AP could be traded; UPDATE: will be active week 3,more allegations

YoloinOhio

At the end of the day, opinions are like a##holes - everyone's got one and they all stink.

The eventual outcome of AP's transgressions will inevitably be judged in the court of public opinion (OJ anyone?). But this aside, it will ultimately be decided by whoever has the higher priced legal team (too bad no planted gloves here or racist cops named Furman to help muddy the outcome).

Ah American - where we talk about justice, freedom, and the American Dream and yet the reality is frequently quite different. Guess I better stop here before this goes to the PPP board

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, opinions are like a##holes - everyone's got one and they all stink.

The eventual outcome of AP's transgressions will inevitably be judged in the court of public opinion (OJ anyone?). But this aside, it will ultimately be decided by whoever has the higher priced legal team (too bad no planted gloves here or racist cops named Furman to help muddy the outcome).

Ah American - where we talk about justice, freedom, and the American Dream and yet the reality is frequently quite different. Guess I better stop here before this goes to the PPP board

Comparing a double homicide to an instance of child abuse? I don't think AP will need to break the bank and bring Johnny Cochran back from the dead to determine whether he gets 10 hours of community service or just 6 months probation for his transgression.

I do not support what Adrian Peterson did to his 4 year old son, but IMO there is quite a bit of overdone sanctimonious outrage. There are so many more issues in this country that could easily spark outrage, but I'm sure many are just silent bystanders on those. People should get down from the high horse of moral outrage and take a look in other places where their righteous indignation could be channeled to make an actual difference on any number of challenges facing this country. Descent from soapbox now completed.

IF the NFL lets him play. Expect a giant lawsuit from Ray Rice.

No grounds. Rice has a legal judgement against him. AP does not at this point, has just been indicted.

They never are. He who is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone. The best part is Nike's immoral practices are so well-documented, it's almost common knowledge. Yet, here we are debating AP punishing his kid with the intent to benefit his child, while Nike works thousands of children in sweatshops for a nickel. If only there was a video!

Ask and you shall receive:

Actually you agreeing with the Vikings trying to win football games with no regard to the child abuse allegations is pretty absurd. but i guess I am part of the mob that thinks child abusers should not be allowed in the NFL just as they are not allowed in the worfkorce. Man my morals are effed...

Dude, if you were indicted on a charge, would you want due process to take place before you were judged and evicted, or would it be good with you to get your ass canned based on allegations?

There are several players with convictions for domestic violence or legal proceedings for same playing in the NFL as we speak, is that OK with you?

No grounds. Rice has a legal judgement against him. AP does not at this point, has just been indicted.

Dude, if you were indicted on a charge, would you want due process to take place before you were judged and evicted, or would it be good with you to get your ass canned based on allegations?

There are several players with convictions for domestic violence or legal proceedings for same playing in the NFL as we speak, is that OK with you?

Everyone hates due process until they are the one getting charged.

But, but think of the children! Jeesh, what if it was your child?! Think about it from a mothers perspective or from a womans perspective. Don't be so chauvinistic! :nana:

Yeah, I guess you're right I don't know what...wait a sec, I've just been informed that one of my slaves hasn't gone and dumped the barrels of toxic waste into the river like I told him a million times. I've got to go give him 50 lashes. I'll brb.

Okay, back now. It's funny, on my way back to my computer I passed my daughter who was crying about being forced to marry somebody she didn't love in order to strengthen our family. She said she'd rather go to college. Can you imagine that, a woman in college?! Hah. Start giving in to them and next thing you know they'll want to vote! I hope her future husband has a firmer hand with her than me, I tend to be too nice when it comes to her.

Anyway, as I was saying, you are most definitely correct, we haven't wizened up, I don't know what I was thinking.

You do realize there are families in this country which don't believe in women going to college or even dating, and believe instead the father should choose the husband? This is part of their religious belief system. Hmmm, this is a bit backwards from your scenario, but I think it makes the point.

You do realize there are places in the world where people are hereditary slaves (their children are slaves), and have no recourse to harsh treatment? *rummage* rummage* here

We in fact haven't wizened up

I couldn't care less about a Vikings message board. I'm upset that the culture I live in is becoming so irrationally and emotionally driven to mob mentality on a regular basis. I'm also bothered by the realization that what appears to be a majority of grown men tend to think and act like 13 year old girls.

