Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes, publicly, been a pretty good cheerleader/teammate..... hopefully behind the scenes matches.

heck, maybe his agent helps prevent future boneheaded choices like deactivating him by stepping up to the plate here.

Whaley said he's been great with his teammates and coaches.

Aren't we under the cap - not sure why money would have anything to do with this. Not mention, the Bills aren't looking to trade him, MWs agent asked if he look for trade options.

WR not getting the ball as much as he wants. Wah.

Bills are under the cap, but there's a reason they're under the cap -- they don't want to spend more on payroll than they're already spending! So it's always about money. It's probably also about Williams being unhappy about usage, but I think the Bills are doing the right thing here in using Sammy-Woods-Goodwin-Hogan as the top 4, and if they expand Orton's pass catching options I'd like to see Gragg get those chances. Mike Williams just doesn't add much, and when your value to the team is grossly exceeded by your contract value, this is what naturally happens.

Bills are under the cap, but there's a reason they're under the cap -- they don't want to spend more on payroll than they're already spending! So it's always about money. It's probably also about Williams being unhappy about usage, but I think the Bills are doing the right thing here in using Sammy-Woods-Goodwin-Hogan as the top 4, and if they expand Orton's pass catching options I'd like to see Gragg get those chances. Mike Williams just doesn't add much, and when your value to the team is grossly exceeded by your contract value, this is what naturally happens.

williams contract doesnt make him less of a contributor to the team today. if you want to argue dealing him is a better choice long term, id hear it--- but benching him on sunday over money makes no sense.

Bills are under the cap, but there's a reason they're under the cap -- they don't want to spend more on payroll than they're already spending! So it's always about money.

Agree with the second half of the post, but we have new owners now, not sure they care as much about payroll (which should be separate from players salaries I would think).

Just not buying that they're trying to trade him for cash reasons...

BTW, I didn't like Whaley's passive aggressive comment about if we get a #1 receiver compensation. Whaley needs bite his tongue. I'm sure he was pissed after MW's agent s**t all over him for deactivating his client, but, in the end, those comments do not serve the Bills best interests.

BTW, I didn't like Whaley's passive aggressive comment about if we get a #1 receiver compensation. Whaley needs bite his tongue. I'm sure he was pissed after MW's agent s**t all over him for deactivating his client, but, in the end, those comments do not serve the Bills best interests.

agents ask for trades pretty frequently on behalf of their clients. It only gets out if the agent and/or player want it to get out. I think Whaley was pissed he has to deal with it in the media all week now and may have little to no interest in trading him which leads to him saying he would only do it for X.

Despite that, unless things work differently than normal with the Bills, Whaley needs to approve inactives. If he didn't agree with Marrone he could have told him to find someone else.

TX Bills Fan, I kind of read right through that the first time around. Now that I see it again, I agree -- MW or his agent are probably complaining that he's not being used like the #1 receiver he is, and Whaley is calling b.s. -- "if you're a #1, let's see what other teams out there are willing to trade #1 receiver type value for you, hah, hah." So I'm settling on it's a little of both -- Williams is unhappy, the Bills are not real happy with him, and everyone would just as soon undo that signing the first chance they get.