Analysis of every EJ snap through 3 weeks - per Chris Trapasso

YoloinOhio

Interesting. EJ is a young QB. He is a work in progress and not a finished product. While there is room for improvement, I do agree that he appears to be headed in the right direction. If we can get better protection up the middle in particular, that should help EJ both in time and space as well as his development.

As frustrating as it may be to some, we really have to give EJ some time to see his development.

Well, I certainly like what he's saying. He claims to have looked at every play. I would have liked to see some firmer statistics on each section. I would also be helpful to compare him to 3-4 other successful QBs at this stage of their career. EJs number probably look better than Tannihill (3rd year) and Geno in a side-by-side/

Well, I certainly like what he's saying. He claims to have looked at every play. I would have liked to see some firmer statistics on each section. I would also be helpful to compare him to 3-4 other successful QBs at this stage of their career. EJs number probably look better than Tannihill (3rd year) and Geno in a side-by-side/

He did this over the summer to compare the rookies of 2013 to other rookie QBs of previous years (and set the 2014 rookie expectations), if that helps:

The Rookie QB Expectation Model

http://rotoviz.com/2014/07/johnny-manziel-teddy-bridgewater-and-doing-the-math-on-rookie-quarterback-expectations/?utm_content=buffer040bb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

He did this over the summer to compare the rookies of 2013 to other rookie QBs of previous years (and set the 2014 rookie expectations), if that helps:

http://rotoviz.com/2014/07/johnny-manziel-teddy-bridgewater-and-doing-the-math-on-rookie-quarterback-expectations/?utm_content=buffer040bb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

This along with the OP are great reads. Thank you guys. :)

Through 3 Games, EJ Manuel is trending upward

by Chris Trapasso on September 24, 2014

http://www.trendingb...rending-upward/

For those unfamiliar with Trapasso, he is a contributor to NFL.com and other NFL-related sites who does a lot of analysis on teams and players.

I wish he would stick to this instead of trying to break or pass on news.

I thought EJ sucked as a rookie? That's what I keep reading here. :rolleyes:

Yes it true.... But the expertise you'll find here knows better than meaningless stats. They have "it" factor detectors, a metric for eye speed, and an ocular appraisal tool known as the "eyeball test".

So yeah he must suck, hopelessly beyond recourse.

This thread inspired me to come up with a new Bills slogan, to be printed above every RWS entrance.

"BUFFALO BILLS: TRENDING UPWARD SINCE THE NEW MILLENIUM"

Hey, with this "insight" and $4.50, you can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Please tell me what you are trying to say here....because I seriously dont get it

Through 3 Games, EJ Manuel is trending upward

by Chris Trapasso on September 24, 2014

http://www.trendingb...rending-upward/

For those unfamiliar with Trapasso, he is a contributor to NFL.com and other NFL-related sites who does a lot of analysis on teams and players.

Trapasso is a certified idiot. Rabid Bills fan posing as a journalist wannabe.

http://rotoviz.com/2...campaign=buffer

This is interesting and shows that EJ is slightly above the mean. However; I would think you would remove QBs who clearly were not competent starters and failed to secure a long term spot. My reasoning is the goal is to see what a QB who turned into a starter number's looked like and base your comparison on those. One could also do the opposite and show what a bad drafts picks numbers would be closer to.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Yeah they were having a real problem stopping the twists and stunts the Chargers were bringing

I hope they can "right the ship" on this issue. Defenses now have the blue print on how to defend the Bills in the trenches. The scary part, it may not be coachable due to the lack of athletesism at the gaurd position. Pears is just not quick enough to see the delayed blitz and was beaten time after time.

Trapasso is a certified idiot. Rabid Bills fan posing as a journalist wannabe.

Did he slap your mom or something?