Da'Rick watch 2014

Indeed. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Why do we Bills fans focus on every player we coulda drafted (Wilson or Foles instead of Graham), every player we traded or released who has found success elsewhere (Lynch, Rogers)?

This is the sign of a fan base that has too little to hope for in the current team.

IDK, I was so effing screaming at my computer at the Graham pick when Russel Wilson was still on board. I could see him being the one. I could see he had IT and he has been what, better than Luck? He was great in college and his game translated to the NFL easily (especially with Chan, and actually may have been part Chan's decision). So why couldn't OBD?

It is these types of things, man...... Makes you wonder WTH? And then he goes on to become, well Russel Wilson, just like I thought he would and TJ.........a cut. A trade up for a cut...... I'm still mad. It sort of has little to do with the current team and at the same time everything to do with the current team. I see your point but we have been down this road way too many times, JP, Donte.....and more, much more.

It kind of intensifies the focus, is what I guess I am saying. Yes, he wasn't a sure thing but either is any draft choice. Most of these things don't bother me as much as that one did though.

I do still stay hopeful though, somehow. I can't help myself.

Edited by bowery4

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IDK, I was so effing screaming at my computer at the Graham pick when Russel Wilson was still on board. I could see him being the one. I could see he had IT and he has been what, better than Luck? He was great in college and his game translated to the NFL easily (especially with Chan, and actually may have been part Chan's decision). So why couldn't OBD?

That's not really true, IMO. Wilson was unbelievably great in college and everyone knew it. Also, everyone, including the a Seahawks, thought his game, because of his height, did not translate to the NFL. Everyone, including the Seahawks, thought his height would hurt him substantially, it was simply a matter of how much. That is why he lasted well into the third round. It just so happened that it didn't affect him at all because he's a freak of nature.

If ANYONE anywhere thought his game translated to the NFL He would have been a first or second rounder, and if that persons team needed a QB he would have been at the top of the draft. He was that good. If he were two inches taller, or if anyone knew his height wouldn't affect him at all, he would have been the #2 or #3 overall pick. He was better in college than Luck or Rg3 and Rg3 was ridiculous.

That's not really true, IMO. Wilson was unbelievably great in college and everyone knew it. Also, everyone, including the a Seahawks, thought his game, because of his height, did not translate to the NFL. Everyone, including the Seahawks, thought his height would hurt him substantially, it was simply a matter of how much. That is why he lasted well into the third round. It just so happened that it didn't affect him at all because he's a freak of nature.

If ANYONE anywhere thought his game translated to the NFL He would have been a first or second rounder, and if that persons team needed a QB he would have been at the top of the draft. He was that good. If he were two inches taller, or if anyone knew his height wouldn't affect him at all, he would have been the #2 or #3 overall pick. He was better in college than Luck or Rg3 and Rg3 was ridiculous.

i think I'm the only one who did not think he was great in college. But I only watched 2 of his games. Both he lost, and should not have. I just didn't see him as an nfl starter. He wasn't good right away but he really rose up.

Nick Foles was also picked later in that round and he was a size/arm strength prototype and had a historic season last year in terms of TD/INT ratio.

You don't need to know or even think a QB is great to make them worthwhile to draft in round 3.

The bottom line is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take on QB's.

The Bills have spent nearly the entirety of their history using the draft to patch roster holes instead of team-build. Undeniable. And the TJ Graham pick is a prime example of that kind of short-sighted nonsense.

30 years ago they made a pick at QB that worked out and that directly resulted in the only sustained run of success in team history.

That is about a mandate from ownership.

Hopefully the new owner will understand the game of football better. Anything else is micro-analyzing a macro problem.

i think I'm the only one who did not think he was great in college. But I only watched 2 of his games. Both he lost, and should not have. I just didn't see him as an nfl starter. He wasn't good right away but he really rose up.

