At this point, does anyone think we keep Spiller?

Big C

After an uninspiring start to the season, Spiller easily had his worst game in as long as I remember. I know the Lions D is good, but I watched Fred get the tough yards like always and CJ go nowhere. He missed a crucial blitz pickup and nearly cost us a safety.

I know Bryce Brown is the alleged replacement for CJ, but the FO has expressed interest in keeping him. What are the odds now we keep CJ? Does anyone think we try to trade him? What is he worth?

I know this has been ongoing talk here at TSW, but this was the least inspiring performance I've seen from him in a long, long time. It can't just be Hackett.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll offer him a contract meant for what he should be... a situational runner, or a guy who is used more in the slot/space more than anything.

But another team will give him starting RB money, so I don't think we keep him.

After an uninspiring start to the season, Spiller easily had his worst game in as long as I remember. I know the Lions D is good, but I watched Fred get the tough yards like always and CJ go nowhere. He missed a crucial blitz pickup and nearly cost us a safety.

I know Bryce Brown is the alleged replacement for CJ, but the FO has expressed interest in keeping him. What are the odds now we keep CJ? Does anyone think we try to trade him? What is he worth?

I know this has been ongoing talk here at TSW, but this was the least inspiring performance I've seen from him in a long, long time. It can't just be Hackett.

Spiller can be an all-pro in a spread offense.

He is not RB you run up the gut and have rely on pass protection. That said he should have benched after the botched protection in the red zone.

It's party scheme, partly a one dimensional RB.

He's gone, trade him now before he loses any more value.

Merge this with the Start Bryce Brown thread....or one of mrags multiple rants re. Spiller. This guy gets on my nerves. Consistency means something (and stop the "get him in space" BS...if every player is in space it would make offenses a lot easier right?)

Edited by BringBackFergy

Running backs are devalued. You will not get more than a 6th for him in a trade. CJ is not being used properly. The running plays between the tackles are not his forte. He is an off tackle runner. Give him some space and pitch the ball to him. His talent is wasted in Buffalo. I think he will be offered a contract. It is up to him if wants to stay or go.