The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What games last year? He was injured in the 3rd pre season game and was out for the season.

2 years ago. His best games were against teams that had like 2 wins all year. In a couple others, they were getting blown out and he put up garbage time stats. http://www.nfl.com/player/sambradford/497095/profile

My apologies C

From your recent posts I thought u genuinely didnt like Bradford.

We cant give up a high pick.....we dont have one.

I couldnt see us giving up our 1st rounder the following season if that is what you are suggesting

No worries. I just hate anointing guys who haven't proven anything really and I have very serious concerns Bradford.

Whoever they bring in needs to compete for job in a fair competition. None of these guys are good enough to be handed a job. Because of they were, they won't be on the market.

2 years ago. His best games were against teams that had like 2 wins all year. In a couple others, they were getting blown out and he put up garbage time stats. http://www.nfl.com/player/sambradford/497095/profile

No worries. I just hate anointing guys who haven't proven anything really and I have very serious concerns Bradford.

Whoever they bring in needs to compete for job in a fair competition. None of these guys are good enough to be handed a job. Because of they were, they won't be on the market.

Bradford would certainly have to compete for the starting job, it wouldnt be handed to him. Why are you so against Bradford coming in? Isnt it better to have multiple options at QB? Do you really feel that we are ok going into the season with just EJ as the guy with no backup plan in case he doesnt develop or actually regresses?

Bradford would certainly have to compete for the starting job, it wouldnt be handed to him. Why are you so against Bradford coming in? Isnt it better to have multiple options at QB? Do you really feel that we are ok going into the season with just EJ as the guy with no backup plan in case he doesnt develop or actually regresses?

You don't give up 1/3 of your cap space to a QB if you think he needs to compete with EJ to determine the starter. JMO

You don't give up 1/3 of your cap space to a QB if you think he needs to compete with EJ to determine the starter. JMO

IMO you do if thats what he costs to bring in and you want to throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks for QB.

Remember when Seattle brought in Flynn and drafted Russell Wilson in the same year while also having Tavaris Jackson on the roster? The situation can be similar in Buffalo. Just because a guy makes more money doesnt mean he has to start. If EJ develops then great. If Sam beats him out then great. If we draft someone and he ends up being the best then great. But if Im whaley Im bringing in every QB I can reasonably get to compete.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Bradford was the last #1 overall draft pick to sign a ridiculous contract (the rookie cap as we now know it was implemented the following season) -- and he is still working off the final year(s) of that contract. Bradford has definitely had his moments -- and has at least shown to be a competent NFL QB -- which is in painfully short supply.

It is all about supply and demand, so those believing that Bradford could be had for a measly 3rd round draft pick are dreaming. Like the last 2-3 years, this is a bad year to look for a QB in free agency or the draft -- and the Bills are not the only team in the market for a starting QB. Teams like the Browns, Bucs, Titans, Jets, Texans, and Cardinals all have significantly more ammunition than the Bills do to pull a trade. There is some speculation that even the teams at the top of the draft, may prefer Bradford over Winston or Mariotta. That also begs the inverse question: Why would the Rams be willing to trade him with no bona fide replacement on the horizon?

Given the price tag in $, the hefty price in trade compensation -- and the fact that there is no viable alternative for the Rams at the QB position, I suspect that it is highly unlikely that Bradford plays for any team other than the Rams this year.

I was excited to hear Bradford open in a trade. Then, I looked at his numbers next to EJs.

EJs 14 starts compared to Bradford's full season has better Y/A and a slightly better TD:INT ratio. Even in his best year, Bradford's best Y/A is 6.7 to EJ's 6.4. That's not a huge improvement for a $12 cap hit.

Will he survive a 16 game season in the future?

He has been out 25 out of 32 games.

That's the reason only Bradford is even being talked about as a realistic option for the Bills. If Bradford didn't have injury questions (or the label of injury prone), he'd be locked up in St. Louis as a rising star at the position. He never "arrived" in the NFL, but he was showing signs that everything had clicked right before the latest injury. No one questions his talents throwing the football (accuracy or arm strength), no one questions his ability to read defenses and make the right throw more often than not, the only question remains about his ability to stay healthy.

For Buffalo, that's a risk you have to take -- and I think they might -- if the price is right. No one is advocating giving up a first or multiple firsts for the guy, but if he can be had at the right price, I say the Bills would be foolish not to. What's the worst that happens? He gets injured again and the Bills are right where they are right now...

