[closed]has the QB change given you a new sense of excitement?

I was really getting bored with the Bills. Figured this EJ needs time to learn, it takes at lest 5 years to develop a QB thing etc would go on for year after year, lose after lose. Now I feel the division is in reach NOW. Not 2015, now. NE is plainly in decline, the jets and fins are worthless. It's the Bills year with this EJ yoke off our neck. GO KC.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am. I had no confidence that Manuel would lead us to victory the entirety of both the Chargers and Texans games.

Our defense hand delivered a victory to our offense this past weekend after the Fitzpatrick INT, and Manuel threw the game away in one play. Hes 24 years old and it will not hurt his career prospects one bit by benching him. By making the change now we give our team a chance to still make the playoffs and end the circus now before it got out of hand. The spotlight is off EJ now and he can sit back and focus on what he needs to work at to become a legit NFL QB, because he is not even close to one right now.

It also says to me that our current front office and coach are quick to acknowledge their mistakes and move on. Its a big blemish on Whaleys record right now, but he still built a very solid football team and made the move to get Orton in the first place. If Orton brings us to the playoffs nobody will care about him missing on Manuel. Also, Orton is only 31 years old if he plays competently he could be our starter for a few years while we look for someone else.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

well im excited but ill get really excited when orton throws his first 10 yard pass as the rush closes in on him, and he doesnt duck his head and scramble foolishly then come out of the pocket to throw a 4 yard pass and miss the guy open deep. That and when he throws a pass that the receiver has actually turned his head to look for.

Well, you could tell EJ is not an NFL quarterback now and may never be. Orton has started about 70 games in the NFL. You don't get to 70 if you completely suck. So yeah, I'm happy they made the switch.

All I know is if KC holds onto this lead over NE, then Buffalo is in first place and holds the tie-breaker advantage. For now...

The Bills will win the AFC East. They run and stop the run.

well im excited but ill get really excited when orton throws his first 10 yard pass as the rush closes in on him, and he doesnt duck his head and scramble foolishly then come out of the pocket to throw a 4 yard pass and miss the guy open deep. That and when he throws a pass that the receiver has actually turned his head to look for.

Has anyone ever seen Orton play? He is a dink and dunk master. Ask Bear and Bronco fans what they think about him.

He is the master of driving down the field and settling for field goals. I swear some people are thinking of the wrong qb.

Well, you could tell EJ is not an NFL quarterback now and may never be. Orton has started about 70 games in the NFL. You don't get to 70 if you completely suck. So yeah, I'm happy they made the switch.

The Bills will win the AFC East. They run and stop the run.

Orton is completely average. Nothing more, nothing less. Teams will play him like they play Fitz. Take away short stuff and force him to throw deep. He struggles big time to do that.

Has anyone ever seen Orton play? He is a dink and dunk master. Ask Bear and Bronco fans what they think about him.

He is the master of driving down the field and settling for field goals. I swear some people are thinking of the wrong qb.

Orton never had these kinda weapons at his disposal. Maybe he can "Alex Smith" us to the playoffs..

No, especially if the play calling remains so mediocre. Why were they abandoning the run at common sense times? You have two of the best RB's in the conference, while JJ Watt is living in our backfield, what do you do?

Exactly. The Giants ran for like 200 yards last week. Hackett isn't good enough. He's never been a NFL coach and we trusted him to develop a young qb. Crazy.

Orton is completely average. Nothing more, nothing less. Teams will play him like they play Fitz. Take away short stuff and force him to throw deep. He struggles big time to do that.

You mean our backup QB is not a perennial pro bowler who can make all the throws? I'm shocked.

You know what I will settle for? A guy who can actually be ACCURATE when throwing short to intermediate range passes. That would be a major step up in play from what we have witnessed recently.

Edited by LabattBlue

Not at all. I want the QB carousel to end. This makes me less excited for the Bills' future.

I don't disagree with the decision, but wish it never had to be made.

This is not exciting. It's depressing.

