Sammy Watkins Not Living Up To No. 4 Overall Let Alone Another 1st. Ro

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this trade.

I can't even respond to this thread as it just feels like someone trolling. Sammy might be the most talented player on on our offense at this point, and if not yet, will be by years end.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even respond to this thread as it just feels like someone trolling. Sammy might be the most talented player on on our offense at this point, and if not yet, will be by years end.

I get those that want to defend Watkins the player. But, liking Sammy as a player doesn't mean you have to like the trade. If you spend 2 1's and a 4 to get a WR and you don't use him or don't have the QB that can use him or the OC that can use him, than the trade SUCKS, plain and simple.

To me, it's too early to suggest whether Watkins is boom or bust, however, it's not too early to figure out that the trade was made for the wrong reasons with the wrong assumptions.

Week 6 approx 26 catches for about 300 yards, and non-existent against a "true" shutdown corner. This guy isn't even close to AJ Green at this point. I don't see any play making ability downfield like you see with Green. His long stat is 30 yards.

I hate this trade.

- rightfully so. The occasional circus catch is great, but you don't take receivers high unless they are physical freaks. Sammy is nice, certainly 1st round worthy, but is. Not anything physically exciting. Bad trade, especially considering our shortcomings at QB.

- rightfully so. The occasional circus catch is great, but you don't take receivers high unless they are physical freaks. Sammy is nice, certainly 1st round worthy, but is. Not anything physically exciting. Bad trade, especially considering our shortcomings at QB.

If you say Sammy "isn't anything physically exciting" then you need to watch the kid play more. Physically the guy is an elite talent. That's undeniable.

I really respect your opinion Kipers Hair considering the inside knowledge you have on the NFL draft.

BLASPHEME!!

How dare you dampen the enthusiasm for this generational talent!

Question: Who is the last 1st round WR drafted to truly make a difference on a top tier team?

A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas made a play in the playoffs with Tebow throwing knuckle-balls. Dez Bryant is a difference maker.