Relaxation tips

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious as to what we all do to relax after a stressful day.

I am expecting a lot of sarcastic posts and thats ok all are welcome!

CBF

I have a variety of stress relievers: ham radio, chewing foil, stabbing the eyes out of magazine pictures, scrimshaw, the music of Yoko Ono, watching for Haley's Comet, small engine repair, the gentle caress of freshly picked nettles, and a warm glass of mustard water all help me unwind after a long day of arson.

Many things, with varying success.

A drink and a cigar, preferably while in a peaceful setting is usually enough. As mentioned cooking tends to work well for me--but then the clean up gets me stressed again! :lol:

When I worked for a company, in an office, I would blow bubbles (no, bubbles is not the name of a co-worker) and/or play with wind-up toys. Now I typically stretch out my arms and say "Ommmmm. Ohmmmm. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" The resulting laughter with the client typically is enough to get back on track--at least temporarily.

Many things, with varying success.

When I worked for a company, in an office, I would blow bubbles (no, bubbles is not the name of a co-worker)

Man: I was so drunk last night i blew chunks

Friend: Everyone gets sick now and again

Man: Chunks is my dog

Man: I was so drunk last night i blew chunks

Friend: Everyone gets sick now and again

Man: Chunks is my dog

You caught me repurposing that joke. Busted!

Hookers and blow.

Well that's what I used to use (not the hookers) until I found it just increased my stress, Took me a long time, and a LOT of money, to figure that out.

But, hey, whatever works! :thumbsup:

Well that's what I used to use (not the hookers) until I found it just increased my stress, Took me a long time, and a LOT of money, to figure that out.

But, hey, whatever works! :thumbsup:

Serioulsy? The first time I did blow I knew stress relief was the last thing it accomplished. :lol:

Just curious as to what we all do to relax after a stressful day.

I am expecting a lot of sarcastic posts and thats ok all are welcome!

CBF

My boss who has become a friend of mine told me this, at the end of the day, leave it all at work. I know it seems like a simple concept but it is difficult. I've manage to learn how to ignore what I can and not let the other stuff hang on me when I leave for the day. That and a few beers never hurts.