Why I think Marrone should be fired...

C.Biscuit97

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The work week must REALLY suck for you when the Bills lose.

Just checked ESPN.com and it's apparently true; we did indeed win today.

I love it. I'm a giant homer, now I hate the Bills? Haha.

Trust me, I'm very happy. I said it in the thread that I'd love to be proven wrong.

But to act like Orton just didn't his best Fitz impression is wrong. I'm happy the Bills won and I'm done with this. If you think one offensive td is a great performance, more power to you.

Orton with a game winning drive. In his first game. WOW.

Anyone else think this move cements Marrone as the next Bill Belichick super-genius coach? Orton is the next Kurt Warner, and we win 2 Superbowls back to back.

Edited by FireChan

You're right. Brilliant move. Kyle Orton led us to one td and made the Lions' kicker miss 3 field goals. Clearly, he deserves a spot on the wall of game.

We were gifted that game and nearly blew an amazing defensive game because we couldn't score. 300 yards means nothing if you don't score. Love the W, hate the hypocrites. If EJ only scored a td, threw a pick 6, & throw an awful pass that required one of the catches I've seen, you would be ripping him. Be consistent. Orton wasn't the reason we won this game.

lYOedhb.jpg

You're right. Brilliant move. Kyle Orton led us to one td and made the Lions' kicker miss 3 field goals. Clearly, he deserves a spot on the wall of game.

We were gifted that game and nearly blew an amazing defensive game because we couldn't score. 300 yards means nothing if you don't score. Love the W, hate the hypocrites. If EJ only scored a td, threw a pick 6, & throw an awful pass that required one of the catches I've seen, you would be ripping him. Be consistent. Orton wasn't the reason we won this game.

You are absolutely right, it wasn't s much about Orton, as it was about the team. But there's something to be said about the team playing like that and laying it out for Orton but not for EJ.

Edited by GG

You are absolutely right, it wasn't s much about Orton, as it was about the team. But there's something to be said about the team passing like that and laying it out for Orton but not for EJ.

I totally agree with this. There's no doubt Orton us a much comfortable passer. I never doubt that.

But if that Lions kicker makes one fg, Orton very well could have been the goat. That was one of the best D performances I've seen in a long time from the Bills.

We won and I'm always happy. I just think some people have a lot of double standards in evaluating players.

lYOedhb.jpg

Wow are you like 10? You're the same guy who is a Jimmy Clausen fan and never pays up on a bet.

I totally agree with this. There's no doubt Orton us a much comfortable passer. I never doubt that.

But if that Lions kicker makes one fg, Orton very well could have been the goat. That was one of the best D performances I've seen in a long time from the Bills.

We won and I'm always happy. I just think some people have a lot of double standards in evaluating players.

Wow are you like 10? You're the same guy who is a Jimmy Clausen fan and never pays up on a bet.

Kyle Orton may have nearly blew an amazing defensive performance, but at least he didn't actually blow a great defensive performance like your boy vs. Houston.

Talk about double standards. Or at least, standards that don't make any sense.

Edited by FireChan

Can't believe how dumb Hackett and Marrone are :doh:

Marrone had a good game. However, there were a couple of spots that I would have challenged. Also, at the end of the half with 9 seconds on the clock, I think that he should have accepted the penalty & give it a shot from midfield. Long shot but still a shot. There wasn't enough time for Detroit if our pass failed. All in all, good coaching all around.

Trust me, I'm very happy. I said it in the thread that I'd love to be proven wrong.

But to act like Orton just didn't his best Fitz impression is wrong. I'm happy the Bills won and I'm done with this. If you think one offensive td is a great performance, more power to you.

The most annoying phrase used by Bills fans.

I think Marrone will end up losing his job eventually because he reamins blindly loyal to Nate Hackett.

But does he deserve to be fired with the team at 3-2? Preposterous.

That's yet to be seen. All he's done so far is give him a 2nd year to develop. If the playcalling stinks for the rest of the season and he doesnt make a change then maybe I can agree there, but it's too early for that right now. And definitely not in the middle of a season.

Mods, please do C.Biscuit a favor and block him from this sight, the Bills and all who don;t agree with him just make him miserable . . . I bet he's a real joy to be around at Christmas as well? Yes CB, we know, Santa Claus is too fat, just because he delivers gifts does mean we should all get excited and be happy.

