Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be negotiated or bought out since the series is on hiatus for only this season.

That's what I thought too, although the idea of Pegula and/or his people sitting down with Rogers/MLSE to negotiate an end to this series is interesting, to say the least.

My guess is that the Toronto group will gladly agree to end the series without much discussion since the whole idea of it from their end was to move the team there eventually. After all, if they agree to end it they don't have to pay Pegula any money for the games that nobody wants to go to and now serve no purpose.

Edited by TheFunPolice

It has to be negotiated or bought out since the series is on hiatus for only this season.

Since I'm not a season ticket holder (tough to be one in Florida with my income), but I would think we might want to give them as many preseason games as they can take.

The seats in the front office have gotten warmer today. The days of Ralph Wilson hiring guys that were not up to the job are over. Mr. Pegula will bring his front office people and hope the Bills make a run to a Superbowl soon.

He already got rid of readable fonts!

That's what I thought too, although the idea of Pegula and/or his people sitting down with Rogers/MLSE to negotiate an end to this series is interesting, to say the least.

My guess is that the Toronto group will gladly agree to end the series without much discussion since the whole idea of it from their end was to move the team there eventually. After all, if they agree to end it they don't have to pay Pegula any money for the games that nobody wants to go to and now serve no purpose.

Yeah, I think you nailed this one.

I believe that is exactly what I am saying. but I;m trying to make a larger point.

Being bought by "a celebrity" really isn't a story by any journalistic standard. But it would be reported differently and far more aggressively, with or without press conferences.

Once it is official, and Pegula starts actually speaking to the press (if he even decides to do much) it will be old news,. I predicts this will never be a big story.

Pegula buying the Sabres is a completely different, as nobody even knew about it until it became official (at least that is my recollection). This has been publicly discussed and followed from the beginning. . Hell, the first story about Trump bidding and a few about JBJ got more national press than the actual sale.

But once again, I'm trying to point out, it's a good thing. A big story only happens when it is bad news, or if a "celebrity" buys the team.

Its going to be huge news in a month. All the owners will interview, the Bills will interview, the Pegulas will interview. It will be all over the place. New owner voted in is always huge news.

Pegula signed a letter of intent to buy the Sabres in November 2010. It didnt become official and there were no interviews until February 2011. We partied for 3 months. Then when the interviews started we got even more excited. Same will happen here except its the Buffalo Bills so multiply it by 100. Its going to be a huge day. I can see them waiting until after the Oct 26th game. Then the bye week. I bet that is when they introduce the Pegulas to the NFL world.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I'm so glad - this brings tears to my eyes. I've been a fan since I was 10 years old in 1968, I'm now 55. I started wondering if I would ever see the Buffalo Bills win the Superbowl in my lifetime. Then the worst thing I could imagine looked like it could happen - the movement of the Bills to another city, prematurely crushing that lifelong dream. That concern has now been removed, like a big dark cloud blown away forever. Thanks Mary! Add to that an owner who appears to be deeply committed to winning and frankly - my optimism has never been higher. On to the dream!!!

I agree. It's best for both parties.

No one will ever have to worry about Pegula spending $$$. When it comes to coaching/front office staff, I don't expect anymore Marrone type hires while ignoring bigger established names.

Marrone was a highly-touted hire. And more than a few established big names have failed.

The seats in the front office have gotten warmer today. The days of Ralph Wilson hiring guys that were not up to the job are over. Mr. Pegula will bring his front office people and hope the Bills make a run to a Superbowl soon.

I don't see anyone at present on the hot seat except for Littman and Overdorf.

I love it that all of the global warming, tree hugging, whinny liberal politicians have chimed in praising Pegulia. He made his money fracking for oil!!! Pegulia is a green house gas monster in their eyes. Hypocritical to say the least. hahahahahah. The Buffalo News loves Pegulia, but hates fracking.

At least some of us are consistent. I think fracking can save this state... Through Pegulia, it has saved Buffalo already. We could be income tax free like Alaska.

GO Bills... Keep fracking,Terry! Make as much money as you can (this is America after all)... so you can buy stadiums and a new downtown and a Super Bowl win.

I hope Terry Pegulia makes billions more.. he has shown us he pays it forward! :thumbsup:

Edited by Iraq Vet

I love it that all of the global warming, tree hugging, whinny liberal politicians have chimed in praising Pegulia. He made his money fracking for oil!!! Pegulia is a green house gas monster in their eyes. Hypocritical to say the least. hahahahahah. The Buffalo News loves Pegulia, but hates fracking.

At least some of us are consistent. I think fracking can save this state... Through Pegulia, it has saved Buffalo already. We could be income tax free like Alaska.

GO Bills... Keep fracking,Terry! Make as much money as you can (this is America after all)... so you can buy stadiums and a new downtown and a Super Bowl win.

I hope Terry Pegulia makes billions more.. he has shown us he pays it forward! :thumbsup:

I don't know if Terry is even staying in the fracking business. He's certainly diversifying his interests. And yes, burning carbon fuels is bad. But no one is stopping so what are you going to do? We'll all be dead before the Earth is totally f##ked by it so let our kids deal with it, right?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Wow, is this tone deaf or what? Natural gas is a cleaner-burning fuel and much better for the environment, and hence as a greenhouse gas it's secondary for environmentalists; the much larger concern is the compounds used in the tracking water, and the potential that they'll make it into the water that we all drink, and that ecosystems depend upon. These are proprietary and the knowledge of what's in them is not available to the public. In any case, many people are not specifically anti-fracking but pro-transparency when it comes to the resources we all need. That includes outdoorsmen like hunters and fishermen who aren't necessarily under the "green" tent. It ain't as black and white as anyone who would use the phrase "tree-hugger" would like to believe.

Regardless, I am glad to see that money be put back into WNY, and I can divorce my environmental interests from the on the political / regulatory front. On that latter front, I simply hope that we all make very careful decisions about where we go in looking for a sustainable and diverse array of fuels to propel our growth as a nation, and the public should be fully informed.

PS - Go Bills, and let's keep talk on this board about the Bills, mmkay?

Pompous Toronto Star douche reacts with nasty, personal attack against Buffalo.

As for Buffalo, Buffalo never wins. The Sabres, also owned by Pegula, have plummeted into the depths of rebuilding, and the Bills have the longest playoff drought in the NFL. Between the winters and the economy they know suffering in that town, which lost about 10 per cent of its population in the first 12 years after the Bills were last in the post-season. Buffalo is a Rust Belt town, and that means hope dying like the sun in winter.

Cheering for the Bills, appropriately, is a finely developed torture; there is always a trapdoor, a mistake, a Dick Jauron, a Ryan Fitzpatrick. Toronto knows failure, in sports and in municipal government. When you are a Bills fan hope is dangerous, and failure is reliable.

But winter isn’t here yet, and iconic ex-quarterback Jim Kelly is cancer free, and the Bills are 1-0, and they are staying home in the place where hope usually dies, piece by piece. Maybe more failure is inevitable. Probably, in fact. But not today.

http://www.thestar.c...hit_arthur.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

:thumbsup: Edited by negativo