EJ benched, Orton to start.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

If you look at Orton's full seasons where he had training camp, and prep time, he performed well with inferior teams.

You can't compare when he was a back up and did not have the time like a starter. He'll be an improvement, but not saying is the savior.

The defense, running game, o-line need to perform, but with all of those highlights can turn us into a decent team. I don't have high hopes for Detroit, but hopefully NE is our start.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Marrone, whose job is on the line, has decided to start a QB that had to be coaxed out of retirement with a Brink's truck about a month ago, a QB whom Marrone was so against signing that he went ballistic on his GM in front of his players.

Yep, we're 25% of the way through another Bills season.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Doug Marrone, whose job is on the line, has decided to start a QB that had to be coaxed out of retirement with a Brink's truck about a month ago, a QB whom Marrone was so against signing that he went ballistic on his GM in front of his players.

Was there any confirmation for that being the cause rather than something Florio pulled out of his butt? It struck me as implausible at the time, and even more so now.

I'm just curious, mayeb I missed it, but was that the arguement back before the season? That Marrone didn't want Orton (I don't recall)? Because now, he's saying it was his decision to bench EJ for Orton (he made the decisison and told Whaley about it).

So, that all kinda doesn't add up.

That was my point. Then what? Another, coach new staff with new schemes. What a mess. Pulling the plug after four games was knee jerk.

I'm just curious, mayeb I missed it, but was that the arguement back before the season? That Marrone didn't want Orton (I don't recall)? Because now, he's saying it was his decision to bench EJ for Orton (he made the decisison and told Whaley about it).

So, that all kinda doesn't add up.

Maybe this is linked to the explosion on the practice field. When Marone found out they signed Orton, he went ballistic.

I don't think that is why Marrone went ballistic. I think he was upset about the play of his then backups.

Maybe this is linked to the explosion on the practice field. When Marone found out they signed Orton, he went ballistic.

Yeah, I remember all the talk about him going ballistic about the time Orton was brought in. And the specualtion it was about the QBs. But, I don't recall that it was confirmed that Marrone DIDN'T want Orton. Because, if that's the case, then he's either had a big change of heart now or he's lieing about it being his decision to bench EJ.

With all the weapons on this team, there's no reason why a QB can't throw for 300+ yards a game and score at least 20-25 points. Manuel was so bad with his inaccuracy and his decisions that he was hurting the Bills.

Yes, the Bills team is so talented any QB should be able to do what no QB has ever done.

I've been a EJ supporter - at least a cautiously optimistic one - all along. But he was flat our horrible yesterday.

If you had to blame one player for Texans the loss, it would have to be him, hands down.

I was actually thinking of kayaking next weekend or something less painful than watching the Bills. But, with Orton under center, I'll be joining my fellow Bills Backers in Seattle after all.

Orton's now had enough time now to learn the offense and will give us a better chance to win.

Hopefully EJ learns while riding the pine, a la Aaron Rodgers.

How to waste a QB in under a season for dummies:

1. Draft QB with loads of potential that needs work for a year.

2. Start him straight away.

3. Make him run so he gets injured.

4. Make him run again after he returns so he can reinjury himself.

5. Have him do offseason surgery.

6. Claim you are all in to win.

7. Bench your rookie QB after 4 games in the second season for a career total of 14 games.

All we can do at this point is HOPE that Orton can be a competent game managing QB (and that the rest of the team is as good as most of us think it is). This coming game would be a tough one for any QB, much less one who has never started for his team, so I'm not expecting miracles on Sunday. As someone else said the Patriots and Jets games will be more telling. Too bad, I liked EJ and really wanted him to be successful. If Orton sucks after 3 games (or gets injured) we might yet see him again. For now, despite many saying it is unlikely - let's hope Orton can ride a reborn Buffalo beast to some wins!