I cant see how anyone can think the Rams will get a first for Bradford. The 49ers got two seconds for Alex Smith who had more success as a starter and obviously didnt have the injury history Bradford has so I would be absolutely shocked if the Rams somehow got a first or even more ridiculous a first and a second for Bradford. You even state in your post how much of a risk it will be for any team to trade for Bradford yet somehow think you cant see how Bradford could be had without a first involved. It simply will not happen.

Agreed. I think the Rams would be lucky to get a 3rd for him. He's got a knee held together with duct tape.

Where there is smoke there is fire. I can tell you this that kid QB Austin Davis who played QB for the Rams last year after the Starter

Shawn Hill went down looked pretty good. He looks pretty promissing. I could see the Rams going with Davis as the Starter

and Shawn Hill as the back up. Then after the trade with the Bills they could draft a guy like Bryce Petty out of Baylor and devolope

him. Or maybe they would roll the dice with EJ Manual in the trade. Either way the Rams have a cap problems and they do have a good defense.

If they trade Bradford to the Bills that will allow the team plenty of cap space and not have to fork over a new even larger contract to Bradford.

So maybe this makes a lot of sense to make a trade. You know if this is a real possibility there would be denial on everyones part.

I think this trade might actually happen maybe not with the Bills, but I could see Bradford getting moved for the best package.

Personally I think that the number of teams interested will drive the price. If Cleveland is in fact interested they may very well be willing to part with pick #19 for Bradford. If someone else wants him they are going to have to beat that package.

The problem is that the FA crop is terrible and the draft is 2 deep at the QB position. Would you be better off using pick 19 on Bradford or pick 43 or Brett Hundley? This is just an example but the answer is it depends on what you think of each player.

IMO if Whaley was willing to take the risk on the Sammy trade, he'll be willing to take the risk on a starting caliber QB. I don't want to give up a 1st, but I would give up a second. It's the most important position on the team. If he gets hurt again, we have EJ. I still think they will sign another QB as well. I think they will be aggressive. As they should be. They aren't rebuilding, they are knocking on the damn door.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Personally I think that the number of teams interested will drive the price. If Cleveland is in fact interested they may very well be willing to part with pick #19 for Bradford. If someone else wants him they are going to have to beat that package.

The problem is that the FA crop is terrible and the draft is 2 deep at the QB position. Would you be better off using pick 19 on Bradford or pick 43 or Brett Hundley? This is just an example but the answer is it depends on what you think of each player.

Cleveland has an abundance of picks. They are in a good position to offer some of their surplus picks to the Titans to select Mariota. What does that mean for their troubled young qb, Johnny M? Probably cut loose.

The biggest challenge Cleveland has is not allowing their volatile owner sabotage his own franchise with his fool impulsive decisions. However, when you are the boss being stupid and acting recklessly is allowed because you own the toy franchise.

conflicting reports for sure, but the 28 year old QB is the PERFECT age for a QB.

22 year olds need to sit and learn. 34 is too old... blah blah

So we'll have 6 years of his prime, and with only about 4 years worth of this defense before we start losing those pieces it'd be the perfect trade if we can also restucture to a long term deal.

GO FOR IT !

Perhaps because they're dealing through the agent? That's often how it works ...

A) I dont believe that zero teams have asked the rams about him.

B) even if talks are near non-existant with the rams, as you note, its likely a product of them telling bradford to shop himself. since health and contract are probably the biggest variables in play, id imagine the talk with the rams wouldnt go far until a team liked what bradford would be willing to agree to.