Seeing Palmer Throw the ball on bb.com....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think him competing for the back up postion really tells the story here.

I laughed when i heard marrone acted like he did not know anything about him,

kinda.

I wondered the same thing. I guess that tells you that Marrone and Whaley were not on the same page in bringing him in. Sounds like Whaley just went out and got him. Then said....Hey coach...here you go...gotcha another QB to toy around with.....you're welcome......lol...

In his second season Eli started 16 games and the Giants won the NFC east. If EJ starts 16 games in 2014 and the Bills win the AFC east, everyone who posts on this board will be happy to continue on with the "EJ project"

And how much of it was due to Eli's 52.8% passing, 3762 yards, 6.8 YPA, 25 TD's (1 rushing) and 17 INT's and 2 lost fumbles?

I wondered the same thing. I guess that tells you that Marrone and Whaley were not on the same page in bringing him in. Sounds like Whaley just went out and got him. Then said....Hey coach...here you go...gotcha another QB to toy around with.....you're welcome......lol...

Or is Marrone just F'n with everyone ? again.

I would bet Whaley wants to Win as much as anyone .

I dont know . The Bills are acting like they have cards up their proverbial sleeves. Chicago will be a telling test.

God knows that footwork, play action, and the way he delivers the ball on BB.com really make or break a QB.

If EJ doesn't pan out, this should be our new plan to get a QB. Open call video submissions on BB.com, the guy in the video with the most likes, starts!

If we just wanted him to come in and coach EJ, why would we have to give him a roster spot? Why not hire him as a coach?

I did see him play in a pre season game in the 4th quarter for the Bears a few weeks ago. He looked like a real QB. He led the Bears to a TD drive. I was thinking if he was cut we should pick him up. This was before I realized he had only thrown 15 NFL passes.

Oh well, I hope he plays well tomorrow night.

If we just wanted him to come in and coach EJ, why would we have to give him a roster spot? Why not hire him as a coach?

I did see him play in a pre season game in the 4th quarter for the Bears a few weeks ago. He looked like a real QB. He led the Bears to a TD drive. I was thinking if he was cut we should pick him up. This was before I realized he had only thrown 15 NFL passes.

Oh well, I hope he plays well tomorrow night.

Thought the same thing. Passed the eye test to me. Made me wonder why he never made more noise in the NFL.

Say what you want about Palmer, but all I can comment on are good mechanics from that link. I don't think anything more than that. Right now EJ is losing this board and fanbase, and rightfully so because he is failing the eyeball test, and failing it miserably. That doesn't mean every Bills fans WANTS EJ to not succeed, it simply means nobody is going to give a QB on this team a free pass anymore, not after the last shitstorm of garbage QBs we've seen in the last 15 years, so anything negative EJ gets right now is earned, albeit a little excessive, but We've earned that right.

Enough of the Fanboard member bashing already, it doesn't make you look clever, or more mature, or a more educated fan. If EJ turns it around and starts looking like anything close to a first round pick, he will win us over, and not a fraction of a second sooner. I've personally waited for the likes of JP(turnovermachine)Losman, Cap'n Checkdown, and Fitz-PickSix-Trajic, so.... yeah.... Palmer's mechanics look good to me right now, because EJ's Wobblers don't.

Say what you want about Palmer, but all I can comment on are good mechanics from that link. I don't think anything more than that. Right now EJ is losing this board and fanbase, and rightfully so because he is failing the eyeball test, and failing it miserably. That doesn't mean every Bills fans WANTS EJ to not succeed, it simply means nobody is going to give a QB on this team a free pass anymore, not after the last shitstorm of garbage QBs we've seen in the last 15 years, so anything negative EJ gets right now is earned, albeit a little excessive, but We've earned that right.

Enough of the Fanboard member bashing already, it doesn't make you look clever, or more mature, or a more educated fan. If EJ turns it around and starts looking like anything close to a first round pick, he will win us over, and not a fraction of a second sooner. I've personally waited for the likes of JP(turnovermachine)Losman, Cap'n Checkdown, and Fitz-PickSix-Trajic, so.... yeah.... Palmer's mechanics look good to me right now, because EJ's Wobblers don't.

A certain vocal segment of the fan base and this board I will grant you. Just because you and others see EJ as failing miserably does not make it factual. I'd suggest you take a listen to what Mark Kelso and other knowledgeable analysts have to say about EJ: http://forums.twobil...-against-tampa/

But maybe not since we have "eyeball" experts like yourself.

Cheers. :beer:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I've seen this asked by a few posters, so let's address it. It's become clear (well, clear as mud anyway) they expect Palmer to compete for the #2 spot. So there is that. But more to the point, sometimes you learn things from a co-worker, or underling, that you don't learn from a coach. There is a different dynamic there. Also he has a coach. If they bring Palmer in as a coach, what's his reporting responsibility? Does he have to check with the OC before suggesting something to EJ. The intricacies of human communication can be complicated. A peer can sometimes give a different impact, than a boss, to a message. Also, because he is a different person, he may have some different ideas, or suggestions. Having thrown 15, or 1,500, passes may not be relevant to the knowledge he has, and his ability to communicate it.

Of course, his knowledge of the Bears offense might be a reason for the signing as well.

But they also may not want to sign him as a coach as they don't expect him to be with the organization that long. I may be wrong, but you can dismiss an NFL player more easily than you can a coach without cause. I'm not worried about the roster spot right now. I'll be more concerned if Palmer looks as we expect on the field, and they do nothing else to shore up the #2 QB spot.

Can we tone down the "Coach Palmer" stuff? The guy worked for a sports performance company getting a few college QBs (well, mainly Bortles), ready the combine and predraft.

Your point?

Failing the eyeball test in pre season (rolls eyes)

I'll be more concerned if Palmer looks as we expect on the field, and they do nothing else to shore up the #2 QB spot.

At this point, it is tough to make a fair judgment of Palmer considering he only has had a few days with the Bills offense. If he plays terribly tonight, we will not know if the reason is that he didn't train enough with the system and players or because he plain sucks. Evidence of the latter is plenty given his history in the league.

I truly hope he was signed just for competitive intelligence and the Bills still plan to get a vet as backup/insurance.