Did the Browns just House of Cards us?

rayray808

house%20of%20cards.jpg

TRADE DOWN FOR OUR FUTURE FIRST ROUND PICK:

Did the Browns do it? Did they know that EJ was rated way too high? Did they know that we would never figure out the riddle that is correctly using Spiller? Did they do the unthinkable and get the two guys they wanted all along, while collecting a top 5 pick the following year?

I love Sammy Watkins and want him to succeed as much as anyone. I own his jersey and he hasn't even taken a regular season snap. Having said that, there's a reason every single analyst ridiculed the Bills for this move. It's the type of move you make when you're one or two pieces away (even then history is still not on your side, but it's more excusable). The Bills are so clearly more than one piece away. Trading next year's pick was universally regarded as a bonehead move. Now we might not even get to watch the kid play for I don't know how long. Next year's draft is going to blow even more than usual. Oh, the Bills. I'm gonna go get drunk.

Edited by billstein22

Ohhh, hip dude quoting a TV show I have never seen.

I seriously doubt Cleveland knew anything about EJ Manuel that any other team didn't know. Shirely, Pettine knew Manuel but I doubt that had much to do with the trade. Cleveland is in the same boat we are with rebuilding. They might finish as high as third in their division beating maybe Baltimore. Right now Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are atop the AFCN and will be there at the end of the season, too.

Trust me, when these two organizations are involved, they will manage to both screw it up somehow

Yeah, pretty much. Cleveland may have backed themselves up in to a lucky spot, but somehow they'll stumble and end up in the corner.

house%20of%20cards.jpg

Did the Browns do it? Did they know that EJ was rated way too high? Did they know that we would never figure out the riddle that is correctly using Spiller? Did they do the unthinkable and get the two guys they wanted all along, while collecting a top 5 pick the following year?

They'll draft another RB with that top 5 pick.... Ha!

We both suck!

The whole regime knew they had to swing for the fences to have any shot at staying. Should have traded a 1 and a 2 for Romo. Could have been done.

My conspiracy theory was that Marrone felt that if things work out and he stays, great, if not the guy that was his DC last year will give him a job and he'll get the pick back.

You kidding me?

I would do this in a heartbeat over the crap we have at QB now. It would instantly make this team competitive with the Patriots for the Division as opposed to bottom feeders which will definitely will be with Manuel.

No he sucks just a showboater whose done nothing. And if he came to a small media market like buffalo he'd hate it. That's why at most I'd give up a used beer bottle filled with urine and a baggy with a dump in it

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

house%20of%20cards.jpg

Pettine told em everything and they were IN

Ohhh, hip dude quoting a TV show I have never seen.

I seriously doubt Cleveland knew anything about EJ Manuel that any other team didn't know. Shirely, Pettine knew Manuel but I doubt that had much to do with the trade. Cleveland is in the same boat we are with rebuilding. They might finish as high as third in their division beating maybe Baltimore. Right now Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are atop the AFCN and will be there at the end of the season, too.

Yeah, pretty much. Cleveland may have backed themselves up in to a lucky spot, but somehow they'll stumble and end up in the corner.

The OP is serious, and dont call me Shirley.

Great trade. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Sammy Watkins is going to be a star in this league. Every number one pick is basically a 50-50 chance of being good let alone great.

That trade was the equivalent of Watkins for Eric Ebron and Kujo. Which would you rather have?

A receiver needs a quarterback to get the ball to him.

Tell me, is there ANY QB situation bad enough to make you not like trading away the future for Watkins?

Seriously, if the Texan were sitting at #9 with Fitz, should they have made that deal?

The very fact that three groups of people are competing to pay hundreds of millions of $'s for the Bills confirms my contention that even the very worst NFL teams make wads of money every year no matter the quality of the on-field product. Face it: The Bills suck, have sucked, will suck; however, the company makes money, therefore there is no real incentive to improve the actual product - administrators, coaches, players, etc. Somewhere, deep in the corporate structure, someone is laughing his/her ass off at the fans that make it all possible.

Gee, let's explore building a new stadium and see how much tax money we can wring from the community and state....