Palmer cut

seq004

Something is wrong with this organization if they cut a QB thatt they throw into game with 2 days training...

You are absolutely correct, and I think that anybody with even a modicum of NFL football knowledge realizes that currently, the Buffalo Bills' management team (including coaches) is the laughingstock of the league. Sad but true.

It would be one thing if his shortcomings were not knowing the offensive system. I'm pretty sure that an 8 year vet underthrowing balls into double coverage against 3rd string scrubs is not due to unfamiliarity with the offensive system, though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy just got cut for like the 7th time in his career. 4 times cut in preseason from 4 teams.

Unless they were expecting his to recite the Bears playbook from memory, this was a predictably totally hopeless pick up, no matter how brief.

I am baffled by the comments on this thread lamenting the cut of Palmer. Seriously? Are we just complaining for complaining's sake now?

I think it's more dissatisfaction that it seems the front office is a rudderless ship at this point. It was a panic move when they did it and to get rid of him this quickly just makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

This year's Matt Leinart.

Hmmm - is Leinart still available?

Hello, Doug Whaley!! Get Kyle Orton's agent on the phone!! Geez!! The hell with worrying about EJ's confidence. He seems pretty confident since he thought he did well yesterday.

I think it's more dissatisfaction that it seems the front office is a rudderless ship at this point. It was a panic move when they did it and to get rid of him this quickly just makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

What's going on is they brought him in for a look to see if he might be better than their other options. Question answered - move on. Not that tough to figure out really.

Maybe this was about stealing bears playbook, because for the life of me I cant imagine what they expected the guy to do after just getting off the greyhound from Chicago. I thought he looked good at moving the offense and threw some good balls, especially dowbfield which our other QBs are loathe to do. He also had no run support

I believe the Bills got most of what they expected from Palmer. Information on Chicago, a couple meetings with EJ and a no-lose QB to play the final preseason game. Of course he had the chance to impress. But what were the chances this guy was going to come in with 2-3 days of prep with and light it up? He was fed to the Lions, as it were. I don't believe he was ever expected to stick with the team.

He came, had his meetings, played a meaningless preseason game---and out the door. I don't really believe the Bills are too disappointed with Palmer's play (as it would have been crazy to expect anything much better) but rather with the performance of the rest of the team.

+1. To quote Mark Gaughan, they appear to be searching in the dark without a flashlight.

It doesn't fill me with confidence.

Edited by vincec

The guy is a class act and I feel sorry for him...

How many easy passes were dropped, especially by Hogan ??

The guy got screwed, had no real chance at all.

So the Bills had Lienart and Palmer for a total of 6 days