Edited by GreggyT

Don't know what to say about Bradford. I have felt for a while that he would be the QB this year and still kind of feel that way. Bradford has the skillset of a good NFL QB. He has the knees of a retired offensive lineman. He is a risk reward type of guy. I would think that if Bradford came to Buffalo AND stayed healthy we would be looking at about 4,000 yards passing and 28 TDs to 12 INTs. This is strictly a feeling and based on the way that he appeared to be progressing. There is no reason to be confident that he will stay healthy but if he does (and is on the Bills) they will win 11+ games.

That's the reason only Bradford is even being talked about as a realistic option for the Bills. If Bradford didn't have injury questions (or the label of injury prone), he'd be locked up in St. Louis as a rising star at the position. He never "arrived" in the NFL, but he was showing signs that everything had clicked right before the latest injury. No one questions his talents throwing the football (accuracy or arm strength), no one questions his ability to read defenses and make the right throw more often than not, the only question remains about his ability to stay healthy.

For Buffalo, that's a risk you have to take -- and I think they might -- if the price is right. No one is advocating giving up a first or multiple firsts for the guy, but if he can be had at the right price, I say the Bills would be foolish not to. What's the worst that happens? He gets injured again and the Bills are right where they are right now...

Pretty much this ^^

Don't know what to say about Bradford. I have felt for a while that he would be the QB this year and still kind of feel that way. Bradford has the skillset of a good NFL QB. He has the knees of a retired offensive lineman. He is a risk reward type of guy. I would think that if Bradford came to Buffalo AND stayed healthy we would be looking at about 4,000 yards passing and 28 TDs to 12 INTs. This is strictly a feeling and based on the way that he appeared to be progressing. There is no reason to be confident that he will stay healthy but if he does (and is on the Bills) they will win 11+ games.

Good stuff and I agree. I think we're both on the same page too that we're not willing to overpay for the guy because of those risks, but he's at the top of the wish list for potential Bills QBs in '15.

I was excited to hear Bradford open in a trade. Then, I looked at his numbers next to EJs.

EJs 14 starts compared to Bradford's full season has better Y/A and a slightly better TD:INT ratio. Even in his best year, Bradford's best Y/A is 6.7 to EJ's 6.4. That's not a huge improvement for a $12 cap hit.

But Bradford passes the "eye test".

In all seriousness, I would be ok with Bradford coming in and competing for a low draft pick. But Cap hit does suck so maybe not, and it would be a risk.

Bills fans just have a love affair with "what if" scenarios at the QB position. Very quickly snatch up any QB they have heard of before, and just as quickly discard them when they don't pass the eye test.

The QB everyone is dreaming of isn't out there this year. It is time we realize that and work to make it much easier for these mediocre QBs to succeed, rather than sign high priced unproven QB's just so we can play out our "what if" fantasies.

But Bradford passes the "eye test".

In all seriousness, I would be ok with Bradford coming in and competing for a low draft pick. But Cap hit does suck so maybe not, and it would be a risk.

Bills fans just have a love affair with "what if" scenarios at the QB position. Very quickly snatch up any QB they have heard of before, and just as quickly discard them when they don't pass the eye test.

The QB everyone is dreaming of isn't out there this year. It is time we realize that and work to make it much easier for these mediocre QBs to succeed, rather than sign high priced unproven QB's just so we can play out our "what if" fantasies.

I think that the bolded kind of explains why. "What if" when it comes to Bradford COULD be a Flacco like season. That is IF he can stay healthy. The downside is he is injured, out all year and on your books. I don't think that anyone EXPECTS it to work out perfectly but every possible QB solution has holes. Bradford's game probably has the fewest holes IMO but his health is a big question mark. Because the perfect QB isn't available we are looking for either the best possible "what if" scenario or the highest floor guy (maybe like a McCown). I am all for trying to catch lightning in a bottle with Bradford (felt the same about RG) instead of adding another guy that is just okay. I'd rather take my chances that Bradford can stay healthy than McCown can play like he did for that stretch in Chicago.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Worst case scenario is he gets hurt again and EJ plays. I still think EJ can manage the game well enough if we can run the ball so not overly worried that we would be doomed. Best case scenario is he stays healthy and we have an actual offense. Dooooo it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Worst case scenario is he gets hurt again and EJ plays. I still think EJ can manage the game well enough if we can run the ball so not overly worried that we would be doomed. Best case scenario is he stays healthy and we have an actual offense.

I would say the worst case scenario is that he gets hurt and EJ plays like EJ. Which means another lost season and another year of age on the defense.