AP could be traded; UPDATE: will be active week 3,more allegations

YoloinOhio

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not defending AP. I'm ridiculing idiots for taking an idiotic stand. They're not standing up against child abuse and they're not doing dick **** to prevent future child abuse. They're just a bunch of easily led morons who are jumping on a pop-culture bandwagon.

Either that, or, you know, what they said in the quote above.

You seem really, really cynical if you're this upset about a message board being shut down.

Gee, sure would be nice if people were even 10% as pissed off about that as they are about how many games Roger Goodell may or may not suspend him! :wallbash:

Funny how those on the new outrage kick didn't boycott when Big Ben wasn't suspended. I guess the TV hadn't yet told them that's what was expected of the league.

Funny how those on the new outrage kick didn't boycott when Big Ben wasn't suspended. I guess the TV hadn't yet told them that's what was expected of the league.

I suppose they might have if there was video of Ben raping someone or photos of the women full of scars.

Either that, or, you know, what they said in the quote above.

You seem really, really cynical if you're this upset about a message board being shut down.

I couldn't care less about a Vikings message board. I'm upset that the culture I live in is becoming so irrationally and emotionally driven to mob mentality on a regular basis. I'm also bothered by the realization that what appears to be a majority of grown men tend to think and act like 13 year old girls.

Ben was suspended, as I recall. Even though there was no proof he did what the woman claimed.

I'm not talking about the league's actions, I'm talking about the fan response.

From the article:

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

This went on for a while, it was the second accusation, and no league or team action was taken until a full police and league investigation was done.

The ink hasn't dried on the AP story and people are lauding the bravery of some self-righteous dipshits who are shutting down their Vikings website b/c they have the audacity to try to win football games pending the outcome. It's patently absurd.

Edited by Rob's House

They may not be doing "dick ****" about it but it is their board that they spend money to operate and maintain. They seem to be willing to continue to spend their money to support a team that, on their opinion, isn't handling this situation in a manner that they feel is correct. If this was the Bills, I could understand Scott doing the exact same thing.

I'm not defending AP. I'm ridiculing idiots for taking an idiotic stand. They're not standing up against child abuse and they're not doing dick **** to prevent future child abuse. They're just a bunch of easily led morons who are jumping on a pop-culture bandwagon.

Edited by The Poojer

I couldn't care less about a Vikings message board. I'm upset that the culture I live in is becoming so irrationally and emotionally driven to mob mentality on a regular basis. I'm also bothered by the realization that what appears to be a majority of grown men tend to think and act like 13 year old girls.

It's nice to know that there is at least a few other rational, logical thinkers out there. I tip my hat to you, sir.