Da'Rick watch 2014

This is the crux of the argument. Those of us that supported Rogers believe differently. When I look at the very bottom of the roster (guys 50-53) I want either a guy with a discernible skill that can use that skill to influence a game (Ie Hopkins on kickoffs, Graham with speed, Easley on ST). Otherwise I want a guy with a huge ceiling that is a low investment (Rogers, Jasper, Peters, Seantrel). If they don't pan out it isn't like whiffing on a 2nd round pick (Troup, Hardy). I would never have a guy that does everything slightly below average.

My roster would never have a spot for a guy because he practices hard. If he won't be able to ever impact a game then why would he have a spot? Perhaps Hogan can carve out a niche as a possession guy (mind you I never think that he will be as good a possession guy as Woods)? If not than there is no reason to keep him because he doesn't fit the other criteria.

Addendum: 1 more thought....if the Bills had injuries to a point where Hogan was elevated all of the way to 3 on the depth chart for a week or 2 how much better is he than a street free agent for a week? Is he THAT much better than Roosevelt who was out there all of last year or David Nelson (who was out there a while)? If the reason that you are keeping him is because he is more ready to contribute in an emergency is the gap between Hogan and Roosevelt as your 3 (for a week or 2) large enough to warrant the roster spot? Do you need to protect that spot or could you just plug in a street or PS guy?

I've been tempted to chime in with almost exactly this but holding back.... Well said. There are a lot of good possession receivers available out there during the season. There are not a lot of guys that turn 7 yard slants into tds and will fight the db to win a jump ball on a deep pass..... Rogers did that in college and showed it in very limited time as a pro. Hogan has not shown it yet as a pro. Or any level.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hogan is making plays again when it matters

Are you talking about catching the ball that's thrown ob or wishing he was Harold Carmichael to catch a pass thrown 20' in the air?

I'm curious why people get upset about threads in general. You don't have to read or respond to any thread. No one gets beheaded as a result of any post on this board, and no one's financial situation is impacted in the least. Nothing digitally reproduced on this board has any impact greater than a butterfly flapping its wings. And yet, some stupid thread gets started and people respond like there's something going on far beyond a bunch of Bills' fans BSing about the Bills just because it's fun to BS. Just don't get it.

I think Rogers is on a short leash in Indy.

Why the need to bring Hogan into it? Rogers needed to beat out Brandon Kaufman first and he didn't do that. Hogan was kept over Kaufman, not Rogers.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Rogers is on a short leash in Indy.

Why the need to bring Hogan into it? Rogers needed to beat out Brandon Kaufman first and he didn't do that. Hogan was kept over Kaufman, not Rogers.

GO BILLS!!!

Sooooooo you are saying the Bills cut the wrong guy?

Not sure why people need to go out of their way to defend the Rogers cut.

Yeah, he's a better player than Kauffman and probably better than Hogan but the Bills picked TJ Graham in the 3rd round for chrissake.......the guys game at NC State equalled undraftable.......so why are we even debating their ability to evaluate collegiate WR prospects? When you draft marginal talents early in the draft like Graham(or the Troupacabra as another example) and then they fail to make any impact it speaks terribly of your talent evaluation. Terribly. If Glass Goodwin doesn't prove he can stay healthy he joins that list as well. :doh:

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Yeah, he's a better player than Kauffman and probably better than Hogan but the Bills picked TJ Graham in the 3rd round for chrissake.......the guys game at NC State equalled undraftable.......so why are we even debating their ability to evaluate collegiate WR prospects? When you draft marginal talents early in the draft like Graham(or the Troupacabra as another example) and then they fail to make any impact it speaks terribly of your talent evaluation. Terribly. If Glass Goodwin doesn't prove he can stay healthy he joins that list as well. :doh:

Guys, there are simple fixes for all of these problems, new draft rules laid down by the new owner: No speedster WR toys in the 3rd round; No high motor DTs between picks 25 and 45.

Not going out of my way at all. He was cut for very good reasons. If he weren't then yeah, one would have to go out of his way to defend why he was let go. But he made the decision easy.

I don't know why people need to go out of the way to slam Hogan when 1.) Rogers was cut in favor of Kaufman and 2.) he has no control over the situation anyway. Totally misplaced anger. Makes no sense.

GO BILLS!!!

Delusional post. For every TJ Graham there's a Sammy Watkins, for every "Glass" Goodwin there's a Robert Woods. Don't tell me they can't evaluate WR talent. 50/50 is actually phenomenal odds when talking about the draft.