Probably obvious observation on Watkins

I had not really seen Sammy Watkins "play WR" until yesterday's game. The only college game of his I saw was the Orange Bowl. However, I had my eyes covered most of the time, a lot of what he did was on screens, and I didn't watch as closely as I would have had I known he would be a Bill. I also have not been to TC and only seen vines and highlights if him there. Last week, no catches.

So, I have to say that I as I watched last night's game, all I saw when I watched him were HANDS! He catches the ball with his freaking hands.not with his body or like he is even putting in any effort. Just grabs it out of the air. This might sound stupid but I am so used to seeing alligator arms or throwing one hand up if the throw isn't perfect. He's a freak with his athleticism but more importantly he is just gifted at the position of WR.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah, that 3 yard out where he turned out, looked for the ball and it was on him fast, low and hard, and he had a split second to locate the ball and just went down and snatched it with his hands was freaking impressive...

I mean it was a 3 yard gain but there are not many WRs in the league that make that play after getting their head around at the last second like he did

I had not really seen Sammy Watkins "play WR" until yesterday's game. The only college game of his I saw was the Orange Bowl. However, I had my eyes covered most of the time, a lot of what he did was on screens, and I didn't watch as closely as I would have had I known he would be a Bill. I also have not been to TC and only seen vines and highlights if him there. Last week, no catches.

So, I have to say that I as I watched last night's game, all I saw when I watched him were HANDS! He catches the ball with his freaking hands.not with his body or like he is even putting in any effort. Just grabs it out of the air. This might sound stupid but I am so used to seeing alligator arms or throwing one hand up if the throw isn't perfect. He's a freak with his athleticism but more importantly he is just gifted at the position of WR.

He will make EJ better...

In the orange bowl he was the best player on the field, that includes two other first rounders (OK Roby didn't play that game, but he's garbage anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered). Plus the beloved Hyde from round 2.

In the orange bowl he was the best player on the field, that includes two other first rounders (OK Roby didn't play that game, but he's garbage anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered). Plus the beloved Hyde from round 2.

hence why I could not watch

I somewhat believe Roby sat that game so not to hurt his draft stock. He had little to gain and everything to lose by playing and getting toasted by Sammy. How so called experts saw him as a first rounder is beyond me. Maybe after his sophomore year, but not the horrific junior and senior campaigns. OK I'm off topic.. I digress.

I somewhat believe Roby sat that game so not to hurt his draft stock. He had little to gain and everything to lose by playing and getting toasted by Sammy. How so called experts saw him as a first rounder is beyond me. Maybe after his sophomore year, but not the horrific junior and senior campaigns. OK I'm off topic.. I digress.

oh I absolutely believe roby sat out that game because of that. No doubt in my mind. In fact, I hope he gets single coverage on Sammy when we play Denver and gets his chance. I will just laugh and laugh.

Yes . and more.

The Football god is not quite as mad at us anymore and has bestowed us with gift .

Merry Christmas Buffalo Bills

I believe he could be the best draft pick this century...............

I know that isn't saying a lot but I really like this guy. They drafted him to help out EJ partly for

the inevitable dump offs. maybe Hackett can install some screen plays to play to

His strength YAC.

I know that isn't saying a lot but I really like this guy. They drafted him to help out EJ partly for

the inevitable dump offs. maybe Hackett can install some screen plays to play to

His strength YAC.

I bet he will develop into a complete player in short order. the 3 yd pluck last night was an attempt to use his college specialty in his last season .

Hackett knows. Lets hope he can save it for the real games though :thumbsup:

I remember catching one of his games early in his freshman year and asking "who is THAT guy?". Clearly stood out just a few games out of high school! First team All American as a freshman joining only Herschel Walker, Marshall Faulk and Adrian Peterson. Not bad company. Looking forward to watching this season. He'll pull in a lot of those errant throws. There's a very good reason we paid the price we did. I just don't want to set my expectations TOO high.

He seems to have great hands.

They did try to use him yesterday on something akin to a bubble screen though, and the play failed miserably. That's on Marrone and Hackett, but if they think that they're going to use that crap that they used at Clemson using Sammy, they're not as smart as some may like to think. That stuff has proven not to work in the NFL. It may work at FSU against the rest of the ****ty ACC, but it's not going to work in the NFL. Been tried.

They did try to use him yesterday on something akin to a bubble screen though, and the play failed miserably. That's on Marrone and Hackett, but if they think that they're going to use that crap that they used at Clemson using Sammy, they're not as smart as some may like to think. That stuff has proven not to work in the NFL. It may work at FSU against the rest of the ****ty ACC, but it's not going to work in the NFL. Been tried.

Depends how they cover him. If he wins a few deep balls early in the season that bubble screen might open up very quickly

I know that isn't saying a lot but I really like this guy.

Not saying a lot?

Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers. Andrew Luck. J.J. Watt. Calvin Johnson....

I can keep going if you'd like.

Not saying a lot?

i think he meant the best bills draft pick :)

Depends how they cover him. If he wins a few deep balls early in the season that bubble screen might open up very quickly

ask mike pettine whether screen passes work. He couldn't figure out how to stop AJ Green on those for a whole half last year.maybe we can save those for week 13.

He's also going to make the rest of our receiver's better. I just hope ej can take advantage. But that's the big question isn't it? I don't have any doubts with Sammy. I kinda thought ej looked not bad last night

The Patriots and other teams run it very well. Agree last night's screen was the worst of EJ's plays but we still need to run it once in awhile.

Best draft pick of the century for us was Bruce Smith.

Except it was last century.

I think he means the Bills draft picks but if not, then you are right.

Ah, whoops, I misinterpreted the fella.

Although still, if were talking best picks in terms of value, its going to be hard for Sammy to beat out Kyle Williams in the fifth round, especially with Sammy's asking price at two firsts and a fourth.

Ah, whoops, I misinterpreted the fella.

Although still, if were talking best picks in terms of value, its going to be hard for Sammy to beat out Kyle Williams in the fifth round, especially with Sammy's asking price at two firsts and a fourth.

Value, I can agree probably Kyle. If Sammy transitions his game to the NFL at the same level as college, I get the feeling he will win out in production.

The Panther DB chose to cover him by GRABBING Sammy to prevent him from getting open. We wanted the flag there and so did Sammy. The ref missed one there. He was mugged.

GO BILLS!!!

The truly great WRs catch the ball with their hands. Watkins caught some flack because he's "only" 6'1" but the way he catches everything with his hands coupled with his vertical give him a huge catch radius. 6'1" is plenty big for a #1 WR considering the average NFL CB is around 5'10"

I think he will have some monster plays off play action. With our running attack, defenses loved to stack the box and cheat the run last season. It will only take Watkins burning his man on a PA fake & taking it 80 yards for defenses to back off.

Once they start to respect his speed and back off, you can now work him underneath on screens and quick slants. He really can do it all

Not saying a lot?

I meant the bIlls. Duh

Not saying a lot?

I meant the bIlls. Duh

Best draft pick of the century for us was Bruce Smith.

it's 2014 the 21st century. well I think it is.

Also depends on what coverage they are in on D and the personnel...

Personally I'd take my chances 1 on 1 with Watkins against a DB in the open field