Brawl and apparent death threat at camp today

CodeMonkey

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it! It's about time that we got some fire. Year in year out we're nothing but a bunch of nice guys and look where it got us. I like the attitude of guys like Brandon Spikes, this isn't a popularity contest. It's long overdue that we start punching people in the mouth, even if it's our own guy. Hey that's just me but I also thought that the likes of Dick Butkus and Conrad Dobler were intimidating players.

I heard them talking about it on wgr. I guess jerry Hughes said some comment to the coaching staff along the lines of "that's what you get for having us in pads for 20 days" this has been a long camp with the extra game and all, I'm sure they are sick of hitting the same guys over and over.

That's funny Jerry, in the old days when we had 14 games, there were 6 pre-season games, and they went two a days with full pads every day. Such a BS excuse.

That's funny Jerry, in the old days when we had 14 games, there were 6 pre-season games, and they went two a days with full pads every day. Such a BS excuse.

he was just saying something to say something. dont mean nuthinanyways

I heard them talking about it on wgr. I guess jerry Hughes said some comment to the coaching staff along the lines of "that's what you get for having us in pads for 20 days" this has been a long camp with the extra game and all, I'm sure they are sick of hitting the same guys over and over.

Hopefully Marrone responded by handing him a diaper and saying "here, put this on"..

So tomorrow the coaches will plan a surprise trip to the movies/mini golf/etc instead of practice. Then us fans will complain that they should be practicing instead of going out and having fun.

aggressive game played aggressively, as for some Hughes some free advice pump the brakes chump the Buffalo Bills resurrected you dead career. 20 days in pads or out of the league doing something else you wouldn't be paid close to what your pulling in. Put the pads on, mouthpiece in and shut it

Did Jonathan Martin watch this video with a notepad and pen? But seriously, I bet it was some type of taunting or rookie hazing that down the line backfired.

Why is it an excuse? We separate the men from boys. Its welcomed as far as I'm concerned. I dont see it as an excuse as much as I see it as we are angry and want to hurt someone. Thats football. If you arent going to win, the team who did win should know they have been in a fight... And if at all possible all of them didnt walk away from the battle. Its war, and thats why people were so sour on Dick "no pads" Jauron, and on various other "players coaches". We were not only soft but also a laughing stock. This is how you shift the paradigm. I love it, and look to see more of it in the weeks to come.

Wood appears to be a no-nonsense type of guy, love his fire. I would hate to see anyone break a hand over it.

Its almost always Wood getting picked up from the bottom of the pile. I didnt watch this yet, but I dont remember him reall beating on anyone. Can you help me out. No sarcasm, just an honest question.

Wood screaming "I'm gonna kill" the rookie who did it. Heat of the moment, nothing to see here, move along.

Exactly.

I like the fire from Woods and Hughes. You can't take what these guys at face value right now. They are both sick of hitting, and being hit, by each other. Hopefully by the time the real season starts they will be REALLY frustrated.

Did Jonathan Martin watch this video with a notepad and pen? But seriously, I bet it was some type of taunting or rookie hazing that down the line backfired.

Why is it an excuse? We separate the men from boys. Its welcomed as far as I'm concerned. I dont see it as an excuse as much as I see it as we are angry and want to hurt someone. Thats football. If you arent going to win, the team who did win should know they have been in a fight... And if at all possible all of them didnt walk away from the battle. Its war, and thats why people were so sour on Dick "no pads" Jauron, and on various other "players coaches". We were not only soft but also a laughing stock. This is how you shift the paradigm. I love it, and look to see more of it in the weeks to come.

Its almost always Wood getting picked up from the bottom of the pile. I didnt watch this yet, but I dont remember him reall beating on anyone. Can you help me out. No sarcasm, just an honest question.

I was just commenting on his demeanor. He is definitely a key leader of the team IMO.

Hopefully Marrone responded by handing him a diaper and saying "here, put this on"..

One report has this quote:

“Twenty-one days in pads and counting!” Hughes yelled. “I love it! That’s what happens, baby!”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/20/marrone-thinks-training-camp-fights-hurt-games-integrity/

Change your mind? Either way frustration about hitting each other is a good sign, IMO.