Sammy Watkins Not Living Up To No. 4 Overall Let Alone Another 1st. Ro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put him the wildcat!

Jet sweep, bubble screens, quick outs, slants, reverses...the only high percentage play to get him the ball we see are quick slants...there are ways to get him the ball which they are not currently doing...I don't blame it totally on Watkins...however I don't see the play making ability down field that you see with elite WR's and what Green showed in his rookie year.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this trade.

He was targeted only THREE TIMES and had TWO completions.

You're an idiot... my God...

Watkins is a stud. It's not every day that you get a chance to collect a player of his caliber. Who cares what they paid?

According to most here the Bills have blown their first round picks for the past ten years. Why would they suddenly expect next year's first rounder to be a surefire thing? In 2009 that first and fourth was Aaron Maybin and Shawn Nelson. In 2010 it was Spiller and Easley.

It boggles the mind.

If you could trade Aaron Maybin and Shawn Nelson right now for Watkins would you do it?

Edited by Thurmal34

What I am most concerned about is his ability to make big plays for a large chunk of yards with touchdown potential.

Look at AJ Greens Career. In his rookie year he had 7 40+ yard plays. 2012 the same. 2013 he had 9. 2014 he has 1.

I just don't see this type of production out of Watkins truthfully and this is what this team needs desperately out of the WR position.

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this trade.

I did not like trade based on what we gave up for him and this "win now" mode the Bills want to be in.

Typically, WR take 2-3 years to develop.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/0ap2000000363811/article/20-things-fantasy-owners-should-know-before-drafting

"Are you in love with Sammy Watkins? Do you think Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks are a lock to thrive in 2014? Well, you might want to tap the brakes."

"... of the five rookie receivers to post 1,000-plus yards since 2000, just two have done it in the last seven years."

Lets take a look at that.

There were 485 WR drafted from 2000 to 2014, only FIVE posted 1,000+ yards in their rookie year.

FIVE.

You know what the percentage is? 0.0103092783505155 = 1%

Expecting Watkins to have some kind of "immediate impact" in his rookie year is laughable.

It ignores reality.

Watkins may very become the superstar we hope he can become, it just will not happen in 2014.

I did not like trade based on what we gave up for him and this "win now" mode the Bills want to be in.

Typically, WR take 2-3 years to develop.

http://www.nfl.com/f...before-drafting

"Are you in love with Sammy Watkins? Do you think Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks are a lock to thrive in 2014? Well, you might want to tap the brakes."

"... of the five rookie receivers to post 1,000-plus yards since 2000, just two have done it in the last seven years."

Lets take a look at that.

There were 485 WR drafted from 2000 to 2014, only FIVE posted 1,000+ yards in their rookie year.

FIVE.

You know what the percentage is? 0.0103092783505155 = 1%

Expecting Watkins to have some kind of "immediate impact" in his rookie year is laughable.

It ignores reality.

Watkins may very become the superstar we hope he can become, it just will not happen in 2014.

Kelvin Benjamin is having an immediate impact.

So is Watkins. We don't win the Lions game without him and he dominated the Dolphins game which was closer than the final score indicated.

That's two of our three wins

Oh I know. Still, KB is probably gonna post a 1000 yard season, but mostly because he's the only WR on that team and has Cam.

So is Watkins. We don't win the Lions game without him and he dominated the Dolphins game which was closer than the final score indicated.

That's two of our three wins

We don't win the Lions game without the defense and Dan Carpenter as well. Dolphins game was probably Watkins best game but also the best overall game from the team as a whole as well.

Sammy Watkins is not solely responsible for any win this year.

well he's played 6 games and his circus catch last week won us the game. we would have lost if he didn't make that catch and nobody on our team but sammy would have made it. over the middle, high and WAY behind him. unbelievable.

he's on pace to win us 3 games this season on his own

I hate this trade.

How is he supposed to make plays when the ball isn't being thrown his way?

Sammy has already proven he can impact the game when given the opportunity and is nowhere near one of the problems on this team

How many more threads are you going to create today?

Edited by Max997

Don't care if prime Deion Sanders is covering him, you gave up 2 1st rounders to acquire him, no excuse he doesn't get upwards of 10 targets a game. If you thought he was so good then even if he's not open you give him a chance to make a play, that's what elite wideouts do. I've seen Dez go up and just get balls today when he was being covered by Sherman. We should have given Sammy more chances.