What if Orton Beats the Pats?

And looks good doing so?

Do we instantly give him 50 million? Do we all buy Orton jerseys? Do we bow down to the mustache messiah?

The road to the playoffs always goes squarely through New England in this division, and if the Bills beat the Pats I'm ready to believe. If they get beaten handily, it's just another year of business as usual.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, its a long season. lots can happen. plus Orton would only be a part of what beats them. QB is key, but need all else as well.

would be a good, important win though. this team needs to win at home IMO. build the expectation among players, fans, the whole "its our house " thing... need to get back to that ...

Edited by 8and8Forever

No one I believe will anoint him, but if he not only beats the Pats and starts to have a winning record, the fans will get behind him. If this happens, and let's say we win 6 of the next 8, I'm happy to see how it plays out. He's getting 5,5 mil / yr. so he has to be the highest paid back up.

It would not bother me in the slightest to have a reliable, in the pocket, quick decision type QB. I'm of the opinion pocket QB's who make excellent decisions and relaease the ball quickly are the best QB's. Mobile QB's are always at risk of one hit from an injury.

I guess I understand this topic given the OP's user name, but, QB's don't beat teams; teams beat teams.

Regarding Orton...no reason to rush to judgement.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's the same mistake we made with Fitz. How many NFL starting jobs are there and how in demand is a QB in his 30s really going to be? No reason to Jauron this.