To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

What do people think of EJ's refusal to run? He seems perfectly happy to pick up 2 yards and get out of bounds, no matter the down and distance.

If he's going to make it in the NFL, he needs to use that big body and athleticism to generate some yards on the ground. Instead, he's focused on not getting injured.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do people think of EJ's refusal to run? He seems perfectly happy to pick up 2 yards and get out of bounds, no matter the down and distance.

If he's going to make it in the NFL, he needs to use that big body and athleticism to generate some yards on the ground. Instead, he's focused on not getting injured.

I think he is trying to stay on the field at all costs....I dont know if that is the coaches telling him to do that or self preservation.....but he knows how much getting hurt 3 different times last year hurt his development.

This is a prime example of ridiculous exaggeration that does nothing to foster an atmosphere of honest discussion and debate.

Yeah I should have read that closer....that was just bait material

I wonder how much of it is coaches insistence he not take any hits since our backup QB has been with the team for 3 weeks.

I refuse to read through all this crap. But I will say EJ played a pretty poor game today. A definite step backwards, in may respects.

Would I hang the loss on EJ? No, this was a team loss. The entire team looked flat coming out. (For whatever it's worth, the crowd wasn't particularly loud or excited today, right from the start. What happened?)

EJ did show progress in one area though. He managed to slide in the pocket and escape a few times, tossing a couple of completions. That's fairly new for him. But overall, he played a rather disappointing game. I'm still reserving judgment and understand he is a work in progress.

I refuse to read through all this crap. But I will say EJ played a pretty poor game today. A definite step backwards, in may respects.

Would I hang the loss on EJ? No, this was a team loss. The entire team looked flat coming out. (For whatever it's worth, the crowd wasn't particularly loud or excited today, right from the start. What happened?)

EJ did show progress in one area though. He managed to slide in the pocket and escape a few times, tossing a couple of completions. That's fairly new for him. But overall, he played a rather disappointing game. I'm still reserving judgment and understand he is a work in progress.

Well said. I'm sure there are folks pumping their chest because EJ struggled today.

EJ certainly didn't play well but there was plenty of blame to good around. What makes a qb into a good one is the ability to bounce back after a bad game. Let's see how EJ bounces back.

And those Watkins' bombs are just missing. Hit a few of those, we are changing games.

I take issue with mods using the word "apologist"

I used to take umbrage to the word "apologist" as you do. I ended up looking up the word in the dictionary and realized that it is the correct descriptive word for the situation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apologist?s=t

1. a person who makes a defense in speech or writing of a belief, idea, etc

As people are defending against the concept that EJ can be call a bust at this point in his career, apologist is simply the dictionary definition of those people.

I really don't know what dictionary definition would be for people who preemptively draw conclusions and then dogmatically argue them(causing the need for apologists).

I used to take umbrage to the word "apologist" as you do. I ended up looking up the word in the dictionary and realized that it is the correct descriptive word for the situation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apologist?s=t

As people are defending against the concept that EJ can be call a bust at this point in his career, apologist is simply the dictionary definition of those people.

I really don't know what dictionary definition would be for people who preemptively draw conclusions and then dogmatically argue them(causing the need for apologists).

You always crush it.

The entire team looked flat coming out. (For whatever it's worth, the crowd wasn't particularly loud or excited today, right from the start. What happened?)

I'm no psychomalologist, but as last week was such an emotionally charged week(has there ever been a bigger one?) for everyone involved......a flat followup perhaps shouldn't have been totally unexpected(for players and fans alike).

http://dictionary.re...e/apologist?s=t

I would be ok if that was how THEY meant it to be

Somehow I dont think it is

Look.....I am sure everyone loves this team in their own way......I happen to think that what is best for business is this 1st round pick needs to work out which is why we need to have a little patience....recognize that he is in fact improving........give this some time.

Trust me.....whether you love or hate EJ you DONT want to see a backup QB coming into the game hoping they are going to provide the solution......Orton will not there is a reason why he is a backup QB......he will win some games yes....then we will start to see what causes this guy to bounce around the league as a back up quarterback. THe fact of the matter is there are not enough good qbs to go around.

We are much better off homegrowing our own talent there. EJ Manuel is the QB....get behind him and hope for the best.

I would be ok if that was how THEY meant it to be

Somehow I dont think it is

I definitely agree. It seems aparent that a majority who use the word are intending it to be some sort of insult......which is really weird. It would be like calling the guy that does your accounts "an accountant"(meaning it in a negative way).

It could be worse......they could have chosen to misuse the word "rationalist" in a similar manner. ^_^

I definitely agree. It seems aparent that a majority who use the word are intending it to be some sort of insult......which is really weird. It would be like calling the guy that does your accounts "an accountant"(meaning it in a negative way).

It could be worse......they could have chosen to misuse the word "rationalist" in a similar manner. ^_^

Really weird? That people understand the word as it is commonly used in modern English language? As in synonymous with "campaigner, propagandist, cheerleader"?

You're being more than a little disingenuous....

In many peoples' minds, apologist means someone who tries to deflect blame from someone or make excuses for that person. Obviously that isn't the correct use of the word. Be that as it may, one thing has remained constant, when EJ has a good game, the EJ is the man apologists use that game as proof he is worth the 1 round pick he cost. When he has a bad game, the EJ sucks apologists use that game as proof he's a bust. All I know is that today the Bills lost a winnable HOME game, never ever a good thing and given their schedule, they really could have used a win today. I also think it is becoming clearer that the question of whether EJ is or is not the man is becoming increasingly less clear, which is not a good thing. The lack of any consistency in downfield throws coupled with a general lack of accuracy is very disturbing however, and the longer those problems remain unresolved, the less likely they will ever be resolved.

Edited by IronyAbounds

He's smart

His teammates respect him

Good leadership

His decision making isn't there but that can be fixed

The thing that worries me is his accuracy. Doesn't have a great deep ball and misses too many throws that should be there

The wind was howling today. It appeared as if he was trying to put too much finesse on the ball. He needs to use that arm on days like today.