AP could be traded; UPDATE: will be active week 3,more allegations

YoloinOhio

Back in my day, we didn't just get disciplined physically by our parents. Any adult could deal out corporal punishment and it was pretty well accepted.

I remember one day when Mr. Dinsdale caught me playing in the front yard, grabbed me by the arm and says 'I hear you've been a naughty boy, Billy'. He proceeds to split my nostrils open, saws my leg off and pulls my liver out. And I tell him 'My name's not Billy', and then he loses his temper and nails my head to the floor.

Broke the unwritten law, he says. Never did find out what it was, but if Dinsdale said I did it then its good enough for me. He was a cruel man, but fair.

Spoken in a British accent makes it all sound reasonable does it not ?

Thanks for the humor break !

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an interesting look at corporal punishment, compiled and written in January. It's probably kind of long to hold most ADD attention spans, but it's a good read.

http://www.scienceba...parenting-fail/

I was gonna say that.

But seriously.

Discipline at one point was left to the parents discretion . And thats fine.

But physical and emotional damage should never be the result of correcting a child .

And fearing for your life as a 4 year old knows it , is obviously wrong.

I could make a four year old cry with a look . and even thats too much. Yes i am a parent of 4 grown children so i have some idea of what works .

Its a defenseless child . who may have no idea what the hell is even going on.

Stuff like this is EXACTLY what messes folks up. Yes i saw it and read the statements. Obviously AP was raised hard and is still pissed about it

:(

@SportsCenter: BREAKING: Adrian Peterson is accused of injuring a different 4-year-old son to point of facial scarring. No charges were filed. (via @KHOU)

@ProFootballTalk: Second Adrian Peterson child abuse case involves alleged head wound, scar http://t.co/X1oWhSkLUf

@DanWetzel: Here's the new Adrian Peterson child abuse allegation story from @KHOU http://t.co/GSalwSq8P0

Carter can't be happy about his team anymore. Simply terrible. How is what Peterson did not equivalent to what Rice did? In my opinion, what Peterson did is far worse. Sure, two different things happened, but both are beyond sick/wrong.

And let me add this has to open a small window for Rice. If it's okay for Peterson to continue playing, why is it not okay for Rice to play? Of course I feel both should be banned from the NFL for life. Just saying Peterson's possible slap on the wrist will make it easier for Rice to get back in the NFL.

Edited by thanes16

A Minnesota message board (similar to TBD) has shut down over this.

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Shut down

Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.

1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

2. We will not give a voice to those who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, !@#$s.

edit: we have replaced the word "thugs" with "those" to avoid any potential racial connotation. it wasn't intended and appears to be distracting from the real message that child abuse is never okay.

Edited by Captain Caveman

That story last year where his baby son who he didn't know existed previously was laying in the hospital dying and he visited him, then went to practice as he died (ironically from child abuse at the hands of the baby mama's boyfriend) - seemed weird at the time and even weirder now.

Carter can't be happy about his team anymore. Simply terrible. How is what Peterson did not equivalent to what Rice did? In my opinion, what Peterson did is far worse. Sure, two different things happened, but both are beyond sick/wrong.

And let me add this has to open a small window for Rice. If it's okay for Peterson to continue playing, why is it not okay for Rice to play? Of course I feel both should be banned from the NFL for life. Just saying Peterson's possible slap on the wrist will make it easier for Rice to get back in the NFL.

Why?

That story last year where his baby son who he didn't know existed previously was laying in the hospital dying and he visited him, then went to practice as he died (ironically from child abuse at the hands of the baby mama's boyfriend) - seemed weird at the time and even weirder now.

Yeah I remember thinking, this dude is cold. He seems like a good guy because he has a friendly looking face, but if you ever listen closely to him in any interview he's a troubled person that is completely self absorbed. I think he's in huge trouble.

Seriously? I think that's pathetic.

It's pathetic that they take a stand for what they believe?

No.

Just no.

We're talking about drawing blood in dozens of places on a 4-year-old boy.

They're perfectly justified in taking a stand against an organization that supports that type of behavior.

:(

@SportsCenter: BREAKING: Adrian Peterson is accused of injuring a different 4-year-old son to point of facial scarring. No charges were filed. (via @KHOU)

Gee, sure would be nice if people were even 10% as pissed off about that as they are about how many games Roger Goodell may or may not suspend him! :wallbash:

It's pathetic that they take a stand for what they believe?

No.

Just no.

We're talking about drawing blood in dozens of places on a 4-year-old boy.

They're perfectly justified in taking a stand against an organization that supports that type of behavior.

I'm not defending AP. I'm ridiculing idiots for taking an idiotic stand. They're not standing up against child abuse and they're not doing dick **** to prevent future child abuse. They're just a bunch of easily led morons who are jumping on a pop-culture bandwagon.