Watkins getting a little gabby

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a free country and people are allowed to say what they want. On the other hand I think the rookie really hasn't proven anything yet. Had one good game with EJ at the helm. That does not make a superstar. Not that he said anything derogitory toward EJ but that is the way it will be perceived by some. Watkins will get his chance just think it is a little early. And BTW Woods isn't actually a bonified star either (yet). Hopefully they can live up to their perceived potential.

one good game with EJ at the helm probably does qualify as superstar status.

Let's be clear: I'm not here to help manufacture Rawdick's controversy.

I do, however, think that Sammy's opinion on the matter--after 16 professional quarters--ought to be kept himself. Or at least couched, as per the actions of his veteran team mates.

Agree. Him and his boy butterfingers mike might have cost EJ a career with those BS easy drops to start the game.

Guys like Mike Williams, Robert Woods, and others have a vested interest in who the QB is. Wasn't it Williams' mother who joked with him about the lack of targets as compared to his Tampa years?

Nice answer Orton had for Buscaglia. Almost better than Bryce Harper and his "clown question bro" response.

I like the part about Orton talking in the huddle about what to look for when they approach the LOS.

Is there any way the NFL would allow EJ to shadow Orton for the game...maybe hold a yellow legal pad, stand next to him in shotgun, take notes, listen in on the huddle and be a casual observer???

I'm surprised Joe B asked that question.

I thought he was better than that.

CBF

He didn't (according to his Twitter).

Guys like Mike Williams, Robert Woods, and others have a vested interest in who the QB is. Wasn't it Williams' mother who joked with him about the lack of targets as compared to his Tampa years?

Nice answer Orton had for Buscaglia. Almost better than Bryce Harper and his "clown question bro" response.

Listening to the audio: http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Orton-channels-his-inner-Bryce-Harper/9034669?pid=430577 it actually sounds like Rawdick was the one who asked the stupid question/got undressed.

I like the part about Orton talking in the huddle about what to look for when they approach the LOS.

Is there any way the NFL would allow EJ to shadow Orton for the game...maybe hold a yellow legal pad, stand next to him in shotgun, take notes, listen in on the huddle and be a casual observer???

...write a four page paper about it and present it to the class on Friday? :lol:

on second thought, may be it wasn't Rawdick:

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/13901/kyle-orton-deflects-comparison-to-manuel

So we're upset that a player answers a question honestly (and respectfully) and want the same old tired BS stock answers that we also bash?

I'm glad he spoke up, and I appreciate his frankness. It gives us fans a smidgen of hope that things will be better.

Or, we can just take it "one day at a time" and focus on the "game on hand."

You think YOU are frustrated with EJ?

These guys see him in the film room, on the practice field, in the huddle, on the sidelines. Their frustrations have probably been building for quite some time now, and just spill over.

For a guy like Sammy to be that direct probably speaks to just how much frustration there is on the offense.

I also LOVED Orton's response to the dumb question.

So we're upset that a player answers a question honestly (and respectfully) and want the same old tired BS stock answers that we also bash?

I'm glad he spoke up, and I appreciate his frankness. It gives us fans a smidgen of hope that things will be better.

Or, we can just take it "one day at a time" and focus on the "game on hand."

Sitting on the pine apprently Manuel is still considered Da Man by some.

Don't forget the Carolina game last year his masterpiece.

Every Bills beat reporter has been directly or indirectly calling EJ a bum and that he needs to be benched. Which is fine I think most agree.

So now you're going to see them look to justify their "brilliance" by getting players to support their analysis blah blah blah.

Rodak is a troll and an embarrassment if you ask me. I unfollowed him on Twitter after he tweeted that childish nonsense about it "rubbing him the wrong way" when he walked in to the locker room and saw Chandler playing video games the Monday after the Charger game.

Joke.

You think YOU are frustrated with EJ?

These guys see him in the film room, on the practice field, in the huddle, on the sidelines. Their frustrations have probably been building for quite some time now, and just spill over.

For a guy like Sammy to be that direct probably speaks to just how much frustration there is on the offense.

I also LOVED Orton's response to the dumb question.

There is no subplot here. Sammy is always direct, maybe too much so. I thought he was a bit too gabby about his own injury situation with the ribs.

Not surprised they are going to say it looks better, because the change is made. Let's hope better transpires on the field too.

Let me help everyone here who doesn't get it:

It went like this:

Mike Rodhack: So what do you think of Orton?

Watkins: He is good.

Mike Rodhack: How does he compare to EJ?

Watkins: They are both good QB's, both have good attributes.

Mike Rodhack: So, is there anything different? Maybe his veteran experience? Or the way he communicates?

Watkins: Not really, they both do many things well but there are subtle differences.

Mike Rodhack: Yeah?

Watkins: “The way he talked, the way he handles business, the way he looks at plays and breaks down defenses, it’s kinda different than EJ."

Rodhack: Compare the two...

Watkins: EJ is a big guy who stands tall in the pocket. He has a powerful deep ball and can turn wine in to water and saved 500 orphans and two puppies from a house fire, and Orton, “He reads it quicker, the ball is coming out faster"

Rodhack: Looking back on Sunday, can you use bad grammar to answer the following question: Was enough done did that you's be happy with on the fields? Again, bad grammar please...

Mike Williams: We, as a whole, had a lot of breakdowns as a team and we did not play smart football all around. We did not commit many penalties but “We feel like we could have did more … It wasn’t our decision, but it wasn’t our actions either."

He's simply pointing out the obvious. This will be a non issue by the first time Orton completes a pass more than 10 yards down the field.

It's an issue because quoting an athlete is about as worthwhile as quoting an estimate for a roof. It won't matter when it's done.

Edited by jboyst62