EJ Pre-season was a hoax

TheBackupQB

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hackett: When Sammy goes deep, I want you to overthrow him.

EJ: But, coach I can make that throw. And Coach Marrone said that the goal is to win every pre-season game.

Hackett: Listen. There are more important things happening here. I guarantee that if you overthrow him (and follow that up with an errant roll-out throw, and a pick to Chandler), the Bears will have no idea what is coming.

EJ: Well, okay, I guess. But I still...

Hackett: Trust me. I have been doing this for a long time. While holding his hand up and waving EJ away, flaunting his multiple oversized Pin Stripe Bowl rings.

Fixed.

Excellent post!

the only hoax is anyone believing EJ will be a franchise QB.

he's not even good enough to be in the Top 25 of QB's.

Well EJ Manuel WAS drafted and billed as a raw QB who probably needed a year on the bench but would be pressed into action early.

So it stands to reason that his position towards the back of the pack of starting QBs is understandable and no surprise. No?

Is it too much to ask to give this 2nd year QB, who's only started 10 games, and who's played exactly as was predicted, at least 6 more games before making a final judgement and calling him a hoax?

Kyle Orton is a journey, we complained about Tuel and we saw Thad look horrible...everyone said we need a back up just in case....unless EJ is completely horrible or injuried Orton wont see see play time

Kyle Orton is a journeymen, we complained about Tuel and we saw Thad look horrible...everyone said we need a back up just in case....unless EJ is completely horrible or injuried Orton wont see see play time

Well EJ Manuel WAS drafted and billed as a raw QB who probably needed a year on the bench but would be pressed into action early.

So it stands to reason that his position towards the back of the pack of starting QBs is understandable and no surprise. No?

Is it too much to ask to give this 2nd year QB, who's only started 10 games, and who's played exactly as was predicted, at least 6 more games before making a final judgement and calling him a hoax?

we don't really have a choice.

assuming the china doll makes it through 6 games uninjured, he will get his chance. no way the bills brain trust admit they screwed up when they announced all in on EJ. no matter how he plays they wont pull him in favor of Orton, who is better than EJ.

another year missing the playoffs.

but we can use our #1 pick on a QB next year.....oh wait....nevermind.

Kyle Orton is a journey, we complained about Tuel and we saw Thad look horrible...everyone said we need a back up just in case....unless EJ is completely horrible or injuried Orton wont see see play time

Kyle Orton is a journeymen, we complained about Tuel and we saw Thad look horrible...everyone said we need a back up just in case....unless EJ is completely horrible or injuried Orton wont see see play time

Why do you post twice?

Why do you post twice?

Can you please tell me how much he will suck. Your constant "he sucks" posts are really good and add to the conversation.

No, I'm not going to tell you how EJ sucks. I do doubt EJs ability to develop into a quality starting QB but that has nothing to do with my post... You basically suggested that every bad practice and preseason was a result of a predetermined strategy to lull the Bears asleep. That's kinda crazy man.

And just because I don't think EJ is good and you do doesn't mean we can't be cool. I may disagree with you but it is possible to say 'I see your point, but I disagree.'

You have to remember that EJ has been being coached by Marrone and Hackett for a full year now and I'm sure they could have easily made him regress that much.

Blame them only indirectly, the crack quarterback coach they hired managed to make all three quarterbacks regress this offseason: EJ looks bad, Tuel has been demoted to the practice squad and Lewis was cut. Nice work.

Ahhhh boy. A hoax eh? Look, I'm not saying the guy flat out sucks, but he doesn't really look that much improved after a full offseason of work and familiarity with the system. He actually seems to be staring guys down more. My concern with EJ is not the physical talent he possesses, but it is the mental side of everything. That same mental side of everything will have a lot to do with how he performs using his physical ability on the field. If he can read a defense he can step up in rythm and make the throw which he CAN do. If he's just looking for a place to get rid of the ball or locking onto one option then he is going to hesitate, mechanics could get off, he'll make throws out of rythm, and give the ball away. I hope EJ has been pulling the wool over our eyes and he really has it all down mentally because I know physically he has all the tools necessary to be a good starting QB in the NFL.

Hackett: When Sammy goes deep, I want you to overthrow him.

EJ: But, coach I can make that throw. And Coach Marrone said that the goal is to win every pre-season game.

Hackett: Listen. There are more important things happening here. I guarantee that if you overthrow him (and follow that up with an errant roll-out throw, and a pick to Chandler), the Bears will have no idea what is coming.

EJ: Well, okay, I guess. But I still...

Hackett: Trust me. I have been doing this for a long time.

This would be a solid start to one of those Hitler videos...