At this point, does anyone think we keep Spiller?

Big C

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running backs are devalued. You will not get more than a 6th for him in a trade. CJ is not being used properly. The running plays between the tackles are not his forte. He is an off tackle runner. Give him some space and pitch the ball to him. His talent is wasted in Buffalo. I think he will be offered a contract. It is up to him if wants to stay or go.

Once again, and I mean no disrespect, but if it was that easy to create space on a consistent basis, every OC would be doing it. In CJ's case, field of vision has something to do with it. I just get tired of the "get him in space" argument.

I don't get why anymore will pay him more part. IMO he stays here simply because no one will offer the big contract

Spiller would have had the kind of performance we have seen from Sproles in Philly. They did want him, but so did we at the time. His stock is obviously down, but someone must think they can do something with his skills.

Once again, and I mean no disrespect, but if it was that easy to create space on a consistent basis, every OC would be doing it. In CJ's case, field of vision has something to do with it. I just get tired of the "get him in space" argument.

Never said it was easy. He is an outside runner. Watched him in college when they would run him wide, pitch it and he had the field to make moves and run. You might not like it but it is how he runs. Not making excuses, just pointing out how limited he is.

Spiller would have had the kind of performance we have seen from Sproles in Philly. They did want him, but so did we at the time. His stock is obviously down, but someone must think they can do something with his skills.

Lot of assumptions for a back that will be 28 next year. They obviously like him and I think he likes it here. Odds are he's a bill next year. Fred BTW will be 34 next year , this team cannot just shed the other starting back on the roster so easily.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

This is it exactly.

A real OC would find a way to get Spiller more yards, and less runs up the middle ...into the backs of the O linemen.

I'm pretty sure I saw a couple runs off tackle and screens today.

This is it exactly.

A real OC would find a way to get Spiller more yards, and less runs up the middle ...into the backs of the O linemen.

A good OC can't change the fact Spiller ran out of bounds at the worst possible time to do so. AGAIN.

The kid misses holes all the time. The All-22 reveals it almost every week. He can't put it all together. Blaming Hackett because the 9th overall pick has managed one good year in his career is faulty.

Can't Carpenter kickoff? his leg seems plenty strong

What we have is working. Carpenters leg may be relied upon in the stretch when we're at home. If it is going to come down to the last two or three weeks and with this defense it will be critical that he has a fresh leg.

After an uninspiring start to the season, Spiller easily had his worst game in as long as I remember. I know the Lions D is good, but I watched Fred get the tough yards like always and CJ go nowhere. He missed a crucial blitz pickup and nearly cost us a safety.

I know Bryce Brown is the alleged replacement for CJ, but the FO has expressed interest in keeping him. What are the odds now we keep CJ? Does anyone think we try to trade him? What is he worth?

I know this has been ongoing talk here at TSW, but this was the least inspiring performance I've seen from him in a long, long time. It can't just be Hackett.

Who do you propose we replace him with ? And...how does getting rid of CJ make the Buffalo Bills a better football team ? Help me out here.

A good OC can't change the fact Spiller ran out of bounds at the worst possible time to do so. AGAIN.

The kid misses holes all the time. The All-22 reveals it almost every week. He can't put it all together. Blaming Hackett because the 9th overall pick has managed one good year in his career is faulty.

Agreed. Spiller seems to be allergic to contact and does whatever he can to avoid it.

Who do you propose we replace him with ? And...how does getting rid of CJ make the Buffalo Bills a better football team ? Help me out here.

Less drives stalled because of 9 carries for 7 yards? I think someone else on the roster, whether its Boobie or Brown, could do better.

I am just posing the question to start a discussion. Bryce Brown has shown that he can perform. I know Fred won't last, but we may look in the draft, or we may try to re-sign at a certain price and get outbid. I'm just wondering how hard they will try. Going into the Marrone tenure the sentiment on CJ was very positive and since then he's slowly seen fewer and fewer carries, snaps, etc.