His one performance is greater than EJ's entire career. If you can't see how well he ran this team with one weeks practice, on the road, against the #1 Defense in the NFL you need help. Stop with the man Crush on EJ And realize your boyfriend will never be a quality starting QB.

The best Fitz impression would have been throwing the pick 6 in the 4th quarter, not early in the 2nd.

Unlike when Fitz was a Bill or when Manuel was playing, I actually had hope and optimism we could still win the game during the 4th quarter, whatever that's worth...

His one performance is greater than EJ's entire career. If you can't see how well he ran this team with one weeks practice, on the road, against the #1 Defense in the NFL you need help. Stop with the man Crush on EJ And realize your boyfriend will never be a quality starting QB.

That's just not true. The offense scored 10 points with him at the helm. 17 - 7 pick six.

I think it was a smart move and think Orton played just the way we need him to, but he was not great at all. Sammy makes a miraculous catch on a bad ball.

He threw for over 300 yards against the best defense in the NFL. Is he Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers? No but Fitz doesn't win that game, Orton did.

Mods, please do C.Biscuit a favor and block him from this sight, the Bills and all who don;t agree with him just make him miserable . . . I bet he's a real joy to be around at Christmas as well? Yes CB, we know, Santa Claus is too fat, just because he delivers gifts does mean we should all get excited and be happy.

+1

Poor guy, still suffering from Bills Stockholm Syndrome. You've fallen in love with mediocrity which has rendered you unhappy with the most talented team we've had in a decade. The fact that you said Orton had nothing to do with this win says it all.

Also, I've sent you multiple PMs and posted in threads that I wanted to settle and never heard back from you. I've also owned my the fact that I was wrong about Clausen. But if you want to go back and forth over your love for Troupe, Maybin, EJ and everyone that Buddy Nix brought in I'll be glad too.

Unreal that you're so unhappy with a great win.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey C.Biscuit97 be happy that EJ is benched and Orton is the starter.

Its that much more less chance EJ has a career ending concussion due to the worst line in the NFL. EJ doesn't have a chance in hell to develop properly behind that current line or from the moronic play calling. 40+ passes vs 20 runs. The bills have lost the last 3 of 4, and could have easily lost at Detroit is their kicker doesn't meltdown.

If Orton is seriously hurt it will suck, but not as bad as completely ruining a 1st round pick. This coaching staff will be gone after this year, and probably so will the GM. The new regime will be better, and the team will hire a football knowledgeable consultant to properly guide the team. Better days are coming.

Why do people always say this? EJ has terrible footwork, a timid and jerky throwing motion, and horrific accuracy. Are those not 'physical tools'???

Or do you just mean he is big and tall? Well there are lots of big and tall people that are not NFL Quarterbacks.

++ on top of PP's post, do EJ's "physical tools" include routinely missing wide open receivers, horrible accuracy, and a throwing motion which looks like he is trying to heave a shot put

Its that much more less chance EJ has a career ending concussion due to the worst line in the NFL. EJ doesn't have a chance in hell to develop properly behind that current line or from the moronic play calling. 40+ passes vs 20 runs. The bills have lost the last 3 of 4, and could have easily lost at Detroit is their kicker doesn't meltdown.

If Orton is seriously hurt it will suck, but not as bad as completely ruining a 1st round pick. This coaching staff will be gone after this year, and probably so will the GM. The new regime will be better, and the team will hire a football knowledgeable consultant to properly guide the team. Better days are coming.

I am so sick of reading this from the Orton haters/EJ fans. Should the bills loan the other team our kicker so the game is fair?

I remember a SB where the winner lucked out and won because the losers could not kick a 47 yard FG. It's all part of the game.

Which one was that? Can't remember.. Although I have at tendency to block traumatic experiences from memory.

Damn, I hope you are right about all this.

I am so sick of reading this from the Orton haters/EJ fans. Should the bills loan the other team our kicker so the game is fair?

I feel kinda bad for you that you read that post and perceived I hate Orton. I don't hate or even dislike any Buffalo Bill player, and even stated it would suck if the guy got hurt. Then if you don't think the Bills were exceedingly lucky to win at Detroit with their Kicker missing 3 FG's, something that almost never happens in the NFL. The Lions went thru 3 RB's and were on their 4th string at the end of that game. Then they lost their star WR after one play. Then their 5000 yard a year QB can't get the ball in the endzone in the 2nd half. Then yea, a 58 yard FG by Buffalo to win that game. Then I don't know what to tell you that could help.