Relaxation tips

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my pub is about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, they come down and we have dinner, usually on fridays, plus keep in mind my 2 oldest are legal drinking age

Swing by and what? Scrape you off the bar floor and be your designated driver? @ least you are being responsible.

I kid... I kid...

Sadly, the iPhone makes this impossible now.

Are they forcing you to answer it, read it, etc...

Anyway... One reason why I do what I do. I have to do the brutal swing shift, which I kinda like (I am a night person anyway) getting things done during the day. I go to work, move boats and water, finish my shift and go home... Absolutely no on the job stress. LoL... Actually work is my relaxation tip... Its only an occupation, not salvation!

i don't access any work issues from my smart phone....granted I usually have my work laptop close by, but if i work in the evening, it is simply to internally justify leaving early one day or taking a long 'drunch' without too much guilt....

I am jealous. My job is client-driven...so when a client sends me an email, I have to respond. And I can never seem to turn off my brain thinking about work stuff too. There are times when I think it would be great to be a farmer: work hard all day and then turn it off when the sun goes down.

Yeah... My wife gets like that (not clients though). We do have a farmer on the board, he can point you in the right direction... ;-)

It does suck @ times... Wife is still in a meeting and I am wide awake having to start midnight shift in 3 hours...

Look in the history for my best tip and a damn good recipe. About this time last year. Hint. Lavender

Also yoga

Run

Lifting thing up and putting them down. I'm a gym rat.

Fresh air

Farm work relaxes me

Shooting squirrels

Look in the history for my best tip and a damn good recipe. About this time last year. Hint. Lavender

Also yoga

Run

Lifting thing up and putting them down. I'm a gym rat.

Fresh air

Farm work relaxes me

Shooting squirrels

You are right... Nobody has mentioned physical labor. Get out there and start giving things H! Clean, get chores down like shoveling snow, mowing the grass, etc... IMO, also helps in combating depression.

Must be a "German thing." Pain and suffering is relaxation...

Really, I am being serious.

You are right... Nobody has mentioned physical labor. Get out there and start giving things H! Clean, get chores down like shoveling snow, mowing the grass, etc... IMO, also helps in combating depression.

Must be a "German thing." Pain and suffering is relaxation...

Really, I am being serious.

stress can be derived from many things. Relaxation is great but satisfaction is more rewarding. If you want rewarding satisfaction and good relaxation after - run a straight fence. Its tough physical work, it takes focus, too, and drains you. You may not relax immediately but you can find rhythym and relaxation.

The pain and suffering can come from wrestling a bull two hours, but you won't be relaxed.

Well I'm an android guy, but I use an app called Silent Sleep. It turns my ringer off at a designated time and then back on at a reasonable hour in the AM.

Well I'm an android guy, but I use an app called Silent Sleep. It turns my ringer off at a designated time and then back on at a reasonable hour in the AM.

do you have SmartActions?

You can find it on some droids. There is an app in the store called AutomateIT I think that does it too

You program what you want your phone to do. Like at lunch my phone switches backgrounds, sound, 4G connections and autosync at the gym it reads my GPsS location at 4 to 5:30 to see when I get there then turns onnwifi, threnringer down, a new background, and turns off 4G. At home it turns all of it on, at night it does too, but if I forget to plug my phone in at night and its under 50% it turns everything off until 6. If it ever gets below 10 it turns all things off, changes background to a picture i chose of a battery, closes all background aps and just has the phone part working.

Yeah it is great to have.

do you have SmartActions?

You can find it on some droids. There is an app in the store called AutomateIT I think that does it too

You program what you want your phone to do. Like at lunch my phone switches backgrounds, sound, 4G connections and autosync at the gym it reads my GPsS location at 4 to 5:30 to see when I get there then turns onnwifi, threnringer down, a new background, and turns off 4G. At home it turns all of it on, at night it does too, but if I forget to plug my phone in at night and its under 50% it turns everything off until 6. If it ever gets below 10 it turns all things off, changes background to a picture i chose of a battery, closes all background aps and just has the phone part working.

Yeah it is great to have.

Unfortunately I have a Galaxy 2. Not really unfortunately ,as it does everything I need it to do. But it is a very old model without a lot of the upgrades of the newer models. Since I use Virgin Mobile I pay for my phone (but only $40/month for unlimited text and data and 1,500 minutes--which for me is unlimited). When this one craps out I will upgrade.

I fix computer for a living and a lot of people ask me to work on their phones, which i am glad to do. I really hate iPhones, I can't understand why people choose to use them.

Having 2 young children (one 9 month old), I don't have much time to relax. Always something that needs to be done. After they both go to bed, however, I get a couple hours to spend with my wife. Have a couple glasses of wine, maybe watch a good movie, make a tasty snack...it's the little things that get me by these days.

I can't wait until my youngest is a little older, and I can escape to the gym for an hour a day. I used to love working out.