As a senior, learning a totally new offense at a new school in two weeks according to reports, he ended up with a 191.8 passer rating. 33tds to 4ints. That's insane. And doesn't include the fact that he can run, scramble, throw out of the pocket or on the run, super smart, great leader, great guy, built like a rock, great pedigree, already played professional sports, etc. he's a freak.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/russell-wilson-1.html

Nick Foles was also picked later in that round and he was a size/arm strength prototype and had a historic season last year in terms of TD/INT ratio.

You don't need to know or even think a QB is great to make them worthwhile to draft in round 3.

The bottom line is you miss 100% of the shots you don't take on QB's.

The Bills have spent nearly the entirety of their history using the draft to patch roster holes instead of team-build. Undeniable. And the TJ Graham pick is a prime example of that kind of short-sighted nonsense.

30 years ago they made a pick at QB that worked out and that directly resulted in the only sustained run of success in team history.

That is about a mandate from ownership.

Hopefully the new owner will understand the game of football better. Anything else is micro-analyzing a macro problem.

There is no question that they have bundled the QB position for decades. Not news. Everyone thinks do. Not drafting as well as drafting the wrong ones like JP, and then bungling the handling of them and surrounding them with crappy coaches. ;)

As a senior, learning a totally new offense at a new school in two weeks according to reports, he ended up with a 191.8 passer rating. 33tds to 4ints. That's insane. And doesn't include the fact that he can run, scramble, throw out of the pocket or on the run, super smart, great leader, great guy, built like a rock, great pedigree, already played professional sports, etc. he's a freak.

http://www.sports-re...l-wilson-1.html

There is no question that they have bundled the QB position for decades. Not news. Everyone thinks do. Not drafting as well as drafting the wrong ones like JP, and then bungling the handling of them and surrounding them with crappy coaches. ;)

Ralph gaveth a team and Ralph taketh the satisfaction of winning. This team is still an extension of that. We can pretend things are different but this organization is still being run by a "scared" GM and HC, which has been the norm here for 15 years.

The promise of a super-wealthy Pegula taking a big picture approach to organizational success has me excited about the Bills future. I don't know for sure he will do it, but he seems to get the idea on the hockey end that you can't expect to win with mediocre talent and constantly trying to patch holes is a counterproductive approach long term. In the NFL, you can't win with mediocre QB play.

• 4 weeks later...

hogan is one of our best ST players right now so will always be active if healthy.

I haven't figured out what to make of his ST ability. I consistently hear it carries his spot but last year I also saw many posts saying he was among the problems.

I truly haven't keyed in but if anyone has id be curious to hear some strengths/weaknesses compared to other options (probably not the thread for that)

I haven't figured out what to make of his ST ability. I consistently hear it carries his spot but last year I also saw many posts saying he was among the problems.

I truly haven't keyed in but if anyone has id be curious to hear some strengths/weaknesses compared to other options (probably not the thread for that)

He seems to have been making a lot of tackles this year. I don't know what his contribution was last year. With Easley out, he will be needed even more for the next few weeks. I read Brooks was supposed to take over the Easley's gunner role, but he wasn't practicing yesterday so that is concerning. We'll probably see the new guy they got from the Vikes.

You are right, not the right thread for this. But there really isn't much to discuss about Da'Rick anyway!

He was/is a super talented receiver we picked up as an undrafted rookie last year but cut before the season started because he's a lazy bum. The cut created an epic thread (over 1000 posts i believe) where there was wailing and gnashing of teeth about how the team could cut such a talented player and keep Chris Hogan, a hard worker with less talent that actually bothered to learn the playbook and try on special teams. Things got even crazier when Rogers had 1 good game for the Colts last year when he was brought up from their practice squad when nearly all of their receivers got injured. He was almost cut by the Colts this year but hasn't played in a single game and is now inactive this week. Hogan, who had worse stats last year while playing in every game, is still on our active roster as a core special teamer. The Legend of Da'Rick Rogers will never die!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Screw DA ROGERS, LYNCH and anyone else.

GO BILLS ( although I believe this franchise has been inept since 1960 )

There was a nice little spell back in the 90's you may recall, as well as some winning in the 60's. But I can see where you're coming from...