New Respect For Brady

Rob's House

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever disliked Brady because he played on the team that has dominated us for years. But he's got my full respect. Him, and Manning, have been incredible over their respective runs.

Hopefully he gets a chance to retire with dignity, instead of going out with an injury. (Unless it means the Bills win some sort of important game ;))

I've only ever disliked Brady because he played on the team that has dominated us for years. But he's got my full respect. Him, and Manning, have been incredible over their respective runs.

Hopefully he gets a chance to retire with dignity, instead of going out with an injury. (Unless it means the Bills win some sort of important game ;))

Sorry, but of the QB's that stomp on the Bills

Manning I respect, Brees I respect, Rogers I respect, Rivers I respect, Big Ben I respect (well almost),

Tom Whiner I do not.

Sorry, but of the QB's that stomp on the Bills

Manning I respect, Brees I respect, Rogers I respect, Rivers I respect, Big Ben I respect (well almost),

Tom Whiner I do not.

Meh. Guys like Strahan and Tuck said the toughest guy they've ever played against was Brady. Said they beat the living crap out of him during their Super Bowl games and he just came coming back for more. Sure he whines a little bit. But he's a tough SOB, too.

*Every* WR looks for a flag on every incompletion. Most QBs look for flags every time they get touched. Players are constantly looking to get calls, it's part of the sport. Basketball and Soccer are this way as well.

It annoys me, but Brady isn't the only guy who does it.

This should temper your new respect a little...

http://starmagazine....-house-divided/

**meow**whipcrack**

Huh? The Star? You're using the Star to make a point? That's worse than using Wikipedia. Far worse.

During Desert Storm some of my soldiers were interviewed by a reporter from the New York Times. The reporter had a canned, incendiary quote written before the interview and asked if anyone was willing to have it attributed to them. One of my naive young privates - who never said anything like the quote - said the reporter could attribute it to him. When it hit the papers, a PR firestorm ensued.

If a reputable newspaper like the NYT does stuff like this, what low journalism standards can we expect from the Star?

To me, Brady is just a football player. I have no opinion of him as a human being because I don't know him personally. All I know is that he's a good QB who plays for the wrong team.

To me, Brady is just a football player. I have no opinion of him as a human being because I don't know him personally. All I know is that he's a good QB who plays for the wrong team.

I know he knocked up an actress and kicked her to the curb for a supposed super model who has a man face. Respect? Not so much.

Tom Brady evolved into one of the best quarterbacks of all time and I respect his abilities on the field. I am one of those that subscribes to the theory that the "genius" label given to Bill Belichick has more to do with having Tom Brady as his QB than with his abilities as a head football coach. I know very little about Tom Brady as a person off the field and could not care less. As a fan of the Buffalo Bills, I despise all that represents the New England Patriots (much as I did the Miami Dolphins of the 70s) simply because of their dominance over us the past 14 years - and Brady is at the center of that dominance. However, I absolutely respect his abilities and I will be glad when he retires.

Newsflash - he wasn't that great last year, he really wasn't. A lot of people made excuses for him (playing with an injured hand, drops from a poor receiving corps) all of whaich was true but doesn't change that fact that Tom Brady did not play that well. I'm not saying he was poor, not at all, but he looked normal. Not outstanding, not elite.... indeed it was telling that come play-off time the Pats were basically a running team. Now I am not saying this is the end for him.... indeed I think he will have a bit of a bounce back this year... but I think it did for the first time say to me "he doesn't have long". I respect the hell out of the guy - he has been an outstanding Quarterback - I think this year and maybe 2 more are the limit of what he has playing at a good level.

I could be wrong, but didn't they struggle I. The beginning of the year with the new unotable receiving corps, but then play really well through the back end?

Newsflash - he wasn't that great last year, he really wasn't. A lot of people made excuses for him (playing with an injured hand, drops from a poor receiving corps) all of whaich was true but doesn't change that fact that Tom Brady did not play that well. I'm not saying he was poor, not at all, but he looked normal. Not outstanding, not elite.... indeed it was telling that come play-off time the Pats were basically a running team. Now I am not saying this is the end for him.... indeed I think he will have a bit of a bounce back this year... but I think it did for the first time say to me "he doesn't have long". I respect the hell out of the guy - he has been an outstanding Quarterback - I think this year and maybe 2 more are the limit of what he has playing at a good level.

Yet, if you read around, many believe that last year was one of his best seasons .... given all the WR turnover and turmoil that added to the equation.

Meh. Guys like Strahan and Tuck said the toughest guy they've ever played against was Brady. Said they beat the living crap out of him during their Super Bowl games and he just came coming back for more. Sure he whines a little bit. But he's a tough SOB, too.

Why do you have to defend Tom not so terrific?

the-ravens-safety-who-knocked-a-patriots-player-unconscious-rips-tom-brady-for-kicking-someone.jpg

Brady curses after the refs miss a PI call against the Panther

Tom-Brady-swears-at-ref.jpg

Hard to respect the guy to leaves his pregnant girlfriend for another woman

+1

How many QB's go around saying

Buffalo hotels "not the nicest places in the world" ???