Oddly enough, I get to spend a lot of quality time with 13 year old girls. They're pretty clear thinking and can express themselves pretty well, on the whole.

On behalf of 13 year old girls in this country, I protest your analogy.

Arian Foster with da truth!

http://deadspin.com/...l-is-1635578839

light shines on a dogs ass from time to time, too. doesn't make him any smarter. Foster has a good point, one little tiny good point, about an alcohol company being hypocritical.

but, the alcohol doesn't cause the actions of the user nor is its use caused by the company. a billion people are drinking a beer right now; how many of them are going to do something illegal or are already doing it?

foster should stfu, like the rest of the national media and everyone else about this entire DV issue.

light shines on a dogs ass from time to time, too. doesn't make him any smarter. Foster has a good point, one little tiny good point, about an alcohol company being hypocritical.

but, the alcohol doesn't cause the actions of the user nor is its use caused by the company. a billion people are drinking a beer right now; how many of them are going to do something illegal or are already doing it?

foster should stfu, like the rest of the national media and everyone else about this entire DV issue.

He's exactly right that the "stance" these companies are taking is crap. Completely self-interested crap. And people will praise them for being brave, when in reality, they're acting only in their own self-interest. Is a man a hero if he saves the life of a billionaire to get a few bucks?

He's exactly right that the "stance" these companies are taking is crap. Completely self-interested crap. And people will praise them for being brave, when in reality, they're acting only in their own self-interest. Is a man a hero if he saves the life of a billionaire to get a few bucks?

no one gives a crap was that company or any other company says. Hell, I bet Jif could make a statement that Hitler Did Nothing Wrong on Twitter and it would take a week before anyone says anything about it. The 4,649 followers of Jif would probably not even care.

They do this because they have to and if they do not they'll get some mooshmouth yenta hackling them for not supporting or disapproving of something or other and they'll end up on HLN ... yada yada yada.

In 5 minutes no one will remember Foster saying anything because already no one knows whatever beer company that is said something. If not for this, I bet maybe 4 people would have heard their statement. Foster created irony, we'll all now see it and hear about it because he had to just run his little mouth about because he is so important and original something he should just shut up about.

This country of sheeple and their mass hysteria like hive minded bubble needs to be burst and attacked by wolves.

no one gives a crap was that company or any other company says. Hell, I bet Jif could make a statement that Hitler Did Nothing Wrong on Twitter and it would take a week before anyone says anything about it. The 4,649 followers of Jif would probably not even care.

They do this because they have to and if they do not they'll get some mooshmouth yenta hackling them for not supporting or disapproving of something or other and they'll end up on HLN ... yada yada yada.

In 5 minutes no one will remember Foster saying anything because already no one knows whatever beer company that is said something. If not for this, I bet maybe 4 people would have heard their statement. Foster created irony, we'll all now see it and hear about it because he had to just run his little mouth about because he is so important and original something he should just shut up about.

This country of sheeple and their mass hysteria like hive minded bubble needs to be burst and attacked by wolves.

I think you're wrong. I think millions of social media warriors are pumped that the sponsors have made statements.

Adrian Peterson is and FOREVER will be a child abuser. The pictures don't lie. Their is nothing he can do to change this. Ray Rice is a women beater, and Aaron Hernandez was murderer. The league is tainted.

If Goodell believed so much in "honoring" the shield he'd shut AP down, and allow his indicted soon to be fellon get a speedy trial.

I think you're wrong. I think millions of social media warriors are pumped that the sponsors have made statements.

Yep, because millions of nerds in basements really have a lot of say so in the world.

Nerds in the basement should thank alcohol, its likely the only reason they get laid.

Anyway...

Social Media Warriors. Crap. I hate you. That is a term I never wanted to know or think of or believe possible. But, now you introduced it and I hate you for it.

Social media warriors. Can we let them fight Isis or Ebola? It'd be win/win.

Yep, because millions of nerds in basements really have a lot of say so in the world.

Nerds in the basement should thank alcohol, its likely the only reason they get laid.

Anyway...

Social Media Warriors. Crap. I hate you. That is a term I never wanted to know or think of or believe possible. But, now you introduced it and I hate you for it.

Social media warriors. Can we let them fight Isis or Ebola? It'd be win/win.

Don't worry. We can settle our score week 8.