This^

We didn't trade for Peyton Manning, we put in Orton. 5 teams in 10 years and a 500 record. I'm not sure excitement is the right word to be using

He had D Thomas and Decker in Denver, went 1-4, & lost his job to Tebow.

Rookie versions of those guys.

We will finally be able to see what these WRs can do with a quarterback who will put catchable balls out there without sabotaging the YAC

Edited by FluffHead

You mean our backup QB is not a perennial pro bowler who can make all the throws? I'm shocked.

You know what I will settle for? A guy who can actually be ACCURATE when throwing short to intermediate range passes. That would be a major step up in play from what we have witnessed recently.

That's the point. He is a good backup but we know what he is. We don't know what EJ is.

We are complaining about EJ putting up 17 points on the road. That is what Orton has done for the majority of his career.

Rookie versions of those guys.

We will finally be able to see what these WRs can do with a quarterback who will put catchable balls out there without sabotaging the YAC

Our best wr is a rookie. And we would be really lucky to have anyone come close to Decker's production.

Orton had weapons. He is what he is.

He is what he is.

You don't know that he can't be better in Buffalo than his previous NFL stops? Maybe the last couple of years as a backup have been a wake-up call? Maybe he will find this system to be a good fit for him?

...or maybe he will stink it up? I don't know for sure, and neither do you! But if he can be accurate and decisive, that will be a 100% improvement over Manuel whose head is completely messed up.

You don't know that he can't be better in Buffalo than his previous NFL stops? Maybe the last couple of years as a backup have been a wake-up call? Maybe he will find this system to be a good fit for him?

...or maybe he will stink it up? I don't know for sure, and neither do you! But if he can be accurate and decisive, that will be a 100% improvement over Manuel whose head is completely messed up.

And the wheel keeps on turnin'

I was really getting bored with the Bills. Figured this EJ needs time to learn, it takes at lest 5 years to develop a QB thing etc would go on for year after year, lose after lose. Now I feel the division is in reach NOW. Not 2015, now. NE is plainly in decline, the jets and fins are worthless. It's the Bills year with this EJ yoke off our neck. GO KC.

yes but it really depends on how he does.

What's more likely - the 31 year old improves or the 23 year old improves? They both might not improve.

But we didn't draft Orton with a 1st round pick. EJ should have had a longer leash. Especially when the backup is not a great qb himself.

Not excited at all...We are forced to sit our #1 pick from last year because he's not getting the job done at QB, and we don't have a #1 next year...Plus I have my doubts about Orton long-term...Short term he should be a slight improvement...But enough to be a difference? We'll see...

Plus I kind of feel bad for EJ...He's really a good kid...He just can't get the accuracy thing right...And unless he fixes that he's all but done in this league... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

What's more likely - the 31 year old improves or the 23 year old improves? They both might not improve.

But we didn't draft Orton with a 1st round pick. EJ should have had a longer leash. Especially when the backup is not a great qb himself.

I agree...

I think the coaches are panicking a bit...I also think they see the plays EJ just misses because of his accuracy issues and it's driving them nuts...

He had D Thomas and Decker in Denver, went 1-4, & lost his job to Tebow.

Because the defense was playing horrible ... context matters.

I mean how can you not be pumped up. We got a .500 qb, who lost jobs to Grossman and Tebow, and who has a career QB rating that is one point better than EJ's!!! Who cares about developing a young qb when you might get to 8-8!!!!

Why does it have to be either or? People believe this team is good enough to make the playoffs with just competent QB play. EJ was not providing that Orton probably will. Would you be happier if they spent the year "Developing" EJ and going 6-10 again? Then deciding he still needs time?

He can still develop just not under center. It used to be done that way for years.

Because the defense was playing horrible ... context matters.

Why does it have to be either or? People believe this team is good enough to make the playoffs with just competent QB play. EJ was not providing that Orton probably will. Would you be happier if they spent the year "Developing" EJ and going 6-10 again? Then deciding he still needs time?

He can still develop just not under center. It used to be done that way for years.

They averaged 21 points per game. http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/profile. The Bills are averaging just under 20 this year.