AP could be traded; UPDATE: will be active week 3,more allegations

YoloinOhio

I'm not saying I condone what Peterson did, but we haven't wised up.

Yeah, I guess you're right I don't know what...wait a sec, I've just been informed that one of my slaves hasn't gone and dumped the barrels of toxic waste into the river like I told him a million times. I've got to go give him 50 lashes. I'll brb.

Okay, back now. It's funny, on my way back to my computer I passed my daughter who was crying about being forced to marry somebody she didn't love in order to strengthen our family. She said she'd rather go to college. Can you imagine that, a woman in college?! Hah. Start giving in to them and next thing you know they'll want to vote! I hope her future husband has a firmer hand with her than me, I tend to be too nice when it comes to her.

Anyway, as I was saying, you are most definitely correct, we haven't wizened up, I don't know what I was thinking.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously!? Because he whipped his kid with a "switch?" How many of us were disciplined with a belt when we were growing up? The charges against him are pathetic, IMO.

My ol' man used to hit me with a belt. I didn't wear a belt until my late 20's, couldn't face the physical item. I carried a lot of rage from being belted. Started with a belt, ended with fists. Don't hit your kids, I get it, there's frustration parenting, but walk outside, vent, come back in and try and parent without the violence.

If you hit someone else to the point of bruising them up/making them bleed, then you'd get charged with assault.

If you beat your kid to that point, it's just discipline...

Yeah, sorry buddy... just because our parents did it (my dad beat the hell out of me until one day I fought back and gave him a concussion), doesn't mean they were right to do so.

You know that is really good way of putting it. It doesn't matter it was his kid. He assaulted a person and cause them injuries. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Seriously!? Because he whipped his kid with a "switch?" How many of us were disciplined with a belt when we were growing up? The charges against him are pathetic, IMO.

I was hit with a belt also but this is a 4 year old who suffered open cuts because of it. I was smacked a few times as a kid but this seems a bit too much considering the wounds the boy suffered.

If you grew up with your dad beating your mom, then it's ok for you as a grown man to beat your wife?

The belt was always hanging in the kitchen and I felt it enough to become a respectful person.

And I don't condone bloodying the kid - that's too far.

But to lose your job over it is simply ridiculous.

Edited by BuffalOhio

I was also skeptical about the AP indictment until I saw the photographs. I won't post them here for obvious reasons. I promise, if you see the photographs of that 4 year old child it will change your perspective. Adrian Peterson should do jail time, IMO.

Imposing physical punishment is one thing. Hell, I took a few good "whoopins" as a child. What he did was cruel, inhumane, and downright criminal.

damn straight.

IF AP repeatedly whipped his son with a switch then I have an issue. IF he gave him one maybe two swipes w/no blood drawn, I have no problem with it.

Belts, wooden spoons and paddles!!!

and the fake outrage is too much

If you never had to spank your child....

you weren't paying close enough attention to them,.

damn straight.

IF AP repeatedly whipped his son with a switch then I have an issue. IF he gave him one maybe two swipes w/no blood drawn, I have no problem with it.

It was 10-15 times, the skin was broken, and the wounds were very visible a week later.

damn straight.

If you never had to spank your child....

you weren't paying close enough attention to them,.

This is not meant to insult you, but advanced studies in psychology have changed the way we live. There is a difference between spanking your child and beating him until he bleeds. If you cant see the difference, that is concerning.

The belt was always hanging in the kitchen and I felt it enough to become a respectful person.

And I don't condone bloodying the kid - that's too far.

But to lose your job over it is simply ridiculous.

Let me ask you. If your kid were to come home with those marks on him from another persons house. How would you feel?

Cowboys

Remember the Jerry Jones/Adrian Peterson "tampering" dustup a week or two ago? After AP has served his NFL penance, he may very well get his wish to play for the Cowboys

Jerruh Jones cut the branch from the tree and handed it to Adrian. Said, 'beat the crap out of one of your kids and the Vikes will have to let you go, pick the smallest kid." Jerruh also taught Ray Rice how to box.

Hey buddy, I'm not too familiar with AP's situation, but I agree that you shouldn't beat your kid to the point of drawing blood. But a kid MAY get bruises/black & blue marks after a beating. And of course the latter should NOT be a regular thing.

So it should just be the occasional bruises/black and blue marks on a 4 year old? Yikes.

Folks: if you want to understand why the NFL hasn't taken domestic violence seriously up until now (and why Rice got a 2 game suspension), read John's posts in this thread. Sadly there is still a huge segment of our society that thinks beating women and children is just a normal everyday part of life and no big deal. The NFL attitude until now has sadly reflected this mentality. Thankfully that's about to change, at least for the NFL. Now we just need the criminal justice system to do likewise.

Yes, I certainly was a time or two....the thing is, hitting the kid hard enough to leaving those kind of markings is wrong......I think an open hand is enough...don't need to do the switch things...thats real old school. Of course, the Divorsed mother, anything to keep the kid away from AP, I am thinking. Bad situation, and I don't think the criminal courts are the place to sort out, some sort of other non judicial process is in order....

This is not meant to insult you, but advanced studies in psychology have changed the way we live. There is a difference between spanking your child and beating him until he bleeds. If you cant see the difference, that is concerning.

Let me ask you. If your kid were to come home with those marks on him from another persons house. How would you feel?

my apologies for not reading fully up on this topic before my post.

There is a behavioral problem in the NFL with their players, just like there are behavioral problems in society.

people can change for the better or for the worse as fame sets in.

I had only heard that he hit him, I didn't hear how many or how bad.

one good smack on the butt never hurt anyone

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever