Sammy Watkins Not Living Up To No. 4 Overall Let Alone Another 1st. Ro

To the OP....I dont get it......is it that everyone ELSE is blaming Hackett and you feel the need to be special and blame Watkins?

- WR's can only make plays when they are given the opportunity

- Watkins was targeted 3 times

Don't care if prime Deion Sanders is covering him, you gave up 2 1st rounders to acquire him, no excuse he doesn't get upwards of 10 targets a game. If you thought he was so good then even if he's not open you give him a chance to make a play, that's what elite wideouts do. I've seen Dez go up and just get balls today when he was being covered by Sherman. We should have given Sammy more chances.

How do you even know if he was open......Orton wasnt even looking his way most of the game

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP....I dont get it......is it that everyone ELSE is blaming Hackett and you feel the need to be special and blame Watkins?

- WR's can only make plays when they are given the opportunity

- Watkins was targeted 3 times

How do you even know if he was open......Orton wasnt even looking his way most of the game

I don't know that he was open, that's why i said, even if he's not "open" you give him a chance to go up and make a play. You think AJ, Calvin, and Dez only get targets when they are running free in the secondary? No, they're special talents and you give them opportunities to make special plays. When you give up what Buffalo did to acquire Watkins they must think he's on that level, give him a chance to show it.

I don't know that he was open, that's why i said, even if he's not "open" you give him a chance to go up and make a play. You think AJ, Calvin, and Dez only get targets when they are running free in the secondary? No, they're special talents and you give them opportunities to make special plays. When you give up what Buffalo did to acquire Watkins they must think he's on that level, give him a chance to show it.

For 2 1st round picks I was at least hoping for a playmaker WR that can burn the secondary down field like what DeSean Jackson or AJ Green can do. It just is totally non-existent with Watkins. Whether it is Watkins or the coaches it doesn't make any difference, it still makes the pick bad...look at the other Clemson teammate :flirt:

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

If you can't see that Watkins is a stud I don't know what to tell you.. This offense is pathetic with Hackett's play calling. What little success they find I attribute to the players.

Now the trade in the draft is absolutely debatable and I hated it but I like the player.

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this trade.

Good grief.

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this trade.

Your missing the downfield blocks that he makes. He's better than AJ Green, and it's not his fault the ball is not thrown his way. If he's not on our team, we have 1-2 more losses.

Your missing the downfield blocks that he makes. He's better than AJ Green, and it's not his fault the ball is not thrown his way. If he's not on our team, we have 1-2 more losses.

You can say the same for Dan Carpenter and how can you say he is better than AJ Green?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I hate this trade.

Wow, six games in and Watkins is already a bust?! Give me a break!!!

Watkins is a keeper. I remember people called for OJ to be traded because the coach used him as a decoy. In the passing game, routes are ranked so that the QB has his progressions. It looked like the Bills decided it could exploit the NE secondary with Chandler and Watkins was used to open up areas so other WRs were targeted. Not a bust at all. Hackett is a bust.

I hate this trade.

You're now a confirmed troll in my book.

I've said it before that Benjamin is the star of this draft class. He's gonna be putting up crazy numbers in this league.

Cool!!!

What I am most concerned about is his ability to make big plays for a large chunk of yards with touchdown potential.

Look at AJ Greens Career. In his rookie year he had 7 40+ yard plays. 2012 the same. 2013 he had 9. 2014 he has 1.

I just don't see this type of production out of Watkins truthfully and this is what this team needs desperately out of the WR position.

You don't see the production because of the QB. Dalton is pretty good and has been from the time he got to CIN. We only have half the equation.. The WR. Watkins is good, now get a competent QB. Lots of good WRs have mediocre days vs Revis. They should have tested him more.