Just how popular is Fred Jackson as a Buffalo Bill?

Tipster19

Just something that I was wondering, where does he rate among Bills' players, past or present? All I know is that whenever I see him play or hear him talk I feel good. That's especially needed since we haven't had too much success during his playing days here. One gets the feeling with Fred is that we're all in this together, that he's one of us. I've seen how wildly popular he is among the fan base, I can't remember ever hearing anyone criticize him, not even all the coaches that he has been through. Even past players like Marshawn Lynch likes and thinks highly of him as FJax has stayed loyal to us. I even think that after his playing days are done that there's a good chance that he stays in the community. I have appreciated him and am glad that he plays for us, he's a throwback kind of player. Not bad for someone who wasn't suppose to be here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wall of Fame type player. Not his fault he played on terrible teams. One of the all time great Bills

Just another Bill who never played anywhere else and never saw the playoffs in his entire Bills career. They should start a club of guys who were on no other active roster than the Bills (which tells you something right there) during the past 14 years. What a group. I'd like a list of those guys. I'll bet there a a lot of names on it. Too many. the longer the list , the more revealing it is.

Just something that I was wondering, where does he rate among Bills' players, past or present? All I know is that whenever I see him play or hear him talk I feel good. That's especially needed since we haven't had too much success during his playing days here. One gets the feeling with Fred is that we're all in this together, that he's one of us. I've seen how wildly popular he is among the fan base, I can't remember ever hearing anyone criticize him, not even all the coaches that he has been through. Even past players like Marshawn Lynch likes and thinks highly of him as FJax has stayed loyal to us. I even think that after his playing days are done that there's a good chance that he stays in the community. I have appreciated him and am glad that he plays for us, he's a throwback kind of player. Not bad for someone who wasn't suppose to be here.

I love Fred's heart, passion, and toughness. I know there have been many Bills who were born with more athletic ability, but he's one of my favorite Bills of all time. I feel for him and wish we could have been better in his time here. Hopefully we can get to the Playoffs before he retires, so he can have a little taste of what it's like in Buffalo when the Bills are winning. If he was born with just a little more speed he would have been a perennial top 5 back. I don't care where he ranks past or present I know where he ranks with me. Can you imagine how much worse it would have been, over 7-8 years, watching this team without him.I know some will disagree but, when he retires the Bills should put him on the Wall of Fame. I would like to thank Fred for all he has done for the Bills and the Community.

Fred X is a wonderful human being, father, husband, and Bill! He's way more than just a great Bill. He's a great role model and asset to the community. We're very lucky he's a Buffalo Bill. When he retires, which I hope is a lllloooonnnngg way off, his jersey should be retired and name of on the Wall of Fame. He should be as revered as much as the Bills we revere from the Super Bowl years. Shoot, I hope he's still on the roster when we win a Super Bowl.

Fred X is a wonderful human being, father, husband, and Bill! He's way more than just a great Bill. He's a great role model and asset to the community. We're very lucky he's a Buffalo Bill. When he retires, which I hope is a lllloooonnnngg way off, his jersey should be retired and name of on the Wall of Fame. He should be as revered as much as the Bills we revere from the Super Bowl years. Shoot, I hope he's still on the roster when we win a Super Bowl.

How do you know how good of a husband he is? Just curious.

Just another Bill who never played anywhere else and never saw the playoffs in his entire Bills career. They should start a club of guys who were on no other active roster than the Bills (which tells you something right there) during the past 14 years. What a group. I'd like a list of those guys. I'll bet there a a lot of names on it. Too many. the longer the list , the more revealing it is.

Can you possibly attempt to be anything other than doom and gloom and Mr. Negative? two straight threads I open and you're just all negative about this team. Lighten up. Stealing a posters name, Why so serious??

Edited by MarkAF43

How do you know how good of a husband he is? Just curious.

I think he is as well, but no real basis for that. However, I did tailgate next/with with his friends and family at the Dallas game few years back and they were all super nice, so I am assuming Fred is too Lol.

He's been my favorite Bill since he was a backup years ago. Even then you could see he acted with class and played with determination.

If he had played on a better team and stayed healthy, he would have been invited to multiple Pro Bowls. While his character is widely praised, I still think his talent is often underestimated.