Da'Rick watch 2014

He was/is a super talented receiver we picked up as an undrafted rookie last year but cut before the season started because he's a lazy bum. The cut created an epic thread (over 1000 posts i believe) where there was wailing and gnashing of teeth about how the team could cut such a talented player and keep Chris Hogan, a hard worker with less talent that actually bothered to learn the playbook and try on special teams. Things got even crazier when Rogers had 1 good game for the Colts last year when he was brought up from their practice squad when nearly all of their receivers got injured. He was almost cut by the Colts this year but hasn't played in a single game and is now inactive this week. Hogan, who had worse stats last year while playing in every game, is still on our active roster as a core special teamer. The Legend of Da'Rick Rogers will never die!

Ha ha, as one of the screamers I disagree. Hogan is useless (10 career catches for 83 yards). He stinks. The argument was do you take a guy with issues and talent or a hard working stiff. The Bills chose the stiff who has yet to contribute in any way. I still prefer TJ Graham but St. Doug loves Rudy.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha ha, as one of the screamers I disagree. Hogan is useless (10 career catches for 83 yards). He stinks. The argument was do you take a guy with issues and talent or a hard working stiff. The Bills chose the stiff who has yet to contribute in any way. I still prefer TJ Graham but St. Doug loves Rudy.

Once again you mistake the player you should be mad at. Hogan wasn't kept in favor of Rogers; he was kept in favor of Kaufman, whom the Bills chose to keep instead of Rogers prior to final cuts.

As I've said previously, the most telling indictment against Rogers was being pulled for the entire second half in their biggest game of the year. Understandable though, as he crapped the bed the entire first half of their biggest game of the year.

But, sooner or later, he'll be activated, make a couple eye-popping plays that only receivers of his unique talent can make, and we can start the entire thread over again. Right up until he outweighs his unreal ability with his boneheaded propensity to screw things up on the field.

GO BILLS!!!

Once again you mistake the player you should be mad at. Hogan wasn't kept in favor of Rogers; he was kept in favor of Kaufman, whom the Bills chose to keep instead of Rogers prior to final cuts.

As I've said previously, the most telling indictment against Rogers was being pulled for the entire second half in their biggest game of the year. Understandable though, as he crapped the bed the entire first half of their biggest game of the year.

But, sooner or later, he'll be activated, make a couple eye-popping plays that only receivers of his unique talent can make, and we can start the entire thread over again. Right up until he outweighs his unreal ability with his boneheaded propensity to screw things up on the field.

GO BILLS!!!

Either way K-9 there are "x" number of spots allocated to each position. They gave one of those spots to a guy that can't play in the league. I don't know if Rogers (or Graham for that matter) can play in the NFL but I know that Hogan can't.

Either way K-9 there are "x" number of spots allocated to each position. They gave one of those spots to a guy that can't play in the league. I don't know if Rogers (or Graham for that matter) can play in the NFL but I know that Hogan can't.

And there are "x" numbers of reps available to convince a staff to keep you instead of someone else.

Would it be better just to cut Hogan or does that have to be accompanied by reacquiring Rogers?

And so it goes.

GO BILLS!!!

No, the argument is which of these 2 INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS do you keep on your roster. The Bills had to choose between 2 marginal guys, and chose Hogan....NOT A BIG DEAL. But for some reason, some posters want to claim that it is symptomatic of a bad organization, when actually it's just a case by case situation.

Whine whine whine

I would never keep a guy that will never contribute. I guess that is my point. I'd always keep Mike Jasper over Tim Anderson. 1 may develop (peters) and one never will. If I guy can't play in the league don't bother with the roster spot. I am still waiting for anyone to present an argument as to why Hogan is in the league. He's neer done anything, anywhere on the football field.

DuhRick sealed his fate in Buffalo when he quit on the INT in preseason. Bad move if you have a questionable checkered past and you're supposed to be trying to make an NFL team.

I am AMAZED, however that NO ONE on the board has misspelled Da'Rick's name. Remember Derrick, Derek, Darrick, Derick Holmes? We don't see Derrick, Derek, Darrick, Derick Rogers. Why? The freaking apostrophe! The only difference between Darick Holmes and Da'Rick Rogers is the apostrophe in the first name (OK, and the capital R). It's like the apostrophe and the capital R somehow enhance a poster's powers of concentration. Magic, I tell ya!

I would never keep a guy that will never contribute. I guess that is my point. I'd always keep Mike Jasper over Tim Anderson. 1 may develop (peters) and one never will. If I guy can't play in the league don't bother with the roster spot. I am still waiting for anyone to present an argument as to why Hogan is in the league. He's neer done anything, anywhere on the football field.

Well, that's just totally disrespecting his 10 career receptions and 4 first downs. Of course that's not anywhere close to DaRick-o-sphere numbers, but he is in the NFL record book.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.buffalone...-teams-20140915

"Bills coach Doug Marrone has his entire team buying into the idea of playing special teams. Of the 22 offensive and defensive starters Sunday, 16 played at least one special teams snap.

Marrone explained why Monday.

'There are about 30-something positions on special teams. You have four or five, sometimes you can have six core players that can play a majority of those four,' Marrone said, referring to the 'core four' units of kick and punt coverage and return. 'Then, all of the sudden, due to injuries you start having to watch out about those snap counts with everyone. We do have starters on most teams, at least one phase of it.'

Through the first two weeks of the season, the Bills have seven players who have taken at least 50 percent of the special teams snaps – Ty Powell (72 percent), Anthony Dixon, Marcus Easley, Duke Williams and Ron Brooks (all at 67 percent), Randell Johnson (57 percent) and Chris Hogan (50 percent). They are the core players Marrone referred to." Jay Skurski, The Buffalo News, Sept 15, 2014
Edited by Nanker

:lol: Kirby curb stomping Chris Hogan... my favorite TBD crusade ever!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Until Rogers proves otherwise Hogan was the better use of a roster position. Hogan has equal or better physical abilities, and contributes well on special teams. Hogan has made some great blocks on punt returns that doesn't get talked about.

Meanwhile Rogers consumes oxygen.

Until Rogers proves otherwise Hogan was the better use of a roster position. Hogan has equal or better physical abilities, and contributes well on special teams. Hogan has made some great blocks on punt returns that doesn't get talked about.

Meanwhile Rogers consumes oxygen.

Well, Rogers does have more catches and more touchdowns in his career, and you can say what you want, but Hogan does NOT have the physical attributes. That said, seems they are both pretty much wasting a roster spot for the tiem being, on their respective teams. Hogans so called prowess on special teams does not compare to Easley, Dixon, or at least 6 other Bills.....

:lol: Kirby curb stomping Chris Hogan... my favorite TBD crusade ever!

If he ever makes a play I will cut him some slack. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone thinks that he is above absolute scrub of all scrubs. The best argument that I have heard so far is that "he tries hard." Awesome.